2017-2018 George Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have very average stats and have received an interview so im not sure how applicable this is at GW. My Stats are 510 and 3.63
My stats are a bit lower than that and I received an early II. So I think they are pretty holistic in their review.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone interviewed this cycle that would be willing to share? I have an interview coming up and am very nervous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed this cycle that would be willing to share? I have an interview coming up and am very nervous.
My advice: there is seriously no reason to be nervous. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable from the second you walk through the doors. The interviews feel more like a conversation. Make sure you know what your mission is as a future physician and sell yourself!

Here's something I sent to someone via PM about the interviews.

"I would say know the curriculum well. It's a new curriculum that they're very proud of. Things like the CAP, scholarly concentrations, and the focus on active learning is important.

You'll interview with a faculty member and a student. Both interviews are very laid back. You will be asked a variety of things, but the biggest focus was for me, who I was, how I got where I was, and why I want to go to gw.

One final note is to be confident and believe you deserve this. They give out a lot of interviews sure, but they're really careful to only interview people they think would fit into GW. Your grades and Mcat don't matter as much as your fit. A lot of my classmates weren't top students (and a lot were too), but all of my class loves GW and the city. It's clear admissions knows that they're doing. "

Reactions: 6 users
So friendly! Dont be nervous. Just relax and have fun! Its over before you know it.

My mom did her residency here but there wasn't a spot on the application for family relations to GWU. I was wondering if I should email them about it or if they don't really care too much about it because there wasn't a spot on the secondary...

Thank you. Received the secondary 7/1 and submitted 7/7.

3.62 GPA, 519 MCAT. I think it's worth noting that my ECs align well with Georgetown's mission.

did you receive an II for Georgetown or GW? this is the GW thread!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to interview this week (8/24-25) ? I will be visiting Washington DC for the first time and am staying there after my interview to explore, but I will be there alone ): . Is there a way to organize interviewees to go to the bars or something after our interviews?

Message me if you will be in Thurs for interviews and want to go out to bars later to destress. Tryna form a squad. Promise I am not large and scary, just look at my username.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone actually got rejected yet? I just got re-review but reading through this idk if they actually rejected anyone yet

Also sent an update two days ago and got re review now so maybe updates ups your place in a queue? Idk but it was relatively quick after I updated

Has anyone actually got rejected yet? I just got re-review but reading through this idk if they actually rejected anyone yet

Also sent an update two days ago and got re review now so maybe updates ups your place in a queue? Idk but it was relatively quick after I updated
Hmm, maybe I should try that. I was complete early to mid July and haven't heard anything, including being put on re-review.

Did you update through the portal or send in a letter via email? Thinking about sending one in since I've been on re-review from the get-go

Did you update through the portal or send in a letter via email? Thinking about sending one in since I've been on re-review from the get-go

I updated on the portal and they send an email confirming the update.

I graduated in 2016 and work full time so one update was that I'm enrolled in a drug chemistry course at night (and said I would update later in the cycle with grade), more volunteer hours, and then a book chapter that will be published as well as an abstract from an international conference that my name was on (didnt know this at submission with AMCAS)

No change in complete status yet. Submitted 7/19.

II today! Complete 7/21

Reactions: 5 users
Just got a re-review status today. Did anyone with re-review receive an II?

Just got a re-review status today. Did anyone with re-review receive an II?

Last year a bunch of people who got placed in re-review got IIs throughout September and October. GW also started rejecting people in October too.

My status changed to "Your file is under review" last night. Received an II today at 2pm! :) LizzyM ~72-73. Complete July 26.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I hope everyone who has labeled GW as their "dream school" is extended a seat in the 2018 class! Submitted my secondary in early August; I am so nervous!

Start of a new week! Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 6 users
Dang they liked what they saw!!
Thank you :) I know it's a closed interview, which should be interesting because I have never done such an interview before.

hope everyone else does well in the cycle!

Last edited:
Finally on re-review. At least I know they finally looked at my app...

Still no change in status (review or re-review). Complete since late July. This application process is definitely teaching me patience... :laugh:

Finally on re-review. At least I know they finally looked at my app...
Same. Nice to know my app didn't just fall through the cracks somewhere.

Actually I just logged into the portal and I've been put on re-review. I don't know when that happened--I didn't get an email about it. Last time I logged into the portal a week ago it didn't say re-review yet. I was complete 7/10.

II earlier today! Complete at the end of July, my status changed to "under review" a couple of days ago.

Actually I just logged into the portal and I've been put on re-review. I don't know when that happened--I didn't get an email about it. Last time I logged into the portal a week ago it didn't say re-review yet. I was complete 7/10.

Were you on hold prior to that?

hi! does anyone know when George Washington starts sending out acceptances? It doesn't stay in MSAR, and I know some schools will tell you within a few weeks from the interview, while others wait to give all acceptances until after January. Interviewing next week and just wondering about the time frame!

hi! does anyone know when George Washington starts sending out acceptances? It doesn't stay in MSAR, and I know some schools will tell you within a few weeks from the interview, while others wait to give all acceptances until after January. Interviewing next week and just wondering about the time frame!
By AAMC, the first day that you could be accepted is October 15, being a Sunday, it would probably be the 16. GW takes at least 6 weeks for an answer unless you interview in late March. I hope that helps.

Just checked status today after a week, joining the hold/re-review team. Hoping for some better news soon :)

they told us at our interview that they couldnt give us a time frame. On one of the sheets of papers they gave us said it could be up to 8 weeks from the interview

Placed on hold for re-review. Complete 8/2 with 511/3.61 with a strong upward trend. Kinda bummed but hopefully they show me some love later.

II just now!! Complete beginning of August, LizzyM 70. I noticed my status changed to "under review" yesterday

Complete 7/5 still re-review. Congrats to those with IIs! My neighbor went here and loved it!

Were you put on hold before or straight to review then II?
Don't think I was ever put on hold, I had the longer "file complete" message for a few weeks, then I checked yesterday and it was simply "Your file is under review."

II yesterday! Complete on July 5. My file never said "under review" - it always said it was "ready for review" and then BAM! Interview invite. I'm really excited about this school!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got re-review status. Does GW do flat out, pre-II rejections? Or does everyone get a re-review before rejection?