2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! Got an II for 9/15. I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know where the closest airport is?
What campus is your II at? And congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm interviewing this day as well, did you have a mistake in your reconfirm email that stated interview is Monday 23? Instead of Wednesday 23? See you there and have a great interview!
yeah thats definitely a mistake! I'll see you there on Wednesday!

Hello, current OMS-II at LECOM-B. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

For Interviewees: I have a guest bedroom/bathroom in my apartment 10 minutes from school at a good deal for those of you looking to save $$. Direct message me for more information and good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!! For those of you going to the 8/25 interview .... have you received any confirmation/follow-up this week?? I haven't received any follow up since they texted to confirm my interview a couple weeks ago...

Also, anyone have tips on how to prepare for this interview or what the interview is like??

Hey guys!! For those of you going to the 8/25 interview .... have you received any confirmation/follow-up this week?? I haven't received any follow up since they texted to confirm my interview a couple weeks ago...

Also, anyone have tips on how to prepare for this interview or what the interview is like??
The interview is pretty relaxed. They do it first thing to get it out of the way, so make sure you are prepared to go straight into an interview early in the morning.

First, they do a group interview. Basically, they put you in a group (on my interview day, they did groups of ~6) with 2 faculty members. They had us all introduce ourselves and then they posed questions to the group. We were supposed to discuss the questions amongst ourselves rather than address the faculty directly. It was supposed to assess how we would do in a PBL environment. It was good and my group clicked well, so we had a good conversation going.

After that, they do an MMI. This is one-on-one and is basically like 10 minutes long. First, there's a piece of paper with a prompt on it. It is an ethics-based question. They'll give you a few minutes to read it to yourself, and then you must respond to whatever the topic is. Then they'll ask you a couple of the generic questions like why osteopathic medicine, nothing too complicated. I had a few questions specific to my application, which was nice. After that, the rest of the day is the typical curriculum info sessions, campus tour, lunch, & financial aid session. Also, you're supposed to sit in on a PBL session, which you should be able to do at your interview date (on the 8/14 date, PBL classes hadn't started yet so we couldn't do this).

Overall, pretty chill interview day. Just be prepared to interact with your group members well!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks so much!!

Would you mind sharing how you personally prepared? What types of discussions did you guys have in the group & In your one on one interview?

What ethical topics, if any, did you revisit when preparing for the interview?

The interview is pretty relaxed. They do it first thing to get it out of the way, so make sure you are prepared to go straight into an interview early in the morning.

First, they do a group interview. Basically, they put you in a group (on my interview day, they did groups of ~6) with 2 faculty members. They had us all introduce ourselves and then they posed questions to the group. We were supposed to discuss the questions amongst ourselves rather than address the faculty directly. It was supposed to assess how we would do in a PBL environment. It was good and my group clicked well, so we had a good conversation going.

After that, they do an MMI. This is one-on-one and is basically like 10 minutes long. First, there's a piece of paper with a prompt on it. It is an ethics-based question. They'll give you a few minutes to read it to yourself, and then you must respond to whatever the topic is. Then they'll ask you a couple of the generic questions like why osteopathic medicine, nothing too complicated. I had a few questions specific to my application, which was nice. After that, the rest of the day is the typical curriculum info sessions, campus tour, lunch, & financial aid session. Also, you're supposed to sit in on a PBL session, which you should be able to do at your interview date (on the 8/14 date, PBL classes hadn't started yet so we couldn't do this).

Overall, pretty chill interview day. Just be prepared to interact with your group members well!

Hey guys. I got a II about a week ago when I was checking my status on the portal and went ahead and scheduled it. Since then I haven't gotten any confirmation, text, or even an email inviting me for an interview. Has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't receive a confirmation either. I emailed them and they said they sent it but I never got it. She said there was no new information though, so you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much!!

Would you mind sharing how you personally prepared? What types of discussions did you guys have in the group & In your one on one interview?

What ethical topics, if any, did you revisit when preparing for the interview?
I honestly did not do much prep, and I don't think it would help you so much in this sort of interview. The only prep I did was to have my responses to the popular interview questions prepared; I knew what I wanted to say for "why osteopathic medicine", "tell us a little about yourself", stuff like that.

There really is no prep for the group interview, because how you do all depends on your group members. You're supposed to bounce off of each other in conversation, so it's kind of hard to know what the other people will say ahead of time haha. The questions aren't anything difficult....the professors had a list of questions in front of them and they just picked ones to ask. They'll be easy questions like "tell us something significant you did", stuff like that. Again, can't really prep because the list of questions is so huge you have no idea which ones they'll choose to ask.

The one-on-one was a quick response to the ethics question for me...my interviewer didn't really delve further into the topic after I gave my response. Not sure if this means my answer was good enough that she didn't have any follow up questions or so bad that she didn't know how to continue the conversation haha. Again, can't really prep here. If anything, I would just make sure to keep basic medical principles in mind, like patient > everyone else and basic ethics. If you're a halfway decent person and use common sense, you can't really mess it up too bad. Again, there were a bunch of different questions, so there's no way to prepare for what you might get.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, it's a really laid-back interview! Just be yourself, relax, and prep some answers to the common interview questions. I'm sure you'll do great :)

I honestly did not do much prep, and I don't think it would help you so much in this sort of interview. The only prep I did was to have my responses to the popular interview questions prepared; I knew what I wanted to say for "why osteopathic medicine", "tell us a little about yourself", stuff like that.

