2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am! Thought I would be the only person signed up for a September interview at this point haha.
Awesome! I'm OOS so it was the best date for me and I found the best deal for a plane ticket. Still have to figure out the hotel/transportation situation though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually found out that you get to choose to be notified of their decision either October 1st or November 15th. So, the earliest acceptances they will send out is early October!
Oh that's awesome! Do you think if you said November 15th they would figure you're not super interested? I'll probably say October 1st, but just curious..

Oh that's awesome! Do you think if you said November 15th they would figure you're not super interested? I'll probably say October 1st, but just curious..
I would hope not because some people simply just can't afford to put down that much money for a deposit off the bat and need a little extra time to save up. Plus, they must know that people are applying to other schools and most schools give you until Dec 15th to make a decision if you are offered acceptance prior to November 15th.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who wish you had an interview already....I was browsing the LECOM website and I saw that they require a non-refundable $2,000 deposit due 30 days after notification of acceptance. Super grateful to have an interview, but kind of wishing it was later now! $2,000 is a lot to lose so early in the cycle...

$1500 deposit if you get early accepted (sept 30)

$500 deposit for normal acceptance

Deposits go toward tuition

$1500 deposit if you get early accepted (sept 30)

$500 deposit for normal acceptance

Deposits go toward tuition
Where did you get that info from?

Online it says:
Matriculation Fee: $2,000
Nonrefundable fee due 30 days after receipt of acceptance. The matriculation fee is applied toward the tuition fee upon matriculation.

Where did you get that info from?

Online it says:
Matriculation Fee: $2,000
Nonrefundable fee due 30 days after receipt of acceptance. The matriculation fee is applied toward the tuition fee upon matriculation.

Interesting. I got that from my interview with them on Friday

Does anyone know how rotations at LECOM 3rd and 4th year work? Can you stay in Erie for the majority of your rotations? Or do you have to move away for the last two years?

Does anyone know how rotations at LECOM 3rd and 4th year work? Can you stay in Erie for the majority of your rotations? Or do you have to move away for the last two years?
I believe this was covered on the first page of the thread. From my understanding, there are a couple of sites that allow you to complete all rotations within the general area, aka "13". Otherwise, you may have to move around a bit across PA/NY. Most locations are in state if you review the clinical rotation list on lecoms website. Bradenton rotations are also instate but are more loosely developed than Erie/SH (from what I hear, living close to the campus).

You can move away

I'd rather stay put for third and fourth year as I have kids and my wife will more than likely be working. I don't want her to have to find a new job, would be easier if she could stay put with the kids for four years. Not sure if this is possible though...

See my post on the first page for details.
I'd rather stay put for third and fourth year as I have kids and my wife will more than likely be working. I don't want her to have to find a new job, would be easier if she could stay put with the kids for four years. Not sure if this is possible though...
If you want to stay in one place for four years, your best bet is to pick the Erie campus for 1st/2nd year and then try to get Millcreek or St. Vincent for your rotation site. Millcreek isn't popular, and I'd imagine if you want it, you're likely to get it, although there's no guarantees with rotation site selection. Meanwhile, the Allegheny site nearest to Seton Hill is very popular since it's in an urban area and a lot of students are from Pittsburgh, so I wouldn't put all your eggs in the basket of picking Seton Hill and then not having to move.

Last edited:
See my post on the first page for details.

If you want to stay in one place for four years, your best bet is to pick the Erie campus for 1st/2nd year and then try to get Millcreek or St. Vincent for your rotation site. Millcreek isn't popular, and I'd imagine if you want it, you're likely to get it, although there's no guarantees with rotation site selection. Meanwhile, the Allegheny site nearest to Seton Hill is very popular since it's in an urban area and a lot of students are from Pittsburgh, so I wouldn't put all your eggs in the basket of picking Seton Hill and then not having to move.
So it's reasonable to stay in Erie for years three and four with maybe a few audition rotations out of town? Is the Millcreek rotation undesirable because of lack of variety or for other reasons?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take you all to receive the secondary?

I actually found out that you get to choose to be notified of their decision either October 1st or November 15th. So, the earliest acceptances they will send out is early October!

:( Too late.

