2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you sure it's 2000 characters flat? I submitted with ~2500 characters on one of them and it looked like it wasn't cut off when I printed my application.
It may not have cut off, but I'm about 99% sure I saw 2000 characters when I was submitting it. It might not be a hard limit but a recommendation.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's a character limit I think it's 500 words.
It may not have cut off, but I'm about 99% sure I saw 2000 characters when I was submitting it. It might not be a hard limit but a recommendation.
Are you sure it's 2000 characters flat? I submitted with ~2500 characters on one of them and it looked like it wasn't cut off when I printed my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
is 70lb weight loss considered a personal challenge? this is a stupid question but I did this like 6 years ago so idk if its still "valid" I submitted it anyway with this but now Im worried it wasn't recent enough

is 70lb weight loss considered a personal challenge? this is a stupid question but I did this like 6 years ago so idk if its still "valid" I submitted it anyway with this but now Im worried it wasn't recent enough

I would think so. That's a pretty big accomplishment (and pretty unique) and shows that you can stick to a goal. I think that as long as you related it to how it will make you a better med student you should be ok. But Im also not on the adcom so what do I know

Reactions: 3 users
People who are receiving IIs, did you get an email or did you just check the portal?

I would think so. That's a pretty big accomplishment (and pretty unique) and shows that you can stick to a goal. I think that as long as you related it to how it will make you a better med student you should be ok. But Im also not on the adcom so what do I know

Thanks and I said it taught me how I can accomplish anything I set my mind to and taught me power of perseverance etc. so hopefully it came out ok

Reactions: 1 user
6) Please use the space below to further explain anything in your application that may help us in our review of your candidacy-gaps or delays in education, academic missteps, or personal challenges not listed elsewhere, etc. (this response limited to 1500 characters)

Are most people doing this or is this mostly just to explain academic challenges you faced?

Hey all! Current M1 here, I know there's a few of us on here but feel free to ask me any questions! ^_^

(In case you're wondering, I interviewed here pretty late, in February and was accepted in April so I feel y'all on the long wait you may/may not have!) Good luck to everyone! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! Current M1 here, I know there's a few of us on here but feel free to ask me any questions! ^_^

(In case you're wondering, I interviewed here pretty late, in February and was accepted in April so I feel y'all on the long wait you may/may not have!) Good luck to everyone! :D
Hi!! Was that generally when others were getting interviewed/ accepted? Do you mind sharing stats??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi!! Was that generally when others were getting interviewed/ accepted? Do you mind sharing stats??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was in one of the last groups of acceptances as far as I can tell, so I would say no (but hey, even the last person in is still in lol). But there are multiple people in my class from my specific interview day, so if you've got an interview here, that's a great sign that they saw something they liked in you/your application! (My stats: 3.59cGPA/3.55sGPA/512)

I'm honestly 100000% stoked to be here, and I think this school is a great fit. (they really seem to emphasize fit tbh) I can't comment toooooo much on classes and such since you know, M1 year just started, but so far it's been really great.

Reactions: 1 users
I was in one of the last groups of acceptances as far as I can tell, so I would say no (but hey, even the last person in is still in lol). But there are multiple people in my class from my specific interview day, so if you've got an interview here, that's a great sign that they saw something they liked in you/your application! (My stats: 3.59cGPA/3.55sGPA/512)

I'm honestly 100000% stoked to be here, and I think this school is a great fit. (they really seem to emphasize fit tbh) I can't comment toooooo much on classes and such since you know, M1 year just started, but so far it's been really great.
Congratulations to you! And thanks for sharing! That's encouraging to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invitation via email on 8/9. LizzyM ~70.

Received secondary on 7/10, submitted on 7/16, and marked as complete via portal (no email received) on 7/16 shortly after submission.

Reactions: 5 users
I submitted 7/11 and the was told that I would have priority review and still haven't received an II :(

Priority review doesn't necessarily mean an early interview. Calm down

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted 7/11 and the was told that I would have priority review and still haven't received an II :(
Everyone's email said priority review if you turn it in within a certain amount of weeks... probably doesn't mean much

I have a guaranteed interview here and I haven't recieved an invite either, so don't worry.

Priority review doesn't necessarily mean an early interview. Calm down

No I got a letter from being in the MMAR waiving my application fee and stating that the review of my application would be expedited

No I got a letter from being in the MMAR waiving my application fee and stating that the review of my application would be expedited

same here, no II either. takes time, enjoy the summer !

