2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! KC campus. Starting to get overwhelmed lol
Advice for any future applicants stalking this thread: it's tough being full time student, working, and interviewing all at once. Take a gap year, friends.

I think it makes your last year more exciting! I interviewed while during my last semester and it was one of the best times of college. Maybe I'm just strange

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has an interview spot <11/14 that they're going to cancel, could you message me and let me know when you do? I have an interview spot but it's really conflicting with my work schedule and I would be eternally grateful to be able to move my date up from my schedule date. I called in to see about a September spot but the admissions person I spoke to said cancellation spots fill up immediately.

Keep calling every week or two and ask them. I was able to move mine from February to December by doing so last year.

I think it makes your last year more exciting! I interviewed while during my last semester and it was one of the best times of college. Maybe I'm just strange
it's been fun just a lot! I guess it's contributing to time management skills!

Members don't see this ad :)
II! OOS applicant. I had to schedule it for 12/5 but this date conflicts with another commitment. If anyone ends up dropping an earlier interview date please message me I would be more than happy to take it!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
II, Canadian, complete yesterday lol (does this turn around time mean anything?)

Same here, did anyone else not have an option? Nothing popped up for me other than 12/5 @8:00am, was hoping to get something closer but beggers cant be choosers haha

Last edited:
I choose no preference in campus location in my primary so I have the option to interview 12/05 in KC or 10/27 in Joplin. Does the location where I interview affect the campus I would get admitted to? I know the email says that location does not affect my "decision" which I'm assuming means whether I get accepted or rejected, not necessarily the admitted campus.

Just wondering because an earlier interview would be better right? Since its rolling admissions.

Last edited:
Any of y'all going the 10/20 date? Flying out or staying for the Friday evening after?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are the stats for you guys getting the II?

Anyone having problems accessing the interview itinerary? All I'm getting is a DNS error.

II, LM 66, scheduled for KC campus 12/5. I was surprised that was the only one available. Didn't they just start giving out interviews not too long ago? Regardless, I'm really excited to interview here.

II, LM 66, scheduled for KC campus 12/5. I was surprised that was the only one available. Didn't they just start giving out interviews not too long ago? Regardless, I'm really excited to interview here.

.Are you scheduled for the 8:00am on 12/5 @kc? It was the only one available, right? Crazy how far out they are already booked lol

Keep calling every week or two and ask them. I was able to move mine from February to December by doing so last year.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that. I know you're a busy med student now so I appreciate you hanging around this thread and giving advice to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a II KC campus! I can't see any available interview dates though anyone else having problems?

Last edited:
II yesterday!!! I'm having the same issue with not being able to see interview dates

II yesterday!!! I'm having the same issue with not being able to see interview dates
damn. all you people getting interviews. i am still waiting to be verified. does that mean I'm screwed?

Fun fact, there have been 2,938 applicants at the time of this posting.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure how to proceed. Submitted my secondary August 17, I was emailed 8/23 that my file was missing letters of recommendation. I called and admissions informed me this is a normal email and if they were submitted with AACOMAS, they have them. On 9/5 I emailed them as I haven't yet heard anything with regard to being complete, still haven't gotten a reply. Keep waiting or call? This is the second issue I'm having with KCU with my application as well.

Not sure how to proceed. Submitted my secondary August 17, I was emailed 8/23 that my file was missing letters of recommendation. I called and admissions informed me this is a normal email and if they were submitted with AACOMAS, they have them. On 9/5 I emailed them as I haven't yet heard anything with regard to being complete, still haven't gotten a reply. Keep waiting or call? This is the second issue I'm having with KCU with my application as well.
I would just call.

I would just call.

I just didn't want to seem bothersome or annoying. It just seems strange because if I remember reading correctly, some people on here were complete the same day as submission!

I just didn't want to seem bothersome or annoying. It just seems strange because if I remember reading correctly, some people on here were complete the same day as submission!
I don't think your application would be looked upon negatively if you're actively making sure the requirements are met.

You have to keep calling them, they are not gonna remember you have issues... I had issue with payment for secondary and it took me four phone calls and three weeks to solve it.

Well I just got my rejection letter from this school, and I could not be any more heartbroken. I have gotten 2 rejections already, and no interview invites :(

Good luck to everyone else.

