2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that applied to both LECOM campuses:

I've only received the LECOM-Erie secondary notification. Is it okay to submit Bradenton as well, since it's open on the portal?

For those that applied to both LECOM campuses:

I've only received the LECOM-Erie secondary notification. Is it okay to submit Bradenton as well, since it's open on the portal?

That's what I got and did it anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay awesome, submitted to both LECOM programs now. Woo!

Good luck everyone!! I'm an FL resident so fingers crossed for this one.

applied for the 2018 cycle and got an email from Bradenton - "Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions would like to consider you for the class of 2017 and we’re anxious to learn more about you as soon as possible." Typo or no??

Members don't see this ad :)
applied for the 2018 cycle and got an email from Bradenton - "Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions would like to consider you for the class of 2017 and we’re anxious to learn more about you as soon as possible." Typo or no??

Mine said the same thing but when I went to submit the secondary there was only an option for the Bradenton campus.

Mine said the same thing but when I went to submit the secondary there was only an option for the Bradenton campus.

I was able to apply to both FL and PA. I just didn't know if they were considering me for the 2017 cycle... Seems like that would be strange if there are still people on the waitlist.

Ohhh, I see what you're saying. I didn't even notice that typo. I'm sure they just forgot to update their email template.
I was able to apply to both FL and PA. I just didn't know if they were considering me for the 2017 cycle... Seems like that would be strange if there are still people on the waitlist.

Can someone post the secondary questions please? Is it a questionaire like the Erie campus?

Secondary received 6/30, submitted 7/2.

I got an email saying I scored below their minimum 40th percentile on the mcat... I mean I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I def didn't bomb it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got an email saying I scored below their minimum 40th percentile on the mcat... I mean I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I def didn't bomb it

so why did they send the email? was it a pre II rejection?

Not at all, I scored a 506.

I find this a little worrisome since I also have a 506. Oh and I promise I'm not stalking you, it just seems like we're applying to the same schools.:angelic::)

None of my subsections were below 40th percentile either, they were pretty even across the sections.

I emailed them regarding this, so hopefully they'll get back to me. I mean LECOM Erie/Seton Hill gave me a secondary. Should be the same minimums right?

so why did they send the email? was it a pre II rejection?

They sent me the email to let me know that even though my MCAT was "below" their desired percentile, that they still take into account my SAT/ACT scores lol

None of my subsections were below 40th percentile either, they were pretty even across the sections.

I emailed them regarding this, so hopefully they'll get back to me. I mean LECOM Erie/Seton Hill gave me a secondary. Should be the same minimums right?
I got a secondary from both so yeah, I don't see how it makes sense for you not to. Also, I actually do have a subsection < 40th percentile lol

I find this a little worrisome since I also have a 506. Oh and I promise I'm not stalking you, it just seems like we're applying to the same schools.:angelic::)
We'll be school thread buddies in the months to come!

I got a secondary from both so yeah, I don't see how it makes sense for you not to. Also, I actually do have a subsection < 40th percentile lol
Bleh, I guess its still early, so I'm not gonna freak out just yet. Plus, Bradenton is ~3,127.9 mi away from me so I won't be too sad if I miss out, I suppose.

I am an incoming OMS1 at LECOM Bradenton and my highest MCAT score was 504 (the 2nd one was a bit lower).

Received secondary and submitted. No essays.

LOR are only required if you get an interview. Requirements are that of 2 sci professors with what reads as an optional DO letter? I'm going to email to clarify since one of my sci profs did not signed his and isn't exactly computer savvy. "The letter must include the following: Evaluator name, Rank or title, Address, Telephone number, Signature".

Honestly, it was the only school I was accepted at but I was drawn to it because of PBL.

Ok thanks! There is nothing wrong with your honesty! Once you graduate, you'll still be called Dr.
:clap:

Got my secondary here a few days ago, fingers crossed. Looks like Erie already started sending out interview invites. Did anyone else get like 5 secondary invites from here all at the same time? I think their email glitched or something.

Anyone have an idea when interview invites should be coming out?

Last year they came out on 07/01. So hopefully soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QU
I was thinking because they had a long holiday weekend they would be catching up and sending out invites soon. We will see though

Im still waiting on my secondary and you guys are already preparing for interview invites. o_O

Im still waiting on my secondary and you guys are already preparing for interview invites. o_O
I was thrown off guard when I got my II only 2 weeks after my secondary was processed last year. It was processed 8/23, invite was sent 9/7, and the interview was 9/16.

I was thrown off guard when I got my II only 2 weeks after my secondary was processed last year. It was processed 8/23, invite was sent 9/7, and the interview was 9/16.

How lucky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For everyone getting interviews, are they for the Bradenton campus?

For everyone getting interviews, are they for the Bradenton campus?

Nope, Erie only here.

In fact, I haven't even been marked as complete/under review at Bradenton after submitting 2 weeks ago or so.

Just received an II !! anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users