2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A portal? After I submitted everything and all my items were received I got a complete email that said IIs start after July 1st, and that was all. (Complete on July 20th)
A "portal" is the slang term for whatever school specific site you can log into to check your status.

Members don't see this ad.

A "portal" is the slang term for whatever school specific site you can log into to check your status.

I understood that part. I just didn't think this school used one for their application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps they don't. I wouldn't know because I haven't gotten any communication after paying the fee.
Same, only got the email after paying and that was it. Hoping they start sending stuff out sometime soon though

Reactions: 1 user
when you guys submitted the secondary on AACOMAS, did you guys have problems indenting your paragraphs? It's all coming out as one large paragraph, with no delineations.

Has anyone received anything yet after submitting the app from AACOMAS?

Yeah I received that too. I submitted around June I want to say. I feel like calling them but I suppose I'll just want and see

Yeah I got the complete July 12. There hasn't been any talk on here of any other movement so I'm guessing they are just reviewing. From what I hear the DO cycle is a little slower.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I got the complete July 12. There hasn't been any talk on here of any other movement so I'm guessing they are just reviewing. From what I hear the DO cycle is a little slower.

According to last year's thread, the first round of interviews went out on August 4th, which was a Thursday.If they operate the same as last year the first set of interview invitations should go out this Thursday August 3rd

Members don't see this ad :)
If last year is any indication we should hopefully hear something back regarding interviews soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
so theres no portal right? just submit everything thru AACOMAS?

Has anyone received anything yet after submitting the app from AACOMAS?
I submitted my app on july 15 and have not heard anything back yet. Not a confirmation email or anything. I feel like i should email them.

I submitted my app on july 15 and have not heard anything back yet. Not a confirmation email or anything. I feel like i should email them.
Canadian here as well. Haven't heard anything from this school, and confused because they sent an email saying they would update us after July 1st.

Canadian here as well. Haven't heard anything from this school, and confused because they sent an email saying they would update us after July 1st.
Yeah IIRC there were two emails; one that said after July 1st and then they sent another one saying August 1st, leading me to believe that the first one was a mistake. Even then, it's past August 1st so perhaps we hopefully hear something this upcoming week...

Yeah IIRC there were two emails; one that said after July 1st and then they sent another one saying August 1st, leading me to believe that the first one was a mistake. Even then, it's past August 1st so perhaps we hopefully hear something this upcoming week...
never received the one saying August 1st

I sent on 7/24 and received a completion on 7/28. I would suggest contacting them :)

never received the one saying August 1st

So the emailed titled: LMU-DCOM File Complete has the "If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates after July 1."

And, the email titled: LMU-DCOM Application Update has "After your file is completed, the Admissions Committee will review your file. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted after July 31st."

Weird thing is that File Complete was sent after the Application Update email... Safe to say that it's been all over the place, just patiently waiting at this point. :whistle:

II on Monday! I was out of the country, so I just got the email today!

Reactions: 3 users
What were the dates for interviews to those of you that received II?

What were the dates for interviews to those of you that received II?

Usually interviews are every Friday and every Thursday night is the meet and greet pizza dinner.

I don't think I saw that brought up yet, but if you are in town and able to go to Meet and Greet. I recommend it. All it is, is 1st or 2nd years hanging out with you to answer any question you may have. And no, we do not speak to admissions about anything you say*. It's just between us. So feel free to ask whatever is on your mind.

*okay, if you just sit and bash the school, that's just weird lol

anyone not get a complete email after submitting on aacomas?

Best vs. Cheapest airport to get to LMU for an interview? Hearing Lexington or Knoxville so far. Any public transportation that would get someone from an airport to the med school? Or, is it just not practical? (i.e. bus transfers, bad bus schedule, etc.) I'm 24 and renting a car at under 25 is sometimes tricky stuff with extra fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! Do you think an international student with a 3.95 GPA, 505 (129/122/127/127) MCAT, and all the other fun stuff (ECs/DO shadowing) has a shot here? I got their "under-review and complete" e-mail on 7/28, but haven't heard anything since then. Worried because I am really interested in this school :/

Btw, my undergrad is from the US. Thanku for anybody's help!

4th year at DCOM.

