2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I'm on my laptop! It's so weird, this is the only thread that I'm not getting notifications for.
Oh that can happens sometimes! I have no idea why. I just go to my watched threads tab and look at the unread ones.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email today saying that I won't be reviewed until my second MCAT attempt goes through on Aug 1. Minor detail but as an FYI for anyone else in the "pending MCAT" scenario.

so i have an interview in a few weeks and just logged onto my portal after reading all these messages and notice that my file has red x next to all requirements (MCAT, LOR, prereqs etc)....anyone else? I know they had all my stuff in june when they sent me the II

also, do we need to send in official ACT scores if we have an II? What is Academic Index Score (AIS) mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
so i have an interview in a few weeks and just logged onto my portal after reading all these messages and notice that my file has red x next to all requirements (MCAT, LOR, prereqs etc)....anyone else? I know they had all my stuff in june when they sent me the II
LECOM will review your materials, and the red x's should resolve a few days before (and in some cases a few days after) your interview.

also, do we need to send in official ACT scores if we have an II? What is Academic Index Score (AIS) mean?
The AIS is an alternative to the MCAT for prospective LECOM students. I know of several students in the APAP program who were admitted based on their AIS, without taking the MCAT. Unless you are using the AIS instead of an MCAT score, I do not believe you need to provide an ACT score. There is more info on the AIS on the LECOM site:
College of Osteopathic Medicine Entrance Requirements - LECOM Education System

LECOM will review your materials, and the red x's should resolve a few days before (and in some cases a few days after) your interview.

The AIS is an alternative to the MCAT for prospective LECOM students. I know of several students in the APAP program who were admitted based on their AIS, without taking the MCAT. Unless you are using the AIS instead of an MCAT score, I do not believe you need to provide an ACT score. There is more info on the AIS on the LECOM site:
Thank you for your help!!! I believe I entered my ACT score on my secondary app (not positive) but also my MCAT scores were submitted......they will recognize this right? I don't want them to do AIS if i dont need to...

I also just got an interview invite for July. Any advice on how to go about preparing for it?
Can you mind sharing when did you submitted secondary. My daughter submitted hers at end of June stat ( S GPA 3.6 MCAT 506) have not received anything. Is there a hope please comment.

Can you mind sharing when did you submitted secondary. My daughter submitted hers at end of June stat ( S GPA 3.6 MCAT 506) have not received anything. Is there a hope please comment.
I submitted July 3rd with similar stat. They have new students there starting orientation. Probably won't hear back for another couple weeks. Just have to be patient! Lots of hope still.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

I submitted July 3rd with similar stat. They have new students there starting orientation. Probably won't hear back for another couple weeks. Just have to be patient! Lots of hope still.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile
Thanks. Any comment on if her stat is in par with Lecom admitted stat. So worried.

Oh that's awesome! Do you think if you said November 15th they would figure you're not super interested? I'll probably say October 1st, but just curious..
Would you mind sharing stat? My daughter has ( 3.6 both CGPA and SGPA and MCAT 506) under review since june 26th.

Oh that's awesome! Do you think if you said November 15th they would figure you're not super interested? I'll probably say October 1st, but just curious..
Where can you choose the date? I already have an II so it may be too late… I just need time to figure out if I should drop that money to reserve a seat. If I get accepted that is

First, there is a lot more then just MCAT and sGPA that determines an interview. State of residence, extracurricular, shadowing, research, university of undergrad, etc etc etc...but those stats are fine and on par of she meets all other aspects too. Second, it is a very long process. This is still very early, most schools won't get back until mid August to early September for wave one. And there are many waves of interviews. Be patient, that's the best advice.

AACOMAS has received my committee letter and MCAT scores, but my LECOM portal still shows X's for all of the required materials. How do we confirm that LECOM has received our materials prior to our interview? Do we have to send our LOR/MCAT to LECOM separately?
I was wondering the same thing! I hope not...

Hi ! I am applying with AIS (just took mcat today so won't get the result until Aug so I just applied with my sat score). You said you know students accpted through the ais score, do you know what scores they got? the website says 110 above is acceptable but there's not much info on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ! I am applying with AIS (just took mcat today so won't get the result until Aug so I just applied with my sat score). You said you know students accpted through the ais score, do you know what scores they got? the website says 110 above is acceptable but there's not much info on it.
I do not know anyone's score, nor I can speak to how LECOM evaluates the AIS. The students I know who were accepted using the AIS in lieu of the MCAT applied specifically to LECOM's three year APAP program. They did not take the MCAT because they would likely not have applied to any other medical schools.

