2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected via snail mail yesterday
LizzyM= ~63

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Shoooot I'm sorry oh well, plenty of other.. med schools in the sea.. Haha. Did your portal status say anything along the lines of "The admissions committee has made a decision on your file. You will be notified in 30 days." ?? That's what mine says. Have a feeling I'll be receiving a rejection letter in the mail today.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah that's exactly what it said. Applied to the Seton Hill campus so we'll see how that works out

I received an email entitled Thanks for applying to LECOM. Did you receive a separate email for the secondary after this email?
I received that email with my own "personal" portal at discover.lecom as well. Idk what this means though

Members don't see this ad :)
They've made their decision without interviewing. Are they admitting without interviewing?

Bradenton is the ghetto, the patients are all Jersey types who relocated to the gulf coast, and although the school has some great profs, the admins side is a mess. I applied here, but its the lowest on my list (by far)
LECOM B has some of the best board scores in the country. Dont sleep on us over here

Reactions: 1 users
Got the letter today :D not surprised since I have the 30 days status for almost a month

Got the letter today :D not surprised since I have the 30 days status for almost a month

That is quite surprising. I was for sure you would get an interview. But alas cycle is not even nearly at its end

Got a letter saying I should apply to their masters program to increase my upper level sciences. I'm taking that as a rejection. 3.58 3.54 505

Reactions: 1 user
Got a letter saying I should apply to their masters program to increase my upper level sciences. I'm taking that as a rejection. 3.58 3.54 505
Don't take it as a rejection yet-- could just be marketing. Your stats are fine, so don't lose hope until you actually get notified of a rejection!

I got an interview with similar stats

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I just checked the portal and got the 30 day BS. I am 3.8 science, 4.0 grad, but 502 MCAT. I imagine they arent a fan of my MCAT oh well.

I just checked the portal and got the 30 day BS. I am 3.8 science, 4.0 grad, but 502 MCAT. I imagine they arent a fan of my MCAT oh well.

Is LECOM-Bradenton more strict than LECOM-Erie with the MCAT? I know Erie also takes into account your AIS

This was the only LECOM I have applied to. What is AIS?

It stands for "academic index score" and it is where they take into account your GPA, SAT/ACT scores. Based on their calculation, they give you an AIS score that if high enough can be taken into account instead of your MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
It stands for "academic index score" and it is where they take into account your GPA, SAT/ACT scores. Based on their calculation, they give you an AIS score that if high enough can be taken into account instead of your MCAT score.

Interesting. Well I took the SAT over 10 years ago so I prob wouldnt fall into that category:( I made 85th percentile on bio section so I figured my MCAT wouldnt be an issue but who knows.

Interesting. Well I took the SAT over 10 years ago so I prob wouldnt fall into that category:( I made 85th percentile on bio section so I figured my MCAT wouldnt be an issue but who knows.
When did you all complete ur apps? I still am under review and it has been like this for a while.

Rejected, even after my application states that I am retaking the MCAT August 11th. Ugh.

It was the "we will notify you in 30 days" message on the portal that people said they got before getting the rejection letter in the mail
Yep thats what I have. I retook the MCAT and improved my score but I guess they felt like pulling the trigger early.

Yep thats what I have. I retook the MCAT and improved my score but I guess they felt like pulling the trigger early.

So sorry to hear that! I guess it just wasn't meant to be for us! There are plenty of other great schools out there, good luck!

Did anyone else get an email from LECOM bradenton that they either didn't submit their MCAT or it was under 40th percentile...problem is that I'm looking at my official MCAT score on AACOMAS application and it is above the 40th percentile o_O

Did anyone else get an email from LECOM bradenton that they either didn't submit their MCAT or it was under 40th percentile...problem is that I'm looking at my official MCAT score on AACOMAS application and it is above the 40th percentile o_O

I would email them. They send out glitchy emails a lot.

LOL I just checked my portal and turns out I got an II. Check your portals everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Several people had this issue. Definitely contact them.

My secondary has been complete for over a month and my app for Bradington hasn't even gone into review. The one for Erie did go into review, but it's been sitting there for over a week now.

Is it possible that they are just stalling on purpose?

cGPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 510 (129,122,129,130)

otherwise, great app + strong LOR's

Don't take it as a rejection yet-- could just be marketing. Your stats are fine, so don't lose hope until you actually get notified of a rejection!

I got this same letter. It's a rejection. It says in the letter to apply to strengthen my credentials. At the end it also says thanks for applying, good luck to you in the future.

Definitely still not in contention for this school if you get this letter.

Good luck everyone else on this cycle!

My secondary has been complete for over a month and my app for Bradington hasn't even gone into review. The one for Erie did go into review, but it's been sitting there for over a week now.

Is it possible that they are just stalling on purpose?

cGPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 510 (129,122,129,130)

otherwise, great app + strong LOR's
Could be stalling, or just haven't gotten around to it yet. It's still super early, and your stats are awesome. Honestly, they might reject you because you're above average, and they'll yield-protect. Either way, I'm sure you'll end up at an awesome school with those stats!

I've noticed that people mention the AIS score, but nobody has been discussing it that much.
I applied recently and got the email that my mcat was below the 40% and to submit my SAT/ACT score. I did this and then I got the secondary link, filled it out and submitted it.
I have a cumulative GPA of 3.66 and a science GPA of 3.81. Tons of extra curriculars/volunteering and am even published. My mcat, however, is just very very low. Even though they have my AIS score, I wonder if they'll still look at the mcat and just send rejection. Has anyone else heard any good news about AIS?

How long after you submitted you primary did you get your portal information?

Not sure if you're responding to me or not, but pretty quickly.

Thanks! I was just asking anyone in general. I was verified 7/28, so I am just curious. Like you, I am applying with AIS. Hopefully we can find more information on how successful people have been with it:)

Last edited:
I'll be interviewing October 13th. Friday the 13th haha
Aw I'm interviewing August 14th. It would've been cool to meet but maybe another interview!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

"Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

This makes me nervous

To everyone who has an interview: Were you all able to obtain a letter of rec from a DO?

To everyone who has an interview: Were you all able to obtain a letter of rec from a DO?

It's okay if you don't have one. My friend didn't have one and she was accepted.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle :)

Anyone know what this status means? @Vin Diesel333 have you gotten anything in the mail yet?
I assume that it means you are an alternate to interview, like they may like you but want to keep you on hold while they interview other candidates first? I feel it could still go either direction. Just speculation though.

I got a similar letter from multiple campuses, including LECOM, and I received an interview a few weeks ago!

When I received my secondary from Erie, I went ahead and completed the Brandenton app too. I got an email from Brandenton about a week later saying I was invited to fill out a secondary. Does it cause a problem applying to both campuses before receiving an invite for the other?

When I received my secondary from Erie, I went ahead and completed the Brandenton app too. I got an email from Brandenton about a week later saying I was invited to fill out a secondary. Does it cause a problem applying to both campuses before receiving an invite for the other?

Nope it shouldn't!