This school gave me a solid foundation, put me in a position to get strong board scores on both comlex and usmle. I've had great rotation experiences.

But dear god. Sweet baby jesus. You do not want to live in Harrogate. Getting out of there was the happiest day in my recent memory.

Reactions: 7 users
4th year at DCOM.

This school gave me a solid foundation, put me in a position to get strong board scores on both comlex and usmle. I've had great rotation experiences.

But dear god. Sweet baby jesus. You do not want to live in Harrogate. Getting out of there was the happiest day in my recent memory.

If I may ask, what exactly about Harrogate didn't you like?

I can't answer for Mehd School, but one of the reasons that the average person is happy to move on (to rotations or graduate or move away) is mostly because Harrogate is a very small place, with Knoxville being a whole hour or so away, with nothing really in the area to do.

Yes, there are local things to see and do. I know the Gap is having more events like campfire stories or having a haunted hay ride for October. There's a national park there so there's a million hiking trails. Then that's about it.

On the other side of the tunnel is where you'll probably be buying your groceries or getting the only bit of fast food in the whole area and choices are limited. If you pull up google maps and type in a few things, you'll be able to see how the area doesn't have a lot in terms of fun things to do.

As someone who's not a city person, I didn't have a problem with the ruralness of it. If I wanted to do go do something, I could check the school's monthly event page that gets sent out or see what things the Gap (it's a town) had planned, or if there was nothing. Then I'd just go for a hike.

I can't answer for Mehd School, but one of the reasons that the average person is happy to move on (to rotations or graduate or move away) is mostly because Harrogate is a very small place, with Knoxville being a whole hour or so away, with nothing really in the area to do.

Yes, there are local things to see and do. I know the Gap is having more events like campfire stories or having a haunted hay ride for October. There's a national park there so there's a million hiking trails. Then that's about it.

On the other side of the tunnel is where you'll probably be buying your groceries or getting the only bit of fast food in the whole area and choices are limited. If you pull up google maps and type in a few things, you'll be able to see how the area doesn't have a lot in terms of fun things to do.

As someone who's not a city person, I didn't have a problem with the ruralness of it. If I wanted to do go do something, I could check the school's monthly event page that gets sent out or see what things the Gap (it's a town) had planned, or if there was nothing. Then I'd just go for a hike.

I'm not a city person either, in the least bit. But the entire area there doesn't have any real places to eat, or shopping, or things...to do. It's like you're living on an island. Knoxville is an hour away, except that it's the most exhausting hour drive I've ever made and you won't have time or energy to go there more than once or twice a month. I had classmates that lived in knoxville and commuted for mandatory attendance things, and I envied them a little bit.

Why they chose to put this school in Harrogate and not knoxville is beyond me. Knoxville is a great little city, there are no medical schools there, and they have a ton of hospitals to train at. Seriously, they could have trained our whole class at hospitals in the knoxville and surrounding areas.

When I interviewed here everyone told me "oh it's great for studying. no distractions!" but holy **** guys. My classmates felt like we were in prison for 2 years. I don't think that wanting a decent coffee shop (there's one in the gap that's very decent if you have 30 minutes to burn waiting on a cappuccino) or a good place to eat or shop is too much to ask for. Finding someone to just cut my hair was an event all on its own. If you're into extremely rural places with zero resources, this is the place for you.

And the locals, while many are exceptionally nice, others are absolutely awful to be around and live near. It's a low income, low education area and a lot of my classmates were frankly treated like **** by some of the locals. And some of this is spilling over into crime at some of the university housing.

Again, I've loved this school for the most part. I've rotated along MD students from good schools and my knowledge and clinical skills are right up there with them, and that's due to my foundation at DCOM. But they really picked a truly awful location to place the school. I'm kind of dreading going back there just for graduation.

I specifically didn't like anything about it. No shopping. No places to eat, unless you're a KFC and Dairy Queen connoisseur. Nothing to do for entertainment. There is nothing really you can do to escape medical school there, except for the occasional hike. And after the 4th-5th time it leaves you wanting other things to do.

Pros:
-Pretty mountains

Cons:
-Everything else

Anyone get an email about filling out the aacomas secondary even though I already submitted and payed the secondary fee? Should I call them?