Where can you choose the date? I already have an II so it may be too late… I just need time to figure out if I should drop that money to reserve a seat. If I get accepted that is
I think the person who posted about being able to choose a date said you choose at your interview. I have an interview in August so I guess I'll find out then!

If they really lowered the deposit to $500, I'm not as worried. It would still suck to lose $500, but $2,000 was just outrageous.

I think the person who posted about being able to choose a date said you choose at your interview. I have an interview in August so I guess I'll find out then!

If they really lowered the deposit to $500, I'm not as worried. It would still suck to lose $500, but $2,000 was just outrageous.
Yeah, 2,000 is a lot and at this point, it is so early in the cycle. There is really no telling where I will end up so I hope they don't mind me pushing the decision to November. Best of Luck at your interview! mine is Aug 4.

Yeah, 2,000 is a lot and at this point, it is so early in the cycle. There is really no telling where I will end up so I hope they don't mind me pushing the decision to November. Best of Luck at your interview! mine is Aug 4.
Good luck to you as well!!! Mine is August 14th!

II this morning for the Erie campus. Haven't scheduled it yet but super excited to visit the East Coast!

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning for the Erie campus. Haven't scheduled it yet but super excited to visit the East Coast!
Can I ask for stats? I got a II at Bradenton but still "under review" for Erie, so just curious!

Can I ask for stats? I got a II at Bradenton but still "under review" for Erie, so just curious!
Sorry if this seems like a silly question.. for those 2 campuses you did have to submit 2 separate secondaries right?

508 MCAT, 3.72 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA

Sorry if this seems like a silly question.. for those 2 campuses you did have to submit 2 separate secondaries right?

Yes, the secondaries for the PA and FL campuses are different and you need to submit them separately.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats !!!

Could you let us know when you submitted your secondary? Still waiting on mine, submitted 7/3

Submitted 6/23 and haven't heard back. You've got me beat by one day.

My guess right now is that they are giving II to the people who they think would most likely matriculate to the school taking into account stats and/or region. Example: @fldoctorgirl - We have almost exactly the same stats but haven't gotten an II at the Erie campus. Our stats are higher than LECOM's avg. However, she got an II at Bradenton and maybe that's because she is from Florida and more likely to stay in the region. This is all just speculation btw. I have no idea how they send out II but that is my guess after observing who's been getting interviews. We may get interviews at a later time than the early interviewers so they have a chance to opt in to the early acceptance pool.

Reactions: 1 users
Forgot to say submitted secondary to Erie 7/13 and received interview this morning

My guess right now is that they are giving II to the people who they think would most likely matriculate to the school taking into account stats and/or region. Example: @fldoctorgirl - We have almost exactly the same stats but haven't gotten an II at the Erie campus. Our stats are higher than LECOM's avg. However, she got an II at Bradenton and maybe that's because she is from Florida and more likely to stay in the region. This is all just speculation btw. I have no idea how they send out II but that is my guess after observing who's been getting interviews. We may get interviews at a later time than the early interviewers so they have a chance to opt in to the early acceptance pool.

I like that speculation, and it makes some sense. I live nowhere near Erie or Florida lol. Plus at least we haven't been rejected, so that's something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I like that speculation, and it makes some sense. I live nowhere near Erie or Florida lol. Plus at least we haven't been rejected, so that's something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Most definitely. My guess is that the earlier II people will have the opportunity to get the early acceptance. So maybe we will get out II scheduled around late September or October. Who knows really. I would be pretty shocked if we got rejected.

Most definitely. My guess is that the earlier II people will have the opportunity to get the early acceptance. So maybe we will get out II scheduled around late September or October. Who knows really. I would be pretty shocked if we got rejected.
I'm in the same boat as you guys!

What were your stats?
Michigan resident, Umich undergrad, 3.71cGPA, 3.51sGPA, 506 MCAT, nontrad, from rural area. Lots of medically related experiences/research and leadership in community service.

This would make a lot of sense. Funny thing is I would choose Erie over Bradenton!

Reactions: 1 users
So that means I can steal all your Bradenton invites right?

Does " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." mean a rejection? Has anyone gotten this and then received an II?

Does " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." mean a rejection? Has anyone gotten this and then received an II?
By skimming the last year thread, some ppl say they got II after getting that message. mine is still under review though.

Happy to see that the folks getting interviews have the same stats as me :clap: I still haven't submitted either of my secondaries, due to an error in my MCAT score. It's listed that I didn't take it, even though my score does appear on my AACOMAS application. LECOM is the only school that has had this error for me so far.

Does anyone know if the PCSP is available in all three campuses or just Erie?