2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't received a secondary from here. Does anyone know what they look at when screening? My stats aren't that bad. sGPA and cGPA are both 3.5 and MCAT is 513 (130/127/129/127). I got the "primary under review" email on July 6th and nothing since.

Same here, but lower stats (~3.3 cgpa/3.2 sci and 510). No secondary...yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I was about to cry. I was in the 2016 thread and somehow thought this school was done interviewing lololol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ain-amp-039-t-nobody-got-time-for-that_o_1582005.jpg

When VCOM tells me it may take up to three months to complete my app.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! Do you mind telling us when you were complete and stats?

I was complete on 08/23 and received an II the next day, which was surprising. It's my first interview so I'm super excited!
IS, 3.9, 505

I was complete on 08/23 and received an II the next day, which was surprising. It's my first interview so I'm super excited!
IS, 3.9, 505

Okay very jealous about that 1 day wait for an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I received their "scheduled for review by committee which may take up to three months" email on August 3rd.

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I received their "scheduled for review by committee which may take up to three months" email on August 3rd.
Yes I'm still waiting...and I got that email at the end of June.

Reactions: 1 users
also have yet to receive a secondary. if I can finish TouroNY and sell enough plasma to make the application fee, VCOM will be my last one!

also have yet to receive a secondary. if I can finish TouroNY and sell enough plasma to make the application fee, VCOM will be my last one!
Their application fee is only $25 and you only have to pay once to apply to all three schools.

Their application fee is only $25 and you only have to pay once to apply to all three schools.

I believe the $25 fee was only for those who submitted their primaries early, and got their secondaries in early, too. I don't believe the $25 fee is being given out anymore, and it's back to $50

I believe the $25 fee was only for those who submitted their primaries early, and got their secondaries in early, too. I don't believe the $25 fee is being given out anymore, and it's back to $50
From my email, it looks like you get the discount as long as you submitted your primary before 9/15. See part of my email below:

"The secondary application processing fee is $50. However, I am pleased to inform you that our President has initiated a reduced application processing fee of $25 for applicants like yourself who submitted your AACOMAS application early and return the Secondary Application promptly. We want to encourage students to submit their materials early since we operate on a rolling admissions basis (see below) so please consider completing this application as soon as possible. IF YOU COMPLETE YOUR SECONDARY APPLICATION WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF RECEIPT OF THIS INVITATION YOUR SECONDARY PROCESSING FEE WILL BE $25 INSTEAD OF THE “NORMAL” $50 FEE. THIS APPLIES ONLY TO APPLICANTS, LIKE YOURSELF, WHO SUBMITTED THEIR AACOMAS APPLICATION PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 15 AND WHO RETURN THE VCOM SECONDARY PROMPTLY. Additionally, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to get your letters of recommendation and MCAT scores to us as soon as possible as your file needs to be complete for us to review it for the next stage."

From my email, it looks like you get the discount as long as you submitted your primary before 9/15. See part of my email below:

"The secondary application processing fee is $50. However, I am pleased to inform you that our President has initiated a reduced application processing fee of $25 for applicants like yourself who submitted your AACOMAS application early and return the Secondary Application promptly. We want to encourage students to submit their materials early since we operate on a rolling admissions basis (see below) so please consider completing this application as soon as possible. IF YOU COMPLETE YOUR SECONDARY APPLICATION WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF RECEIPT OF THIS INVITATION YOUR SECONDARY PROCESSING FEE WILL BE $25 INSTEAD OF THE “NORMAL” $50 FEE. THIS APPLIES ONLY TO APPLICANTS, LIKE YOURSELF, WHO SUBMITTED THEIR AACOMAS APPLICATION PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 15 AND WHO RETURN THE VCOM SECONDARY PROMPTLY. Additionally, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to get your letters of recommendation and MCAT scores to us as soon as possible as your file needs to be complete for us to review it for the next stage."

Ahh you're right!! I have that same exact email, guess I forgot about the Sept. 15th part:cool:

Submitted 7/17, just received a complete email now.

I applied last cycle, got waitlisted, and then was recently accepted for next year's class. I'm definitely accepting the offer and excited to meet you guys.

When y'all have your interview, just relax. They don't try to trip you up or stress you out. It's a conversation to get to know you. It was a good day. It's a beautiful campus.

And I know many of us here may have a tendency to get neurotic, but try not to because you'll just psych yourself out. If this is your first application cycle, you're probably in for a long year. So just relax.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied last cycle, got waitlisted, and then was recently accepted for next year's class. I'm definitely accepting the offer and excited to meet you guys.

When y'all have your interview, just relax. They don't try to trip you up or stress you out. It's a conversation to get to know you. It was a good day. It's a beautiful campus.

