2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you reapplying this year because you didn't get verified early enough last year?

Haha no im saying you're fine if you haven't gotten verified yet! I got verified mid september and ended up with 10+ IIs so don't freak out you'll be golden

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha no im saying you're fine if you haven't gotten verified yet! I got verified mid september and ended up with 10+ IIs so don't freak out you'll be golden
Well that sounds good to hear! When should I start worrying (I submitted beginning of September)?

Not too bad, are there better options?

I rented a car for one day for $50 with budget! If uber is $25 to go one-way downtown then it might be something to consider.

EDIT: grammar, whoops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you 25+?

nope, I used USAA. Membership is free and they have rental car deals that waive the 25+ age fee. They also give discount prices with some rental car companies (Budget, Hertz, Avis, & Enterprise IIRC).

Anyone interviewing on 9/28 at 10:30am in Joplin?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing at Joplin in two weeks, flight is so expensive :(

Any recommendations for hotels?

How many interviewees are there on interview day?

Interviewing at Joplin in two weeks, flight is so expensive :(

Any recommendations for hotels?

Economy Inn and Suites is the best deal I found plus it's the only one in walking distance from the school, so that saves you money too.

First interview!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Economy Inn and Suites is the best deal I found plus it's the only one in walking distance from the school, so that saves you money too.

Reviews on google say people deal drugs at that inn so :x kinda worried about that one

Air bnb does exist here in Joplin, just so you guys know. Also, some students are trying to get some current student housing for interviewers to give a leg up on the school. Nothing official yet, but there is a lot of interest from students.

No interviews yet in Joplin either. We haven't even signed up to be ambassadors yet, that is on Friday.

Do you know what the turnaround time on a decision is after the interview?

They seem to really blast through the process, since everything up to this point was "21 days or you're out".

Do you know what the turnaround time on a decision is after the interview?

They seem to really blast through the process, since everything up to this point was "21 days or you're out".
They say up to 6 weeks usually. Around 3-4 weeks is normal.

Can someone tell me what the interview format is here? And what info they will have in front of them?

Can someone tell me what the interview format is here? And what info they will have in front of them?

1-1 or 2-1 faculty to student traditional interview. They normally have your secondary answers and are blinded to primary application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
1-1 or 2-1 faculty to student traditional interview. They normally have your secondary answers and are blinded to primary application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you say they are blinded to primary application but "secondary answers"....do you mean they have no access to/don't care about your GPA and MCAT scores as part of conversation?

If you say they are blinded to primary application but "secondary answers"....do you mean they have no access to/don't care about your GPA and MCAT scores as part of conversation?

Yes they want to see how you relate to people and answer questions. If you have an interview they already think you can do the academic work of medical school.

They don't have access to your scores to ensure bias doesn't occur during the interview.

Good luck to everybody interviewing at KC tomorrow on the 12th!

I'll be right behind you on the 13th!

Last edited:
Anyone staying at 816 Hotel? The shuttle is tomorrow at 9:30, which will be cutting it too close to the interview. So does anyone want to share an Uber/taxi tomorrow?

I'm at the 816 and I have a car if you want a ride!

Does anyone want to share an uber to the airport tomorrow after the interview?

Attachments

• IMG_3356.JPG
    IMG_3356.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 119
For those interviewing tomorrow please disregard the stressed out first years, we have an immuno final that was supposed to be today but had to be postponed because the servers were down due to the hurricane lollll :dead:

Last edited:
for those of you that interviewed today, can you provide some insight about the day? how did the interview go? which campus?

for those of you that interviewed today, can you provide some insight about the day? how did the interview go? which campus?
Definitely my least stressful interview so far!

As a fellow Student Ambassador, to all of you who interviewed today, it was wonderful to meet you all. A truly great group! If you all have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to message me or your Student Ambassador from your interview today!:) Hope you all had a great time!