I did too. That doesn't mean that you're gonna get an interview. Hopefully we all will.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. On the MSAR, Loyola has their first interviews being sent out on August 1st, 2017. Also, he seems to be a recently made account just to screw with people. 2 posts, 4 minutes apart talking about 2 different interview invites and nothing else.

Not sure why my credibility is being impugned on the basis of not commenting much, but I'm basing my estimate of the number of interview invitations on the fact that Loyola interviews cohorts of 15 people per interview day, and there were 3 interview day options when I received my invite. So presumably at least 45 people have received interview invites at this point. I'm not trying to "screw with people", that wouldn't be much of a good joke.

Not sure why my credibility is being impugned on the basis of not commenting much, but I'm basing my estimate of the number of interview invitations on the fact that Loyola interviews cohorts of 15 people per interview day, and there were 3 interview day options when I received my invite. So presumably at least 45 people have received interview invites at this point. I'm not trying to "screw with people", that wouldn't be much of a good joke.
It was the fact that you said you got it on July 28th but the MSAR said they won't send them out until August 1st, it even has the year 2017 included. That's why I'm questioning your credibility. It was nice of you to ignore the main argument in that post though.

It was the fact that you said you got it on July 28th but the MSAR said they won't send them out until August 1st, it even has the year 2017 included. That's why I'm questioning your credibility

MSAR information isn't set in stone and is usually generated in the Spring. A 3 day deviation isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

Everyone on the internet isn't a liar.

MSAR information isn't set in stone and is usually generated in the Spring. A 3 day deviation isn't outside of the realm of possibility.

Everyone on the internet isn't a liar.

can I grab my popcorn or is this meaningless argument over?

by the way lpp06, thank you very much for your contribution via the interview invite tracker. As in everything, I use it sparingly and with hope that I may continue to contribute with valid information.

Reactions: 2 users
can I grab my popcorn or is this meaningless argument over?

by the way lpp06, thank you very much for your contribution via the interview invite tracker. As in everything, I use it sparingly and with hope that I may continue to contribute with valid information.

Thanks!

Although, some over at r/premed like to lambaste it and attract trollers :(. Gotta get that n up to drown em out!

Yes to this like 1000 times!

A good friend of mine who's a current student at Loyola said they just sent out some interviews.

Good luck everyone!

Hi all, current 3rd year at Loyola here. If you have any questions about M1/M2 year, Step or (at least some) rotations, I can try to answer. Good luck!

I was thinking 355 to 88 but that could be even worse, lol
88 to 290 for me. I love seeing all these Chicagoans talk about highways lol.

I hope the in-state Gods favor me this cycle

If I am not Catholic, I should not apply right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If I am not Catholic, I should not apply right?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not either but I just emphasized my views and values that are similar to their mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just submitted the secondary. Kind of disappointed it took me 13 days to do it. I kept blowing them off lol.

88 to 290 for me. I love seeing all these Chicagoans talk about highways lol.

I hope the in-state Gods favor me this cycle
Same for me lol, 290 is a nightmare at anytime other than a Sunday morning or night

Submitting mine today and I'm almost at the 3 week mark...:rolleyes:

The PDF they provide in their secondary email says that they look at the time of login to the secondary application. So even though the application portal does not show "login date" I believe they can see it and use that when considering whether you qualify for the "priority review" which is 4-6 weeks after login.

The PDF they provide in their secondary email says that they look at the time of login to the secondary application. So even though the application portal does not show "login date" I believe they can see it and use that when considering whether you qualify for the "priority review" which is 4-6 weeks after login.

Ah okay, I must have skimmed over that part of the pdf! I did login the day I received my app but got my dates mixed up so today is my exact 2 weeks since receiving. I'm surprised they consider priority review to be submitting within 4-6 weeks. I thought most people would have their secondaries done within a month...

You know if that includes letter completion? Because my letters weren't submitted until more than a month after, but I finished the secondary within several days.

EDIT: My letters were submitted 5 weeks after login so I guess I am good either way lmao

Last edited:
My secondary was submitted (within a week of receiving it) and completed exactly 6 weeks ago tomorrow. Haven't heard anything yet, hoping for good news but I'm not holding my breath. I wonder how set in stone the priority consideration is, and how stringently it's followed.

My secondary was submitted (within a week of receiving it) and completed exactly 6 weeks ago tomorrow. Haven't heard anything yet, hoping for good news but I'm not holding my breath. I wonder how set in stone the priority consideration is, and how stringently it's followed.

It states "Supplemental materials recieved within 4-6 weeks of your initial login to the stritch school of medicine Supplemental application will recieved priority consideration"

It doesn't state exactly how fast priority is, on that you will recieved it if you submit within 4-6 weeks