2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If i'm not mistaken they have a 500 cutoff.. could be wrong tho.
I received a secondary this cycle with less than 500.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
oh ok i see your point. Have you retaken? or planning on it?
I haven't but it'd have to be sept 9th by the time I can study again and increase my score. I didn't know if that'd be too late in the cycle. Also do med schools know if i sign up for the mcat again if I don't tell them? I don't want my application to be on hold bc I feel like those ones get delayed a lot longer than if I'd just keep my old score. Ahhh idk. Any suggestions from anyone??

Just received "you got that email by mistake" from LECOM

I'm applying with AIS. I wonder anyone with AIS got accepted?

I got like 4 copies of the orientation email. I have a II in August so at first I thought it was like "what to do when you get here for your interview". Then I realized it was for accepted students! Thanks, LECOM :laugh:

I haven't but it'd have to be sept 9th by the time I can study again and increase my score. I didn't know if that'd be too late in the cycle. Also do med schools know if i sign up for the mcat again if I don't tell them? I don't want my application to be on hold bc I feel like those ones get delayed a lot longer than if I'd just keep my old score. Ahhh idk. Any suggestions from anyone??
Don't play yourself man. Be upfront with them, if you do not indicate a date they won't know that you are retaking. Schools may automatically reject you with no further consideration. If you mention that you are retaking, even if you don't meet their preferred quota, seeing an upcoming score allows for a second review at most schools (you get put on hold).
Bottom line, if you are comfortable applying with your old score (less than 500), then do as you see fit... but i would strongly suggest you indicate the upcoming date to maximize your odds.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm really hoping that e-mail is a type of foreshadowing lol

Reactions: 2 users
has any one low GPA (sub 3.00) with high MCAT (517+) gotten II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the portal for the secondary look like this for anyone else? I submitted my secondary 7/3 but it still says "in progress"
574c989ed9bd839a8a8e549e185976c4.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I have been calling them about my fee waiver issue, they keep giving me different email addresses to send it to.. and still nothing. I will keep calling until this gets resolved.

Bradenton status says " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days" any idea what this means? It has been like this for 2 days now. got the mistaken email yesterday. Erie says application under review.

Submitted my secondaries for Erie and Bradenton about a week ago. Been checking every day anxiously to see for any updates. I applied with the AIS as I took MCAT on June 30 and I didn't want to delay my application.

I got the "decision in 30 days" notification from Bradenton. Should I assume a rejection?

I got the "decision in 30 days" notification from Bradenton. Should I assume a rejection?
I would suspect it's either a pre-II hold or rejection. Good luck with the rest of your applications, though! :)

Submitted my secondaries for Erie and Bradenton about a week ago. Been checking every day anxiously to see for any updates. I applied with the AIS as I took MCAT on June 30 and I didn't want to delay my application.
Same! I haven't taken mcat so I submitted with AIS!

Did anyone get fee waiver for their secondary? I forwarded my AACOMAS fee waiver confirmation email, but haven't heard from the admissions office.

Did anyone get fee waiver for their secondary? I forwarded my AACOMAS fee waiver confirmation email, but haven't heard from the admissions office.
Same here. I ended up calling them. They took care of it then.

Still stuck in "Application Under Review" purgatory

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I always get lecom email late at night like 3:00 am

It's 4:30pm where I am

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Did you apply to Bradenton and Erie? If you put SH as first choice, I don't think they've sent out interview invites yet.

Did you apply to Bradenton and Erie? If you put SH as first choice, I don't think they've sent out interview invites yet.
Nah I put Bradenton as my first.

Dang.... Seems like no action this Thursday.... Ugh I am so impatient!
They have Orientation this week so my guess we will not hear anything from them today. Next week is the next possible chance for Erie I am assuming.

Edit: They also had interviews today. So they were doing those instead of reading applications.

any rejections or holds? what was the status before rejection or hold?

Secondary received and submitted!

Is this thread being weird for anyone else? It keeps not giving me notifications of new posts, even though I'm watching the thread :(

Is this thread being weird for anyone else? It keeps not giving me notifications of new posts, even though I'm watching the thread :(
I'm getting the notifications. Are you using tapatalk? It floods up my phone every time someone posts something.

I'm getting the notifications. Are you using tapatalk? It floods up my phone every time someone posts something.

No, I'm on my laptop! It's so weird, this is the only thread that I'm not getting notifications for.