2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
INTERVIEW!!!! Oh my goodness this is my first interview and I couldn't be more excited!!

Received a text early this morning on my way in to work and scheduled for October 20th. There were dates from October 13th and on in my calendar. I just didn't want to have my interview on Friday the 13th lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When did you submit secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the cut-off for early decision is? I interview in late September

They just sent me a text saying my application is "under review." Is this a sign? *fingers crossed*

Oddly enough, the portal has been saying that for the past few weeks now.... Hmmm....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been under review for well over a month now.... Hopefully I wasn't silently rejected.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like all I've done since this cycle started is complain lol. Complain about no confirmation for some secondaries. Complain about silent rejections (possibly). Complain about flight prices for interviews I don't even have.

Reactions: 5 users
I hope not. I probably got rejected because I have had "under review" written for me for a while now.
I was under review for 2 months before I heard anything and I know it could have been much longer. Relax friends

Members don't see this ad :)
Does LECOM do silent rejections?
They silent rejected me 2 years ago. I applied to Erie and Bradenton. My Bradenton portal eventually changed to "You are not selected for an interview at this time." But my Erie portal never changed from "Your application is under review" to anything else.

Erie II this morning via e-mail/text.

Submitted secondary 8/4. Non-trad.

Golden State Warriors fan.

Congrats! OOS? Stats? I submitted the same day so now you have my hopes up that I may hear soon:)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

PM me

Last edited:
They silent rejected me 2 years ago. I applied to Erie and Bradenton. My Bradenton portal eventually changed to "You are not selected for an interview at this time." But my Erie portal never changed from "Your application is under review" to anything else.

Now I am worried

I was still able to log into my account before this cycle started, in March, and it still said "Under review" from the cycle 2 years ago lol

I wish they had the courtesy to tell you

Be sure to wear a Warriors T-shirt or hat if you fly into Cleveland! Haha!

Can anyone help out in ranking Erie vs. Seton Hill? I'm seriously so torn on which to go with. I feel like I might like the campus and area of Seton Hill better. I'm definitely interested in problem based learning. In undergrad, I studied in a similar way to PBL but obviously the courses themselves were traditional. That being said, the idea of committing somewhere with exclusively one teaching style is vaguely intimidating when there isn't clear info on what PBL is like day to day (that I can find). Any advice on which to rank first? I think I'd be happy at either, but I'm not sure entirely which I'd want more...I don't want to pick Seton Hill based exclusively on area.

Complete for Erie and Bradenton since 7/17 and no word. Should I just wait or should I call the admissions office? I feel like I should be doing something.

Complete for Erie and Bradenton since 7/17 and no word. Should I just wait or should I call the admissions office? I feel like I should be doing something.

I was wondering the same thing. I've been complete for over a month now. Haven't heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't contact them. It's way too early in the cycle.

I would just wait guys. I assumed I wasn't in the running here after not hearing anything for almost a month then got the interview invite. Super early still so be patient and good things will come!

I would just wait guys. I assumed I wasn't in the running here after not hearing anything for almost a month then got the interview invite. Super early still so be patient and good things will come!

This is still considered early?

This is still considered early?
You're joking.

Edit: Okay I'll bite. This is still very early lol. Less than half of MD interview invites have gone out, let alone DO.

Last edited:
You're joking.

Edit: Okay I'll bite. This is still very early lol. Less than half of MD interview invites have gone out, let alone DO.

Lol sorry for my stupid question. I am just seeing a lot of II, got my DO letter to delay me, and was planning to have everythng complete before July :(

I thought I was in the standard (not late) stage.

Lol sorry for my stupid question. I am just seeing a lot of II, got my DO letter to delay me, and was planning to have everythng complete before July :(

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk! No it's still so early. Keep your head up. Approximately 50% of interview slots for MD schools remain beginning in September, and the DO season is even longer.

