2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have only seen one post on here about someone getting an interview. Has anyone heard anything about when interviews are going out or has anyone else recieved one?

Members don't see this ad.

I have only seen one post on here about someone getting an interview. Has anyone heard anything about when interviews are going out or has anyone else recieved one?

No II on my end so far :(

Just got my interview invite today! Interviewing at the Savannah campus in a few weeks!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the question about where you see yourself after residency, did y'all stick to your career or did you also mention more personal stuff like starting a family, etc?

Got my interview invite! Interviewing Sept 7! When is everybody else's interview dates?

Reactions: 2 users
Does Anyone who applied RD got II yet? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the 2 week secondary submission deadline still apply from the date we received our secondary email? I'm RD, but the only deadline I see is January 15..is it just expected to submit within 2 weeks or frowned upon if I don't?
you sure you aren't thinking about MCG?

Reactions: 1 users
how long after your submit the primaries do you get the secondary? also, do you have to submit all recs before you get a secondary? thanks in advance!

how long after your submit the primaries do you get the secondary? also, do you have to submit all recs before you get a secondary? thanks in advance!
It only took a day for me to get my secondary app. I had already gotten my primary verified and was just waiting on my MCAT score to be posted (8/1). I had my secondary email the next day.

r
It only took a day for me to get my secondary app. I had already gotten my primary verified and was just waiting on my MCAT score to be posted (8/1). I had my secondary email the next day.
oh really? when was your app verified? i submitted mine 2 weeks ago so im debating calling them or not.

What is the stance on submitting additional LoR? So Mercer requires 2 LoR, one from a science prof and one from a physician we've shadowed. If I have 5 total, is it frowned upon to send more than the required 2? I don't want to only send the 2 required if I have more, especially since I don't have a committee letter, but I don't want to send too many if it's looked down upon.
I submitted 4 and got an interview so I'm assuming they don't care if you send more than 2

Does anybody else have this as the first question on their secondary?

"If you wish to discuss your perceptions of your academic readiness for the rigors of a medical school curriculum, or explain poor grades in college coursework or MCAT scores to the Admissions Committee, please do so below."

I do have some academic inconsistencies/poor grades, so is it possible that Mercer saw this in my primary and only sent me this question? I have not seen anybody else have this question for the people who've posted all the secondary essays, and this worries me.
Hey LebronJames35, Don't worry about it- I got that question also, based on previous threads they send the same secondary questions to everyone! And as for the domicile form, as long as you upload your picture online, you will be fine!

Am I overthinking the question asking about being raised rural? Are they looking strictly for the demographics of where you were raised, or are they interested in a "rural" mindset?

I feel bad for having a 230 word limit, but just saying "No, I grew up in a large urban metropolis".

you sure you aren't thinking about MCG?
Am I overthinking the question asking about being raised rural? Are they looking strictly for the demographics of where you were raised, or are they interested in a "rural" mindset?

I feel bad for having a 230 word limit, but just saying "No, I grew up in a large urban metropolis".

Well Macon isn't rural. It's way bigger than my town and my town isn't rural so idk what they wanted. I just wrote about difficulties faced by rural people seeking medical care...

Anyone else starting to freak out about interviews?? I'm so nervous!

will they send you an email if you are rejected for an interview?

Has anyone already had their interview? Wondering if it had a laid back vibe or not

Has anyone already had their interview? Wondering if it had a laid back vibe or not
I haven't had mine yet, but from what I've heard they're very laid back and stress free. Obviously that should be taken with a grain of salt because it'll depend on who you interview with but I'm looking forward to my interview

I haven't had mine yet, but from what I've heard they're very laid back and stress free. Obviously that should be taken with a grain of salt because it'll depend on who you interview with but I'm looking forward to my interview
Awesome. Thanks, yeah I'm getting more excited as it gets closer! Mine is on Tuesday!

Did anyone get an interview invite today. And then 4 hours later another email saying their system made a mistake and that you were not actualy being invited for an interview?

Did anyone get an interview invite today. And then 4 hours later another email saying their system made a mistake and that you were not actualy being invited for an interview?
No, but that would be the worst feeling ever.

Is this for real? Who sent the email saying it was a mistake?

So no RD interviews have been received yet?

This is the one school I feel neurotic about haha.

I think they will this week based on last year thread

II this morning! I am RD and was complete 8/3.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email saying they received my domicile...which I submitted and was marked as received online more than a month ago?