2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got re-review status. Does GW do flat out, pre-II rejections? Or does everyone get a re-review before rejection?
When were you complete -- if I may ask. Also, to my knowledge no one (on here, at least) has gotten a reject.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, anyone have any advice on how to format an update about volunteer activities and employment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopping onboard that re-review train. :meh: At least it got looked at :laugh:

I just happened to look at my portal and saw that it had the re-review status on it, but I'm not sure when that happened. I didn't get an email or spam or anything telling me of an update, so I was wondering is that normal? Do I have to check the portal on my own or do you guys typically get a notification of some kind of change?

I just happened to look at my portal and saw that it had the re-review status on it, but I'm not sure when that happened. I didn't get an email or spam or anything telling me of an update, so I was wondering is that normal? Do I have to check the portal on my own or do you guys typically get a notification of some kind of change?
If you get interview they send email. If rereview it just shows up on portal

Also would like to know!
Overall great experience, interviews are completely blind so you get to direct the conversation...be prepared to talk about yourself and why you want to go to GW! No "difficult" questions, just talked about myself. Fun day and students/faculty were very nice.

Reactions: 4 users
Overall great experience, interviews are completely blind so you get to direct the conversation...be prepared to talk about yourself and why you want to go to GW! No "difficult" questions, just talked about myself. Fun day and students/faculty were very nice.
Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Status just updated to "Your file is under review." Has everyone with an II or re-review gotten this update too?

Reactions: 1 user
When were you complete?
8/12, I had everything completed a few days earlier but had to wait for their payment system to come back online before I could submit

8/12, I had everything completed a few days earlier but had to wait for their payment system to come back online before I could submit

Damn. Complete on 8/8 and still have the "Your file is now complete." Guess I gotta be more patient. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the info :) Question -- at what point during the day (9:15am-3:00pm) do the interviews take place? Just want to know what to expect, thanks!
Sure.
9:15 welcome and intro
9:45 presentations (curriculum, fin aid, etc)
10:25 tour
11:20 lunch with med students
12pm interview 1
1pm interview 2

Definitely true that it's a friendly interview. If you are coherent in your purpose, you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 3 users
Damn. Complete on 8/8 and still have the "Your file is now complete." Guess I gotta be more patient. Best of luck to you!

Yeah I'd really love to know the strategy schools have in choosing the order of apps they review, but thanks best of luck to you too!

Is it too late to submit a secondary to this school now?

Just say "your file is on hold for re-review" , does that mean my file is on hold or is it under rereview? sorry a little confused !

Just say "your file is on hold for re-review" , does that mean my file is on hold or is it under rereview? sorry a little confused !
it means your file is being put on hold and they will look at it again later sometime between now and april

Sure.
9:15 welcome and intro
9:45 presentations (curriculum, fin aid, etc)
10:25 tour
11:20 lunch with med students
12pm interview 1
1pm interview 2

Definitely true that it's a friendly interview. If you are coherent in your purpose, you have nothing to worry about.
That is such a relief. Thank you for the information!! <3 You are so kind!

Complete 7/25 and I'm still on "your application is complete." But other people complete on that date have already been re-reviewed so maybe that's a positive? :confused:

Joining the "on hold" crew. Submitted my app 7/28.

Just saw that I have the re-review status on my application portal

Status just updated to "Your file is under review." Has everyone with an II or re-review gotten this update too?

Just got an II for 10/19, complete 8/12. Some much needed good news after a long weekend in FL!

Reactions: 6 users
First II!!! Completed 7/28. GPA: 3.3, MCAT: 514

Reactions: 8 users
II on 9/12! Anybody scheduled for an interview 10/13? Where are y'all staying? Was wondering whether anybody wanna share some costs with airbnb/hotel. :)

Reactions: 1 users
II on 9/12! Anybody scheduled for an interview 10/13? Where are y'all staying? Was wondering whether anybody wanna share some costs with airbnb/hotel. :)
congrats! Around when were you complete at GW?

Congrats on the II! They offer a student host program if you're interested in cutting costs that way.

Has anyone who was on re-review gotten an II

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a II!

Question -- I was complete early August. There's been no update to my secondary (still have that baseline "all your materials have been submitted" message). Anyone have any information re: how admissions committees approach reviewing applications received?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a II!

Question -- I was complete early August. There's been no update to my secondary (still have that baseline "all your materials have been submitted" message). Anyone have any information re: how admissions committees approach reviewing applications received?

Idk, but I completed the secondary July 5 and just now today got an update that my app was placed on hold for re-review at a later date. That's like 10+ weeks..... I'm really just relieved to get word that somebody even looked at it! I can't even begin to guess how they stratify the many thousands of applications they get!

Reactions: 1 users