2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they're saying they got that email. I also got the email btw.

Ohh gotcha gotcha. Yeah I was just confused because I submitted about 10 days ago and payed the fee lol so I'm wondering if they even got my stuff

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh gotcha gotcha. Yeah I was just confused because I submitted about 10 days ago and payed the fee lol so I'm wondering if they even got my stuff

I've actually received a few things from other schools that seemed to be out of order, so I wouldn't be concerned if I was you!

Edit: This link is purely for the secondary application fee I believe.

Last edited:
Wait... Yes maybe we actually do have to pay another application fee.

Rejection email received! Best of luck to those still waiting :)

Submitted secondary. Do you think I have a chance? Canadian, 4.0, 510

II today! I interview on the 8th. Who is going to be there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone describe what the culture of the school is like and what the area is like? Having trouble finding good info on this. I'm really interested in this school. I'm interested in primary care (though I feel too early to say I want to do this for certain), and most of my experience is with underserved communities. That being said, I've only lived in big cities! North Jersey and now Phoenix. I can't even begin to imagine what this area is like! I want to make sure it's a place I can see myself fitting before I decide to send a secondary. I really like what I know of the school so far, but don't really know anything about what living there would be like! Would love some feedback :)

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone describe what the culture of the school is like and what the area is like? Having trouble finding good info on this. I'm really interested in this school. I'm interested in primary care (though I feel too early to say I want to do this for certain), and most of my experience is with underserved communities. That being said, I've only lived in big cities! North Jersey and now Phoenix. I can't even begin to imagine what this area is like! I want to make sure it's a place I can see myself fitting before I decide to send a secondary. I really like what I know of the school so far, but don't really know anything about what living there would be like! Would love some feedback :)

We're a big family. Every school I interviewed at last year made the same claim, so take that with a grain of salt. A bunch of us attended gross anatomy bootcamp over the summer and made friends, so when the rest of our class (~240ish) showed up for orientation it was too easy to get them all integrated and cozy. Medicine is very much a team sport, so we work in small groups quite often. In fact, lab and team-based learning exercises are just about the only events we're required to attend (also exams, but even those are optional if you don't care about your medical career). It isn't like undergrad group work, either; the students to my left and right actually want to be here and learn. We also enjoy the most forgiving dress code I've seen at a medical school—men are supposed to wear a shirt with a collar, and women don't really have hard and fast rules (other than don't look like a total slob).

All of our professors have open door policies, and they're always happy to see one of us walk into their offices. Most of them have candy too, so you can basically go trick or treating any day of the year (one faculty member's candy dish is a preserved human skull and you should ask to see it when you come for your interview. Speaking of interviews, a lot of candidates express a desire to practice rural medicine, primary care, or both. You don't have to say that in order to get a seat in the class. I told my interviewers I was interested in pathology and I made it in. We're all still figuring that part out anyways, and might change our minds 5 or 10 more times before we start applying to residency programs.

There's so much more to tell, but I've got an exam in the morning. Let me know if there's anything you're still curious about.

Reactions: 5 users
We're a big family. Every school I interviewed at last year made the same claim, so take that with a grain of salt. A bunch of us attended gross anatomy bootcamp over the summer and made friends, so when the rest of our class (~240ish) showed up for orientation it was too easy to get them all integrated and cozy. Medicine is very much a team sport, so we work in small groups quite often. In fact, lab and team-based learning exercises are just about the only events we're required to attend (also exams, but even those are optional if you don't care about your medical career). It isn't like undergrad group work, either; the students to my left and right actually want to be here and learn. We also enjoy the most forgiving dress code I've seen at a medical school—men are supposed to wear a shirt with a collar, and women don't really have hard and fast rules (other than don't look like a total slob).

All of our professors have open door policies, and they're always happy to see one of us walk into their offices. Most of them have candy too, so you can basically go trick or treating any day of the year (one faculty member's candy dish is a preserved human skull and you should ask to see it when you come for your interview. Speaking of interviews, a lot of candidates express a desire to practice rural medicine, primary care, or both. You don't have to say that in order to get a seat in the class. I told my interviewers I was interested in pathology and I made it in. We're all still figuring that part out anyways, and might change our minds 5 or 10 more times before we start applying to residency programs.

There's so much more to tell, but I've got an exam in the morning. Let me know if there's anything you're still curious about.

I PM'd you! :) Thank you for such a detailed response!

Well, I sent in my app today! Now that I've gotten a better feel for the school through students/past threads and @BootsToPathology I feel pretty excited. Hopefully will have some good news in the future. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone call and check on their application here? Haven't heard anything since late June.

Just cancelled my II here! Hope someone awesome takes my spot!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an II. Do you mind sharing when you all received the complete email?

To those who received IIs, how long was your essay? 5000 character limit is so intimidating for a prompt like this one.

I called admissions today, they're review more apps right now. We could hear about more II in the coming days.

To those who interviewed with me: good luck, they're gonna start with the decisions today or tomorrow.

They just said as early as Thursday and as late as Monday we should know

I know it's still early and they'll probably end up calling Sunday or something but I'm still incredibly anxious

I just got a spam call from the right area code and pooped my pants

I just got a spam call from the right area code and pooped my pants

Yeah that is literally the worst thing ever. When I applied last year I got so many calls from area codes where I was waiting for IIs from.