And I know many of us here may have a tendency to get neurotic, but try not to because you'll just psych yourself out. If this is your first application cycle, you're probably in for a long year. So just relax.
Congratulations on your acceptance! do you mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone who has been accepted in the past know the minimum VCOM accepts? MCAT? sGPA, cGPA? Any advice on interviews as well?

When was your interview if you mind me asking?

What are the stats of getting into this school? there is no specifics on the website

I am going to give them a call on Monday! I submitted everything by July 7th and heard nothing yet, not even a complete email!!

Just received the complete email! They said that they aren't interviewing for regular decision until early october and only early decision in early september. Anyone who didn't apply ED get an interview this september yet?

I submitted the first week of July (my secondary). It took forever lol

Application complete email today submitted in July and then accidentally submitted again in August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got application complete on 8/02. Still nothing back. This one is way too stressful.

I'm just curious, after how long after submitting your primary did you guys and gals receive a secondary? I submitted my primary early August, and I have yet to hear anything except that I got an email saying the review process could take 3 months. I've received secondaries from most other schools already.

I'm just curious, after how long after submitting your primary did you guys and gals receive a secondary? I submitted my primary early August, and I have yet to hear anything except that I got an email saying the review process could take 3 months. I've received secondaries from most other schools already.

Hm...I don't know the exact days but I do know it was less than a week. Submitted on 8/15 and complete email 8/22. I'm not really sure what kind of screening process they have though.

So I received an email from VCOM saying this:
"We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation."
Is this a nice way of rejecting pre secondary? Or do they actually review the apps before extending secondaries? I'm from west coast with no ties to the region. Just wondering.

I got the same email June 22. Silence since.

"We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation."
Is this a nice way of rejecting pre secondary? Or do they actually review the apps before extending secondaries? I'm from west coast with no ties to the region. Just wondering.
It sounds like they're just having a committee review to determine secondary send-outs for some. I don't think they would say "Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee." if it was a true rejection. I think they do review apps, but I got my secondary within a few days. It's possible they're reviewing more heavily/regularly now that it's a little later in the cycle.

I submitted primary September 13 and received my secondary the same day. I submitted the secondary yesterday and they emailed me today to tell me that all of the necessary documents have been received and they are reviewing my app for completion. The email was to initially inform me that my LORs weren't in, but I responded by telling them that they were a part of my AACOMAS app. After that, I was told by them that everything was together, just needed to be processed. So I am hoping this quick turn-around is good sign!

I submitted primary September 13 and received my secondary the same day. I submitted the secondary yesterday and they emailed me today to tell me that all of the necessary documents have been received and they are reviewing my app for completion. The email was to initially inform me that my LORs weren't in, but I responded by telling them that they were a part of my AACOMAS app. After that, I was told by them that everything was together, just needed to be processed. So I am hoping this quick turn-around is good sign!

Are you close to this region? It's weird because I meet all the criteria for the minimum requirements but they still haven't sent me a secondary. 3.5 GPA, 504 MCAT but I'm from California so that might be the reason. It might also be my low 3.3 sGPA.

Are you close to this region? It's weird because I meet all the criteria for the minimum requirements but they still haven't sent me a secondary. 3.5 GPA, 504 MCAT but I'm from California so that might be the reason. It might also be my low 3.3 sGPA.
I'm from AZ! Yay neighbors. I personally don't think 3.3 sGPA is low enough to be no-secondary worthy. I'd call if you pass the 2-3 week range from your primary.

I don't want to say the exact state, but I'm from a rural, underserved community in the south. And I have ~4000 hands on clinical hours as an ER tech + ~ 500 hrs as an EKG/Telemetry tech.

I'm from AZ! Yay neighbors. I personally don't think 3.3 sGPA is low enough to be no-secondary worthy. I'd call if you pass the 2-3 week range from your primary.
In their email they say it can take up to 3 months for the committee to decide if I can get a secondary lol. By that time the cycle will be almost over and I'd be interviewing for a waitlist haha.
I don't want to say the exact state, but I'm from a rural, underserved community in the south. And I have ~4000 hands on clinical hours as an ER tech + ~ 500 hrs as an EKG/Telemetry tech.
Yeah that might be it because I'm from a big city, as urban as can get and I heard VCOM has some regional bias. I shall wait and see.

In their email they say it can take up to 3 months for the committee to decide if I can get a secondary lol. By that time the cycle will be almost over and I'd be interviewing for a waitlist haha.

Yeah that might be it because I'm from a big city, as urban as can get and I heard VCOM has some regional bias. I shall wait and see.
Dang 3 months for a secondary?! That's ludicrous.

I got that same email in July. I took it as a soft rejection.

New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!