2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MCAT is on my application. I left the date taken for my ACT score blank because I had noooooooooo idea when it was. Any chance this delays my app?
Nope not at all. ACT/SAT info is really only pertinent if you do not have an MCAT score and plan on using their Academic Index thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the interview cut-off is to have your decision by October? I chose one of the later September spots because I will be in the area and figured I would save money, but want to do the early decision choice. Will they still be offering that to us in September or should I reschedule for the August 31st interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email Friday that said my MCAT was either 1) below 40th percentile, 2) not received yet or 3) I hadn't taken it yet. They said I could apply through AIS but not to do so if I have an MCAT score that is pending being sent. I have an MCAT score that is not below the 40th percentile and no school has had trouble with my scores being sent. They said to update them if I wanted another review of my app when my score was sent. Then 5 minutes later I received a secondary and completed it. I don't see anywhere on the portal to confirm that they got my MCAT score, though. Should I call and ask? or should I assume that since I got a secondary that they have my MCAT?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email Friday that said my MCAT was either 1) below 40th percentile, 2) not received yet or 3) I hadn't taken it yet. They said I could apply through AIS but not to do so if I have an MCAT score that is pending being sent. I have an MCAT score that is not below the 40th percentile and no school has had trouble with my scores being sent. They said to update them if I wanted another review of my app when my score was sent. Then 5 minutes later I received a secondary and completed it. I don't see anywhere on the portal to confirm that they got my MCAT score, though. Should I call and ask? or should I assume that since I got a secondary that they have my MCAT?
So your MCAT is loaded to your AACOMAS and isn't below the 40th percentile?

This has to be some kind of error. I would just call real quick! It was super easy to get ahold of admissions when I called a few days ago. I'm guessing they'll tell you this was an error.

This has to be some kind of error. I would just call real quick! It was super easy to get ahold of admissions when I called a few days ago. I'm guessing they'll tell you this was an error.
What phone number do you call? I keep trying the admissions coordinator's number and it always goes into voicemail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What phone number do you call? I keep trying the admissions coordinator's number and it always goes into voicemail.

This actually happened to me as well! I ended up calling the Seton Hill number. If you go to LECOM's homepage and scroll all the way down, in the bottom righthand corner there's a contact link. Click on that, click on College of Osteopathic Medicine on the next page, and then it will give numbers for each campus.

This was the same message I got after submitting, however I was waiting for my MCAT to post. After it did, about 4 days after submission, the website showed it without me calling them. Yours is a little different though so i would just call. They are super nice. I had to call for something else. I just called the main number and asked to be transferred to admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called the main number and asked to be transferred to admissions. Got an actual person first time.

Where can you see your list of items posted?

On mine there was a tab off the admissions section that said something like needed documents. But it disappeared once my application was complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who was completed July 26th or later get an II?

I take it that if you get an interview at Erie, then you don't get one at Seton Hill?

@kman58
Hey wanted to ask if you heard back from LECOM after submitting your secondary? I am a Canadian as well and still haven't even received a secondary yet!

Does anyone know how the PBL is at Erie compared to Bradenton? The faculty at the Bradenton campus during my interview sort of mentioned that their PBL was different.

Interviewing at Erie on Friday! Anyone have general advice?

Does anyone know how the PBL is at Erie compared to Bradenton? The faculty at the Bradenton campus during my interview sort of mentioned that their PBL was different.

I think they just meant that everybody has a slightly different way of doing the same thing, not that it was explicitly different in structure or application.

Interviewing at Erie on Friday! Anyone have general advice?

Make sure you give everyone an equal opportunity to speak in the group setting. It's like socratic seminar where you should be building off the other people in the group.

why do you say this?

Bradenton is currently having major issues with rotation sites. Seton Hill is still new so it's still a question to know how good they are doing. Erie is the most established and has the reputation to back themselves up.

Bradenton is currently having major issues with rotation sites. Seton Hill is still new so it's still a question to know how good they are doing. Erie is the most established and has the reputation to back themselves up.

Are the rotation sites still an issue? I knew they were in the past. Anything recent you saw?

Are the rotation sites still an issue? I knew they were in the past. Anything recent you saw?

Well I went back to last years thread and they were still talking about it so I am assuming its still a pretty big nuisance for their students. I am no expert on the matter though. It is actually something great to ask on interview day.

@kman58
Hey wanted to ask if you heard back from LECOM after submitting your secondary? I am a Canadian as well and still haven't even received a secondary yet!