Well I just got my rejection letter from this school, and I could not be any more heartbroken. I have gotten 2 rejections already, and no interview invites :(

Stats?

Keep your head up! Interview season is not over and I'm sure you'll get an interview and acceptance somewhere! Best of luck to you :)

cGPA 3.20, sGPA 3.21, MCAT 502.

I had a cGPA of 3.44 and sGPA of 3.45 prior to the grade replacement policy change :( and I have 16 more applications being considered.

Still early in the process. Good luck with the rest of your apps. This is my third app cycle so I know how those rejections feel. Don't write this cycle off yet, though.

cGPA 3.20, sGPA 3.21, MCAT 502.

I had a cGPA of 3.44 and sGPA of 3.45 prior to the grade replacement policy change :( and I have 16 more applications being considered.
I can imagine how frustrating this must be but your fight isn't over. You have sixteen more chances.

I love how everyone is so supportive on the DO forums. Not to be that person, but it doesn't seem to be as supportive in the MD ones

Reactions: 3 users
I love how everyone is so supportive on the DO forums. Not to be that person, but it doesn't seem to be as supportive in the MD ones

I was literally just thinking that! Much more activity/support on this side of the apps

I was literally just thinking that! Much more activity/support on this side of the apps

just goes to show DO's and future DO's are more compassionate and caring individuals!

Don't be discouraged, I know rejection can be really hard. Last year was my 4th application cycle. 2 years of outright rejection and 1 year dying on the waitlist. Even if you don't make it this year (and it is still super early), you can always apply again with more experience.

I was a >3.8 cGPA and sGPA, >510 MCAT applicant and still had problems getting in. Last year I wasn't even interviewed at my in-state school. Things are just really competitive now.

Don't be discouraged, I know rejection can be really hard. Last year was my 4th application cycle. 2 years of outright rejection and 1 year dying on the waitlist. Even if you don't make it this year (and it is still super early), you can always apply again with more experience.

I was a >3.8 cGPA and sGPA, >510 MCAT applicant and still had problems getting in. Last year I wasn't even interviewed at my in-state school. Things are just really competitive now.

What would you recommend in terms of experience? I know it is too late to do an SMP, and I'm pretty sure it is too late to do a post-bacc. Should I study for that dreaded MCAT again?

What would you recommend in terms of experience? I know it is too late to do an SMP, and I'm pretty sure it is too late to do a post-bacc. Should I study for that dreaded MCAT again?

Retaking the MCAT could be good if you think you can get a better score this time around. I used the Kaplan Study books and found them to be very useful to review. I also completed a masters program (not SMP) related to the specialty I am most interested in. I don't know how much use it was in the application process, but I know it will be useful to me long term. I also got a job with a physician as a tech/scribe where I was able to work very closely with them and assist in some minor medical procedures. I'd say do something you are passionate about so you can share that passion with they schools you apply to. If you like helping kids, sign up as a mentor for a local organization or church. If you want to help the homeless, work with a local shelter. Medical experience is really important, but you also need to take the time to do things that bring out who you are as a person.

I had a friend who applied with similar stats, and he got rejected as well. BUT he did get an interview invite a couple weeks ago to another school, so keep your head up. I'm sure you'll get one! Good luck!

I had a friend who applied with similar stats, and he got rejected as well. BUT he did get an interview invite a couple weeks ago to another school, so keep your head up. I'm sure you'll get one! Good luck!

Thank you, coolbeans94! May I ask where your friend got his/her interview invite?

Congratulations on your interview invite, by the way! :)

Thank you, coolbeans94! May I ask where your friend got his/her interview invite?

Congratulations on your interview invite, by the way! :)
He got his II to the University of Iowa, which is in state for him.

Thanks!

First II just now. Scheduled on far 11/30.

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately, KC doesn’t have Lyft :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is Lyft in KC. I use it all time since they keep giving $10 coupons. There are def less drivers than Uber tho.

There is Lyft in KC. I use it all time since they keep giving $10 coupons. There are def less drivers than Uber tho.

You’re right. I guess they came “back” to KC after pulling out in 2014. Well, now there are more options. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't verified at this point last year. Don't worry too much about it just get cranking on those secondaries when you do get verified!
Are you reapplying this year because you didn't get verified early enough last year?