2017-2018 Louisiana State University - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
IS , RD --> II on Thursday

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current LSU Nola med students that can speak on their experience here?

So I got an email saying my secondary was received on 8/3. It also said they would notify me when my file was complete. I still haven't heard anything. Am I missing something? I included with my secondary the questionnaire and my picture. Thanks!

So I got an email saying my secondary was received on 8/3. It also said they would notify me when my file was complete. I still haven't heard anything. Am I missing something? I included with my secondary the questionnaire and my picture. Thanks!
Their completed email are always spotty. Try email/calling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 10:25 this morning! Complete 8/23. I have called a couple of times already to schedule but it keeps going to voicemail. Anyone else having this issue?
Stats:
OS Reapplicant
Last 32 hours Masters GPA: 3.67
MCAT 506
No family in Louisiana, just lots of friends there
EC: TAing, Scribing, MA
Super excited! Interview Oct. 3rd

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was complete in July, waiting to hear something from this school is agony! Do they do rejections or just leave everything open for a really long time?

II at 10:25 this morning! Complete 8/23. I have called a couple of times already to schedule but it keeps going to voicemail. Anyone else having this issue?
Stats:
OS Reapplicant
Last 32 hours Masters GPA: 3.67
MCAT 506
No family in Louisiana, just lots of friends there
EC: TAing, Scribing, MA
Super excited!
I was having this issue as well. I'm going to try calling this week.

I graduated 5 years ago, so my info is out of date. But no one I know has written that optional essay. Good luck everyone!

Anyone interview for early decision? have you gotten any word back?

Does LSU accept update letters like new employment?

For the secondary application, there is not enough room for my experiences for volunteering/working, so do I just extend the boxes/add an attached paper?

For the secondary application, there is not enough room for my experiences for volunteering/working, so do I just extend the boxes/add an attached paper?
They have your primary. If I were you, I would try to narrow it down and make it fit. I used small text and only put the most important experiences that involved working with people. My descriptions were very brief and not complete sentences.

Well, ladies and gents, it's a done deal. I'm in as of 9/18. Good luck to everyone. Keep your chin up and keep toiling. I have been trying to get in for 15 years. There were a lot of upsets, a lot of disappointment, and a lot of feeling like I was wasting my time, but *DON'T QUIT*. Rise and take every opportunity to shine.

Reactions: 16 users
Done for me too! Early decision acceptance on 9/18 as well. If I can get in, so can y'all! Hope to see most of y'all next year!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys! This is my first time applying to medical school after several gap years! I'm praying this is my year. I sent my secondary by mail two days ago and received an email confirming they received it. Also good luck to everyone else applying for the first time or multiple!

Reactions: 2 users
II 9/28
complete 9/11
out-of-state

first available interview was 10/30

just a heads up, I got the confirmation now.

I'm over the moon excited for this interview and really really hoping that anyone who hasn't gotten one yet gets one soon.

We're all in this mess together and I know we'll all get through it and see each other in the professional world one day!!!! :)

(Don't h8 me for the cheese y'all)

Reactions: 3 users
They do do student housing in New Orleans. Its like co-ed apartments if i remember correctly

I received an email stating they wanted my transcript from my SMP program after my first semester. I am assuming they are interested but IDK. I really hope they are, I love LSUNO! At least its, not a rejection! Now its back to studying, so I can send them good grades in December.:)

just a heads up, I got the confirmation now.

I'm over the moon excited for this interview and really really hoping that anyone who hasn't gotten one yet gets one soon.

We're all in this mess together and I know we'll all get through it and see each other in the professional world one day!!!! :)

(Don't h8 me for the cheese y'all)
congratulations Taylor Swift! I can't help but think of TS when I see your profile picture. I love Tay!:)

They do do student housing in New Orleans. Its like co-ed apartments if i remember correctly
I believe he or she asked about "student hosting" for interviews, not student housing.