There really is no prep for the group interview, because how you do all depends on your group members. You're supposed to bounce off of each other in conversation, so it's kind of hard to know what the other people will say ahead of time haha. The questions aren't anything difficult....the professors had a list of questions in front of them and they just picked ones to ask. They'll be easy questions like "tell us something significant you did", stuff like that. Again, can't really prep because the list of questions is so huge you have no idea which ones they'll choose to ask.

The one-on-one was a quick response to the ethics question for me...my interviewer didn't really delve further into the topic after I gave my response. Not sure if this means my answer was good enough that she didn't have any follow up questions or so bad that she didn't know how to continue the conversation haha. Again, can't really prep here. If anything, I would just make sure to keep basic medical principles in mind, like patient > everyone else and basic ethics. If you're a halfway decent person and use common sense, you can't really mess it up too bad. Again, there were a bunch of different questions, so there's no way to prepare for what you might get.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, it's a really laid-back interview! Just be yourself, relax, and prep some answers to the common interview questions. I'm sure you'll do great :)

This is really helpful. Any way you can share what your group questions were about?

This is really helpful. Any way you can share what your group questions were about?
My group only covered like, 2 questions because we discussed so much that we ran out of time. I know other groups, who I guess had less to say, got to more questions. The only one I remember is the "discuss a significant experience you had as an undergrad".

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview with a below average MCAT score. Was kind of shocked I got the II. If you receive an interview are your stats fine for the school or am I basically interviewing for the waitlist? I have work experience in health care/a decent amount of volunteer/research hours. Also a high gpa which I'm thinking might have offset the poor MCAT.

I got an interview with a below average MCAT score. Was kind of shocked I got the II. If you receive an interview are your stats fine for the school or am I basically interviewing for the waitlist? I have work experience in health care/a decent amount of volunteer/research hours. Also a high gpa which I'm thinking might have offset the poor MCAT.
Since it so early in the cycle, I would say that they are genuinely interested in you. How low is your MCAT?

What's everyone's opinion of having this status "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." for over a month? Waitlist material?

I have the same score! I haven't heard anything back yet though. My application status says its going to be sent over for review but its been that for over a month now. But good luck!!

What's everyone's opinion of having this status "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." for over a month? Waitlist material?
I was thinking the same thing. I even called and asked them and they said it's just a waiting game from here.

I have the same score! I haven't heard anything back yet though. My application status says its going to be sent over for review but its been that for over a month now. But good luck!!
Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon!!

I submitted my secondary on 7/7. 3.7 GPA and 506 MCAT. No update at all...Is that a sign that something is terribly wrong with my app? Not trying to be neurotic or anything :/ Just frustrated.

II! Nearing two months since secondary and FINALLY.

I submitted my secondary on 7/7. 3.7 GPA and 506 MCAT. No update at all...Is that a sign that something is terribly wrong with my app? Not trying to be neurotic or anything :/ Just frustrated.

I feel you, I submitted on 7/10 and still under review for Erie and my application hasn't even been reviewed at Bradenton yet.

Keep your head up! There are still 8 more months (September - April) of interviews ahead in the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you get an email?

Yup! Got one this afternoon.

Also, all Sept. and October dates are booked. :/ Only November++ available now. For folks that already scheduled - did you wait to see if dates opened up or did you book immediately??

Yup! Got one this afternoon.

Also, all Sept. and October dates are booked. :/ Only November++ available now. For folks that already scheduled - did you wait to see if dates opened up or did you book immediately??

I personally booked immediately to get the earliest date.

Status changed to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the admissions committee for further review..." Etc.
Same here. Anyone know approx. how long this stage takes?

Mine just changed to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made".
Oh man.....

Mine just changed to "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made".
Oh man.....
+1 here. I'm gonna look on the old threads and see what's good with this.

Looked all the way throught November in last cycle's thread, and there's no portal update that says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." Hopefully this is good news!

A few people in this thread had this status about a month or so ago. Some of them ended up getting rejections and others interviews! Could go either way I think.
Looks like around 7-12 days after this update is the sweet spot for notification either way.

Does anyone have anything in their folder for required letters and credits? Mine says that nothing has been received but everything I needed was on AACOMAS.

Looked all the way throught November in last cycle's thread, and there's no portal update that says "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." Hopefully this is good news!
Mine has been saying that for a couple weeks now :/

Does anyone have anything in their folder for required letters and credits? Mine says that nothing has been received but everything I needed was on AACOMAS.

How long has it been since you submitted the secondary? Sometimes it takes a while for them to update your course/letter requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I already interviewed here and mine still says nothing haha. I called though and they confirmed that they have everything, the people in admissions are very nice so you can definitely call if you're concerned. I think they're just not too good at updating the portal!

I already interviewed here and mine still says nothing haha. I called though and they confirmed that they have everything, the people in admissions are very nice so you can definitely call if you're concerned. I just think they're just not too good at updating the portal!

I interview here on Friday. Do you mind giving a brief summary of the interview portion? Any tricky questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interview here on Friday. Do you mind giving a brief summary of the interview portion? Any tricky questions?

No trick questions, just one ethics-based question.
I actually gave a really detailed response about the interview on the page before this one! I would copy/paste, but it's like 3 separate posts so I think it would be easier for you to just go back and read.

If you have any other questions after that, let me know :)

No trick questions, just one ethics-based question.
I actually gave a really detailed response about the interview on the page before this one! I would copy/paste, but it's like 3 separate posts so I think it would be easier for you to just go back and read.

If you have any other questions after that, let me know :)

Oh, awesome! Thanks for taking your time to write out a detailed response!

Any acceptances/waits/rejects for anyone yet?