2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought I'd give this a try....

Anyone interviewing here August 11th??

I am flying in to Cleveland since flights to Erie are outrageous and considering taking a bus to Erie from there. If anyone wants to link up and split a hotel room cost or other travel expenses that'd be awesome as this process is very pricey!! PM if you are interested or know someone, also would be cool to meet one of ya'll out on the trail to medical school!
I'll be there Aug 11th!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you have a group interview? If so, how did that go? I can't find much information about this type of interview online =/
Thank you!
Sorry I just saw this! I saw some people answered a lil bit but if you send me a message I'll answer any further questions:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Seton Hill, Interview 8/15

Reactions: 1 user
I am interviewing at Seton Hill 9/1, I received the II 8/4

People who have interviewed. How did you get to LECOM at 8am. Was there a shuttle? or did you Uber

For the letters of rec, I have already obtained mine from 2 science professors. However, I didn't have portal access yet, so they didn't use the outline LECOM provides. Should I ask them to redo the letter?

For the letters of rec, I have already obtained mine from 2 science professors. However, I didn't have portal access yet, so they didn't use the outline LECOM provides. Should I ask them to redo the letter?

I wouldn't, from a personal stand point. Most LORs follow a set format, and LECOMs is pretty mush the same except the AACOMAS number and why osteopathic medicine parts. Your professors are probably familiar with the necessary elements. If they know you well, the letters should shine regardless.

I wouldn't, from a personal stand point. Most LORs follow a set format, and LECOMs is pretty mush the same except the AACOMAS number and why osteopathic medicine parts. Your professors are probably familiar with the necessary elements. If they know you well, the letters should shine regardless.
Ok, thanks! I was thinking I wasn't going to because it seems kinda strange to ask them again...

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted this morning! Now we wait..

I submitted my primary here 8/3... anyone know how long it takes to get a secondary?

I submitted 7/28 and received my secondary on 8/4.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Hopefully I get one tomorrow or Friday if it's the same turn around time

II to Seton Hill this morning! Is there a separate thread for that?

I don't know - excited either way!

Reactions: 3 users
when youre at the interview you decide if you want to find out your admissions decision on october 1(maybe 14?) or november 14th. very relaxed interviews
I don't understand this. Why would you opt to find out later?

@ophcardio422 On the form when they ask you which date you would like to be notified, it says that if you chose the later date then they will not look at your application until that time. So I think it puts you at a slight disadvantage to have to wait longer, but then again $1500 is a lot to put down at a school this early in the cycle

Randomly checked the portal and I got an II.
3.2 c/s undergrad GPA
3.8 grad GPA
511 MCAT
OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Could anyone give me an idea of about how long they waited from when they submitted their secondary to when they received II? Just trying to gauge the timeline here. Thank you!

Could anyone give me an idea of about how long they waited from when they submitted their secondary to when they received II? Just trying to gauge the timeline here. Thank you!

I submitted my secondary 7/14

Interviewing at Bradenton this Monday... Can't decide if I want to find out the decision in October or November! :confused:

Interviewing at Bradenton this Monday... Can't decide if I want to find out the decision in October or November! :confused:

Also interviewing Monday. Definitely gonna wait until November though because $1500 is a lot of $$$ and I have other interviews

II today!
OOS, 3.6c/3.4s GPA, 513 mcat. If anyone wants to catch a ride from NY/PA/NJ area, let me know. I haven't decided on an interview date yet..

II today!
OOS, 3.6c/3.4s GPA, 513 mcat. If anyone wants to catch a ride from NY/PA/NJ area, let me know. I haven't decided on an interview date yet..
Congrats! What day did you submit your secondary?

If anyone is traveling to Cleveland after tomorrow's interview or in that general direction that'd be fantastic.... Please PM if this is you!

secondary* Apologize for lack of clarification.
Not a problem! Thank you! It looks like they are taking about three weeks based off those of you who have received interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 07/03 and radio silence since. Not too worried about it though because I have 4 other II's right now but it'd be nice to at least hear something! Haha

Complete 07/03 and radio silence since. Not too worried about it though because I have 4 other II's right now but it'd be nice to at least hear something! Haha
Does you portal say under review or that your secondary has been received?

Congrats on the other interviews!

I'm wondering the same thing....also, is it possible to follow a thread without posting in it?

Mine was the same way initially. I think their system takes a while to sync the mcat score to your profile for some reason. I think it took a week for mine to show up as completed

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Does you portal say under review or that your secondary has been received?

Congrats on the other interviews!

Thanks! Yeah it's been marked as under review since about a week after I was complete (07/03) so basically since 07/10ish..

Also interviewing Monday. Definitely gonna wait until November though because $1500 is a lot of $$$ and I have other interviews
See you there!

I'm leaning towards November, although I have no other IIs yet since my committee letter was just uploaded today! Still, $1500 is so much...

This school seems to be sending out a ton of invites super early! Is it worth submitting a secondary at this point?

I post this every year since there tend to be a lot of questions on rotations.

I'm a fourth year now so my time is going to be limited with Step 2 and residency applications, but I'm happy to answer questions about life at LECOM. I can't answer questions about your chances of getting in or when you'll hear anything about your application or interview outcome.

Edit to add: tag me or quote me if you're asking me something-- I'm not going to be checking this thread regularly but I'm happy to help when and if I can.
Hi, I was wondering if LECOM have any community service opportunities for students, any free clinics? Or International opportunities? Thanks

It took me three days to get an interview but that was in June. I think that it will take longer now that we are further into the cycle.

MCAT is on my application. I left the date taken for my ACT score blank because I had noooooooooo idea when it was. Any chance this delays my app?