I just submitted my application to this school for the second time. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone received a mistake email from LECOM before?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah just received that orientation email.
Edit: haven't even received an II just by the way lol

Id be a little concerned if their system is sending orientation emails. Did you apply last cycle?

Id be a little concerned if their system is sending orientation emails. Did you apply last cycle?

I got the same orientation email five times in a row

I got the email too. I'm starting to believe they sent the secondary to me by mistake

I got the orientation email too. Not gonna lie my heart skipped a beat when I thought I was accepted without even an interview. Are you guys replying to the email? I don't really know what to say...

I got the orientation email too. Not gonna lie my heart skipped a beat when I thought I was accepted without even an interview. Are you guys replying to the email? I don't really know what to say...
Don't reply to it it's clearly a mistake... pretty sure everybody in their system got one. People that applied in 2016-2017 on the WL and such have one too

hmm
I am expecting they will send sorry email to all of us? I have one more year to graduate college so i can't just go to lecom lol..

Don't reply to it it's clearly a mistake... pretty sure everybody in their system got one. People that applied in 2016-2017 on the WL and such have one too
Omg I would be devastated if I was on the waitlist and I got that email just to find out it was a mistake

Reactions: 2 users
+1 anyone going to call them? I was thinking about calling later today after work.

I'm going to email them back. Figured it would look like I'm not very interested in the school if I didn't respond to that at all

Positive thought: Maybe they meant to sent an interview invite email to us and accidentally sent the orientation email instead?

Just called, it's an IT department error

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary July 1st so it's almost going to be 3 weeks and it's still marked as "under review". About how long after you guys submitted your secondaries are you hearing responses? I thought generally we should hear something back within 2 ish weeks or maybe I am mistaken.

I submitted my secondary July 1st so it's almost going to be 3 weeks and it's still marked as "under review". About how long after you guys submitted your secondaries are you hearing responses? I thought generally we should hear something back within 2 ish weeks or maybe I am mistaken.

I definitely heard back months after I went through the app last year.

I've been under review since 7/3. Still no word either :(

I've been under review since 7/3. Still no word either :(
Oh man okay I guess it may be a while then. I submitted the secondaries for pretty much all my DO applications, but I just recently got a DO letter uploaded to AACOMAS. I'm thinking if I should try to get in touch with the schools to let them know I had a DO letter uploaded so they can make sure it's added to my file. It's not required at any of the schools and I have already sent an MD letter to them all, but a lot of them say something like "DO letter preferred"

Oh man okay I guess it may be a while then. I submitted the secondaries for pretty much all my DO applications, but I just recently got a DO letter uploaded to AACOMAS. I'm thinking if I should try to get in touch with the schools to let them know I had a DO letter uploaded so they can make sure it's added to my file. It's not required at any of the schools and I have already sent an MD letter to them all, but a lot of them say something like "DO letter preferred"
If you log into AACOMAS there should be an update application button...this automatically sends an update to all the schools you have applied to. I would think that would be the easiest/best way to notify them of your new letter

Okay, so today I got a email telling me to fulfill requirement before the orientation (have to fill out the essay). Problem is I am applying this cycle and not have an interview yet. I think they may have make a mistake. Should I contact them?

Okay, so today I got a email telling me to fulfill requirement before the orientation (have to fill out the essay). Problem is I am applying this cycle and not have an interview yet. I think they may have make a mistake. Should I contact them?

the orientation is for ms1 students matriculating this year. It's not applicable to us.

What do you think is the lowest mcat score that they will look at? I have a 3.5 GPA with lots of volunteering, shadowing, international trips and I'm currently a research assistant and working on a Masters degree. I sent in my secondary last cycle and never heard for an interview but I applied late (October) and was a SC resident. I'm not sure if that matters at all but now I'm a PA resident. And just submitted my application. Hopefully I'll get the secondary soon.

What do you think is the lowest mcat score that they will look at? I have a 3.5 GPA with lots of volunteering, shadowing, international trips and I'm currently a research assistant and working on a Masters degree. I sent in my secondary last cycle and never heard for an interview but I applied late (October) and was a SC resident. I'm not sure if that matters at all but now I'm a PA resident. And just submitted my application. Hopefully I'll get the secondary soon.
If i'm not mistaken they have a 500 cutoff.. could be wrong tho.

Did anyone NOT receive the orientation e-mail just out of curiosity?