It is still early do not worry at all, heck PCOM, one of the top DO schools has not even sent out a single II, and VCOM has not broken the silence either. Interviews will be going on for many months, if you have not heard by February then you can panic...but smile, take a breath, and stay strong, the IIs will start to come in soon :)

Reactions: 1 users

It is still early do not worry at all, heck PCOM, one of the top DO schools has not even sent out a single II, and VCOM has not broken the silence either. Interviews will be going on for many months, if you have not heard by February then you can panic...but smile, take a breath, and stay strong, the IIs will start to come in soon :)

Agreed. It seems scary because you're on SDN and you're hearing about people getting interviews, but it is actually a small fraction.

Personally, everyone I know who is in medical school now didn't get their first interview until the new year. Some only had one interview in the springtime and then got in.

Reactions: 4 users
Advice needed: So i got an email asking for an ACT score since my MCAT is not on file. I recently took the MCAT for the second time and do not think I did well (estimating a 40% percentile) , do you think it would be in my favor to give them my ACT? Thanks!

Advice needed: So i got an email asking for an ACT score since my MCAT is not on file. I recently took the MCAT for the second time and do not think I did well (estimating a 40% percentile) , do you think it would be in my favor to give them my ACT? Thanks!
Is your ACT score good?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Can anyone help out in ranking Erie vs. Seton Hill? I'm seriously so torn on which to go with. I feel like I might like the campus and area of Seton Hill better. I'm definitely interested in problem based learning. In undergrad, I studied in a similar way to PBL but obviously the courses themselves were traditional. That being said, the idea of committing somewhere with exclusively one teaching style is vaguely intimidating when there isn't clear info on what PBL is like day to day (that I can find). Any advice on which to rank first? I think I'd be happy at either, but I'm not sure entirely which I'd want more...I don't want to pick Seton Hill based exclusively on area.

OMS-IV from Seton Hill chiming in.

There are pros and cons to PBL. It's very what I like to call "choose your own adventure"-- it's very self-directed. It's important to know that while the PBL sessions are useful, you're ultimately tested on the reading ("Final Learning Issues"). Being tested on ~700 pages of reading every 4-6 weeks requires a LOT of self-directed study, which is great for some, but not for everyone. I liked it, but I know a few people who struggled with it and thought LDP would have been a better fit. LDP is a lot of lecture, which is rough for some, but gives a lot more direction, as well as frequent smaller exams vs. infrequent big ones.

Before anyone asks, I know next to nothing about DSP.

There's not a right or wrong answer, just be honest with yourself about what would be a good fit for you.

Giving them your ACT can't hurt, but chances are good they will want your MCAT eventually.

So I'm trying to plan my trip out to Erie for my interview in October before the flights skyrocket and I'm curious if any students or anyone from the area can give me any tips. What airport is the closest/shortest drive? I saw there is an Erie international airport but only three airlines fly out of it, making the flights kind of pricey even two months out. In my interview invite they also gave me the choice of visiting Seton Hill, so I'm guessing my interview at Erie counts for both campuses? Anyone know anything about that? Also, if I did decide to do the tour with Seton Hill which airport would be a good central point to be able to go to both campuses?

II this morning!! :soexcited: Before anyone asks my stats are 508, 3.5c, 3.4s URM completed on 8/4

Reactions: 1 users
OMS-IV from Seton Hill chiming in.

There are pros and cons to PBL. It's very what I like to call "choose your own adventure"-- it's very self-directed. It's important to know that while the PBL sessions are useful, you're ultimately tested on the reading ("Final Learning Issues"). Being tested on ~700 pages of reading every 4-6 weeks requires a LOT of self-directed study, which is great for some, but not for everyone. I liked it, but I know a few people who struggled with it and thought LDP would have been a better fit. LDP is a lot of lecture, which is rough for some, but gives a lot more direction, as well as frequent smaller exams vs. infrequent big ones.

Before anyone asks, I know next to nothing about DSP.

There's not a right or wrong answer, just be honest with yourself about what would be a good fit for you.

Giving them your ACT can't hurt, but chances are good they will want your MCAT eventually.

Thank you so much for your response! I'm a very self-directed studier any who, but I definitely like having some direction too. Thanks again for your insight :)