Hey, after speaking with LECOM and getting my situation sorted out, I received my secondaries from B and E the same evening. I submitted that night and my status currently shows under review on my applicant portal. If you've received and submitted your secondaries then no stress, they're just probably reviewing still. If you haven't gotten a secondary yet, call admissions back and let them know whats up.

Hey, after speaking with LECOM and getting my situation sorted out, I received my secondaries from B and E the same evening. I submitted that night and my status currently shows under review on my applicant portal. If you've received and submitted your secondaries then no stress, they're just probably reviewing still. If you haven't gotten a secondary yet, call admissions back and let them know whats up.
Are you under review for B as well, or does it just show that your secondary has been received?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Are you under review for B as well, or does it just show that your secondary has been received?

I'm under review for Erie but only secondary received for Bradenton.

I PM'd someone on here from Bradenton a few weeks ago, and he/she said that rotations were still a nightmare but most (maybe all?) of the class ended up in FL. They said that some people didn't know for sure until May while students at the other campus knew by December the previous year.

Last edited:

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." <-B status
I called B and they said this means review on my app has begun and the next notification I received should regard II. Unless someone has an alternate claim on this.

That's what I'm at, too.

For me i was on secondary received for two weeks and checked the required letters and credits section and it said my MCAT wasnt sent it so I called them and right when they fixed that it changed to "your application has been processed and sent to the admissions comittee"

For me i was on secondary received for two weeks and checked the required letters and credits section and it said my MCAT wasnt sent it so I called them and right when they fixed that it changed to "your application has been processed and sent to the admissions comittee"
Are we supposed to send the letter before we have received an II? I thought they said to wait until you have been offered a II...

What does it show for you in that folder? Mine has nothing in it right now, but I'm applying with the AIS (not MCAT).

What does it show for you in that folder? Mine has nothing in it right now, but I'm applying with the AIS (not MCAT).

Letter is sent after Interview invite, but Im just saying there was a part of the app that said my MCAT wasnt sent in when it was and when they changed that my status changed to "your application has been processed and sent to the admissions comittee". I would just call them honestly in your case

I'm confused as to how my application is under review at the main LECOM but only received at Bradenton. I would think that the main campus receives more applications.

Thanks! When/if (which I hope you do) hear back for II, can you please post here and tag me? You are the only other Canadian I know who is waiting to hear back from LECOM. Thanks!

Did anyone receive an email from LECOM Bradenton stating they have processed your secondary application? Judging by last year's thread, the status remained "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made" right up until II's but didn't know if this was the case this year.

Letter is sent after Interview invite, but Im just saying there was a part of the app that said my MCAT wasnt sent in when it was and when they changed that my status changed to "your application has been processed and sent to the admissions comittee". I would just call them honestly in your case
They said I'm all good! Guess I just get to keep waiting...

At the interview day, they made it seem like it was more of an issue of miscommunication between them and the students then a real issue. Unfortunately, the student tour guides we all had we all second years, so I didn't get to ask the students what they thought.

The dean who told us it was a miscommunication addressed SDN and said it was an overreaction. Again, not sure since I didn't get to ask any students.

I submitted almost two weeks ago and haven't received a secondary. An admissions recruiter told me it takes them 4-6 weeks to receive our AACOMAS application but it seems like everyone got secondaries fairly quickly...hoping I get one!

I submitted almost two weeks ago and haven't received a secondary. An admissions recruiter told me it takes them 4-6 weeks to receive our AACOMAS application but it seems like everyone got secondaries fairly quickly...hoping I get one!
It really depends on when you applied and the volume of applications at that time. Be patient and you will get one

INTERVIEW!!!! Oh my goodness this is my first interview and I couldn't be more excited!!

Received a text early this morning on my way in to work and scheduled for October 20th. There were dates from October 13th and on in my calendar. I just didn't want to have my interview on Friday the 13th lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
INTERVIEW!!!! Oh my goodness this is my first interview and I couldn't be more excited!!

Received a text early this morning on my way in to work and scheduled for October 20th. There were dates from October 13th and on in my calendar. I just didn't want to have my interview on Friday the 13th lol.

stats?

My stats are honestly not anything special which makes me so happy to see they are holistic in their review! MCAT 500-503 and GPA 3.6-3.8 but I have tons of EC's and patient care experience.

Awesome congrats! Best of luck!

My stats are honestly not anything special which makes me so happy to see they are holistic in their review! MCAT 500-503 and GPA 3.6-3.8 but I have tons of EC's and patient care experience.

Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?