2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really want to get an II here as well and have been waiting a few weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully! I'm doing my best to stay positive and be patient..it's still early.

P.S.-- I remember you from when we were both lurking on the MCAT forums. Glad to see you on the other side over here now ;)
Yeah! I'll be honest, it's much more enjoyable to spend time on these threads instead of the MCAT threads...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully! I'm doing my best to stay positive and be patient..it's still early.

P.S.-- I remember you from when we were both lurking on the MCAT forums. Glad to see you on the other side over here now ;)

LECOM interviews approximately a 1000 applicants throughout their campus. I am sure you are fine. They just take a while getting around

I just checked my email and I got a II at Bradenton!!! They said I should be getting an email soon.

Reactions: 5 users
I just checked my email and I got a II at Bradenton!!! They said I should be getting an email soon.
wow! awesome. I think their turn around is crazy fast. Any idea if they screen for secondaries? I submitted my primary to them 2 days ago, and got a secondary invite today! pretty impressed.

wow! awesome. I think their turn around is crazy fast. Any idea if they screen for secondaries? I submitted my primary to them 2 days ago, and got a secondary invite today! pretty impressed.
They do screen for secondaries but I think the only screen is if GPA and MCAT are above a certain range

Ughhhhh I'm going insane, I submitted my secondary to both LECOM Erie/SH and Bradenton on 07/03 and my status for Erie/SH is still "Under review" and Bradenton is just "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Ughhhhh I'm going insane, I submitted my secondary to both LECOM Erie/SH and Bradenton on 07/03 and my status for Erie/SH is still "Under review" and Bradenton is just "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." :(
SAME!

I had the same exact statuses when I checked last night at midnight lol. Stay positive!

I had the same exact statuses when I checked last night at midnight lol. Stay positive!.
Thank god lol. Did you see you had an interview via e-mail notification or did you just check the portal?

Gah I've been under review too since 7/3 for Erie campus and I'm going insane

Thank god lol. Did you see you had an interview via e-mail notification or did you just check the portal?..
Portal. It says "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance."

Portal. It says "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance."..
Where on the portal did that show up at?

Portal. It says "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance."..
Oh God.. Queue me refreshing my portal incessantly all day today

When they asked me why erie I think they meant why LECOM but I answered it as if they asked why Erie :(

When they asked me why erie I think they meant why LECOM but I answered it as if they asked why Erie :(

I'm sorry :( Other than that did it go well? Also, was this in a group setting?

Well that's not completely awful! It could be worse! How was the format? One on one? group?

I'm sorry :( Other than that did it go well? Also, was this in a group setting?

Well that's not completely awful! It could be worse! How was the format? One on one? group?

Hello! So the format is that you have 1 group interview, MMI format. And the 2 - 1 interview is optional, but everyone signs up for it. To be clear, that's 2 interviewers seeing you. It's also casual, as they only have 8 minutes to see you, 3 questions.

I think they are looking for a well rounded individual who is easy to collaborate with. I really liked this school, despite what everyone else said. The interview was fun and casual, but don't make the mistake of not dressing up super casual ;)

Hello! So the format is that you have 1 group interview, MMI format. And the 2 - 1 interview is optional, but everyone signs up for it. To be clear, that's 2 interviewers seeing you. It's also casual, as they only have 8 minutes to see you, 3 questions.

I think they are looking for a well rounded individual who is easy to collaborate with. I really liked this school, despite what everyone else said. The interview was fun and casual, but don't make the mistake of not dressing up super casual ;)
What do you mean by the group interview was MMI format? I though MMI was like speed dating, but just a bunch of solo interviews

What do you mean by the group interview was MMI format? I though MMI was like speed dating, but just a bunch of solo interviews

They ask you a scenario, and you need to discuss with your group to solve it

Finished interview; group interview (very discussion based) and individual interview of 8 minutes.

Last edited:
Fist time going through this application cycle/process. If you keep seeing the message "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." and I submitted secondary on 6/24. is it safe to assume that I will not be getting an II? and do they send out rejection emails?

Fist time going through this application cycle/process. If you keep seeing the message "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." and I submitted secondary on 6/24. is it safe to assume that I will not be getting an II? and do they send out rejection emails?
No, I had that message initially too.

Hmm.. I submitted on 7/3 and mine is saying "your application is under review". maybe it's safe to call them and confirm it? because the message you got is exactly what mine looked like initially.

For those of you who wish you had an interview already....I was browsing the LECOM website and I saw that they require a non-refundable $2,000 deposit due 30 days after notification of acceptance. Super grateful to have an interview, but kind of wishing it was later now! $2,000 is a lot to lose so early in the cycle...

For those of you who wish you had an interview already....I was browsing the LECOM website and I saw that they require a non-refundable $2,000 deposit due 30 days after notification of acceptance. Super grateful to have an interview, but kind of wishing it was later now! $2,000 is a lot to lose so early in the cycle...

I actually found out that you get to choose to be notified of their decision either October 1st or November 15th. So, the earliest acceptances they will send out is early October!