2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess it depends on who interviews you - whether you’ll talk about standard questions - why DO, etc. Sometimes, they might ask an ethics question (I didn’t). My interviewer and I talked about what we liked watching on Netflix.

As long as you can handle a normal conversation, you should be fine. Smile. Natural eye contact. Listen to your interviewer. Ask at least one question that shows specific interest in KCU (student ambassadors may be able to answer your questions too). Relax and share why you’d make an excellent doctor. If you have doubts about your interview skills, videotape yourself being interviewed by a colleague (someone who doesn’t know you that well). The hardest part has already happened. They chose you. Now show them who you are and what makes you you. You got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
3 weeks complete and silence. Now I'm getting nervous...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
3 weeks complete and silence. Now I'm getting nervous...

I'm with you friend! People with similar/lower stats are getting interviews though, and clearly you've racked up quite a bit of 'em, so I'm trying to be positive :sour:

Will a 499 mcat be screened out? Just read on their website that a 501 is minimum, but I believe someone on here got a II with a 499?

I'm with you friend! People with similar/lower stats are getting interviews though, and clearly you've racked up quite a bit of 'em, so I'm trying to be positive :sour:

There's never any rhyme or reason, sigh! I don't really have stellar stats so I'm not surprised considering how competitive KCU is. Hopefully my SMP GPA keeps me afloat. Stay positive! I picked KCU campus preference so I think that might be a reason for the delay. You?

There's never any rhyme or reason, sigh! I don't really have stellar stats so I'm not surprised considering how competitive KCU is. Hopefully my SMP GPA keeps me afloat. Stay positive! I picked KCU campus preference so I think that might be a reason for the delay. You?
I picked KC also, although I've seen several IIs trickle out to KC to those who have been complete after me & had lower stats, so who knows :shrug:

Will a 499 mcat be screened out? Just read on their website that a 501 is minimum, but I believe someone on here got a II with a 499?
They pre-screen pretty heavily, although people have been known to bypass those screens (I think someone on here bypassed the GPA screen, if I'm not mistaken). It's kind of your choice...it's a gamble: they could like other parts of your application and decide to send you a secondary anyways, or they might reject you flat out. You gotta decide if you wanna spend the $45 to find out!

They pre-screen pretty heavily, although people have been known to bypass those screens (I think someone on here bypassed the GPA screen, if I'm not mistaken). It's kind of your choice...it's a gamble: they could like other parts of your application and decide to send you a secondary anyways, or they might reject you flat out. You gotta decide if you wanna spend the $45 to find out!
I got a secondary and a complete email with my stats.

Just got II. I only put the Kansas campus as my preference and it seems they don't have any spots until 11/09... Anyone knows if we are able to push it earlier?

Just got II. I only put the Kansas campus as my preference and it seems they don't have any spots until 11/09... Anyone knows if we are able to push it earlier?

They don't have any more spots in October at Kansas City.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II as well for the Kansas City campus!

II in KC for 11/9!

Got an email for II today at Kansas City location! Scheduled for 11/14. Completed on 8/23. 503, 3.4cGPA, 3.5sGPA, also currently enrolled in a MS in biomedical science program.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all that just got IIs! Finished up our first standardized patient exam today and it really makes all the waiting and whatnot worth it so hang in there!

Reactions: 8 users
II this evening.

Any advice for travel or interview would be greatly apprecaited!

II this evening.

Any advice for travel or interview would be greatly apprecaited!

Best way to get to KC is to fly there. LOL!

Speak to your application when asked questions it really provides the "whole picture" to them when you can answer questions and relate them to why you put xyz on your secondary.

Don't be uptight. Us interview ambassadors are giving up a few hours to be with you and we seriously have no role in whether you get picked or not so just relax when around us.

Eat lunch. Our cafeteria does a pretty damn good job for food. If you interview on a Thursday we serve BBQ.

Reactions: 5 users
II! 11/16

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to open the itinerary PDF in the interview confirmation e-mail? I seem to be having issues.

Best way to get to KC is to fly there. LOL!

Speak to your application when asked questions it really provides the "whole picture" to them when you can answer questions and relate them to why you put xyz on your secondary.

Don't be uptight. Us interview ambassadors are giving up a few hours to be with you and we seriously have no role in whether you get picked or not so just relax when around us.

Eat lunch. Our cafeteria does a pretty damn good job for food. If you interview on a Thursday we serve BBQ.

I am interviewing thursday! nice. Thanks for the advice

Got an email for II today at Kansas City location! Scheduled for 11/14. Completed on 8/23. 503, 3.4cGPA, 3.5sGPA, also currently enrolled in a MS in biomedical science program.
Also scheduled for the 14th! See you there :)

Didn't check yesterday. Today, everyone has IIs. Congrats!

Have they started accepting students yet or do they wait until a certain date?

Have they started accepting students yet or do they wait until a certain date?

They don't wait till a certain date, but there have been no interviews yet, at least in KC.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No interviews yet in Joplin either. We haven't even signed up to be ambassadors yet, that is on Friday.

No interviews yet in Joplin either. We haven't even signed up to be ambassadors yet, that is on Friday.

Does it seem like the interview schedule is a little bit delayed this year? They are handing out interviews for mid November in early September. Seems odd comparing last years thread. They were handing out early October interviews in mid September last year.

I think you just answered your own question... Do it. Take the question out of your head and just go for it. I, for one, would hate to be left wondering

Current M1 here. As far as I know, if you have 2/3 requirements (which you do) you won’t get screened out. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update for applicants with similar situation and stats as mine. I have received a secondary while having my sGPA below their cutoff of 3.25. My application is under review at the moment. Small little steps lol.

II!!!!!!!! I just scheduled for 9/12.... I can't believe that early of a date was open. I'm so happy.

Reactions: 3 users
II!!!!!!!! I just scheduled for 9/12.... I can't believe that early of a date was open. I'm so happy.
Woah, how'd you get that date?? Everything that was available was in November.......maybe someone canceled?

Either way, congrats!!!!!! Glad we both made it to this point in the end :)

Woah, how'd you get that date?? Everything that was available was in November.......maybe someone canceled?

Either way, congrats!!!!!! Glad we both made it to this point in the end :)

I have no idea... all the dates were either November or December! I saw an afternoon date for 9/12 and almost thought it was wrong. Congrats to you!

II! KC campus. Starting to get overwhelmed lol
Advice for any future applicants stalking this thread: it's tough being full time student, working, and interviewing all at once. Take a gap year, friends.

Reactions: 6 users
II! OOS applicant. There still seems to be open spots for 9/13 then Nov&Dec. I also would love to hear more about the campus/city from current students!

If anyone has an interview spot <11/14 that they're going to cancel, could you message me and let me know when you do? I have an interview spot but it's really conflicting with my work schedule and I would be eternally grateful to be able to move my date up from my schedule date. I called in to see about a September spot but the admissions person I spoke to said cancellation spots fill up immediately.