2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is that a science gpa cut off or a cgpa cut off?
Personally, if your science GPA is below the 3.2 cutoff you may want to be considering if this is the right time to be applying to medical school. Take a gap year and boost it so you not only meet the bare minimum but are competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

They ask about minor traffic tickets. Honestly why do some schools care about that...

Reactions: 1 users
The award for most badly designed secondary app definitely goes to this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going on almost 4 weeks after secondary submission and still no complete email. Anyone else waiting this long?

Reactions: 1 user
I got a secondary without submitting my MCAT scores (taking it in a week, my first time!)

So did things change this year for reviewing apps? I got an email saying they will start reviewing regular applicants in October?

I got the email a week ago which was I guess the complete email too. It said "We will begin reviewing completed applications in early August, 2017 and will schedule our first interviews for early decision applicants in mid-September, 2017 and for our general application pool in early-October, 2017. We will continue to interview into Spring, 2018. Once your application is reviewed, we will be certain to provide you with an update on your status."
So I guess the earliest interview for general applicants is October this year?

Hey all. I also emailed them this morning to ask about my app. They said that they received all my stuff but the committee wants to review everything thoroughly before sending me an official 'application complete' email. It could take potentially 2-3 months because of the amount of apps they have to go through. So hang tight, everyone!

Okay so when I called vcom-va campus they told me there was no reason for me to apply to three campuses since it is all under one system? Is this what other people have been told?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so when I called vcom-va campus they told me there was no reason for me to apply to three campuses since it is all under one system? Is this what other people have been told?

Yep, if only we all knew that before we applied to 3 and spent $45 on each campus :(

Yep, if only we all knew that before we applied to 3 and spent $45 on each campus :(
They definitely should make that more clear :/

So if we put our different preferences on the secondary could we get an interview at two different campuses or is it just one usually?

That part is still unclear to me.

I assume they probably would only extend one interview? I'm not sure though.

Edit: @tennisgurl

I got a secondary without submitting my MCAT scores (taking it in a week, my first time!)
Same here. It was a nice confidence boost as I keep studying (I take the MCAT in 3 weeks). It'll be a month for scores, then two weeks to release them to AACOMAS. Their secondary will give me something to do in that 6 week purgatory period (along with finding a DO to shadow as they're rare in my area).

Same here. It was a nice confidence boost as I keep studying (I take the MCAT in 3 weeks). It'll be a month for scores, then two weeks to release them to AACOMAS. Their secondary will give me something to do in that 6 week purgatory period (along with finding a DO to shadow as they're rare in my area).
I was so happy to get a secondary from them. They are my #1 choice (I'm from VA) I take mine in 2 weeks good luck! Also, I have a list of DOs from different states if you would like the list I could PM it to you, my school actually had a couple of DOs come visit and handed out a list of their practicing doctor in different states :)

Surprised I got a secondary since my science GPA is beneath the "cut-off"

Does anyone know if this school has an MCAT/percentile cut off? Campbell said their minimum MCAT is 500 or 50th percentile. Then I got denied presecondary because my score breakdown was 123/123/127/127. Waste of $195

Does anyone know if this school has an MCAT/percentile cut off? Campbell said their minimum MCAT is 500 or 50th percentile. Then I got denied presecondary because my score breakdown was 123/123/127/127. Waste of $195
that happened to me to! My GPA and Science GPA was way over their cutoff.

Is anyone having difficulty logging into the admissions portal? The site isn't even recognizing my login email to request a new password.

Is anyone having difficulty logging into the admissions portal? The site isn't even recognizing my login email to request a new password.

I was having trouble with this too. I think there are different sites for the secondary and for checking your status.

Towards the bottom of the email they sent it tell you how to login to check the status. (acomaas is the id and they provide a temp password )

Yeah, I had the same issue. I emailed them about it like a week or two ago and they said they were having issues with it and emailed me a working link and confirmed I was complete. I would email them and say it isn't working for you

They do not necessarily have a cut-off. I emailed admissions and they said as long as your score is a few points within 500 and you have a decent GPA and ECs to back it up, they will consider you. I got a secondary within a couple days after submitting my primary and I have a 497 mcat and 3.8 cGPA.

Am I the only one with no secondaries from here?

I got the secondary awhile ago, but their portal is awful

I'm feeling like they'll be giving me my first II. I can feel it in my bonessss

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when they started to send out interviews last year?

Anyone else not receive a complete email after over a month and get the bogus "could take up to 3 months" when you emailed and asked?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

that happened to me to! My GPA and Science GPA was way over their cutoff.
Yea, I wonder if they will be able to fill their class. The CUSOM feed already has people who are withdrawing their interviews bc of MD interviews.

Anyone else not receive a complete email after over a month and get the bogus "could take up to 3 months" when you emailed and asked?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Still no complete email but I haven't called. I'm assuming they're a little slower than some of the speedier schools.

Yea, I wonder if they will be able to fill their class. The CUSOM feed already has people who are withdrawing their interviews bc of MD interviews.
If that's the case, applying early probably bit me in the ass.

I met with Admissions at VA last spring and they were super nice. Their match list was great and it is a beautiful area.

Just received the official 'application complete' email! It said that if we're granted an interview, we will be notified via phone. I wish they'd notify folks via email, instead:(. Sometimes I don't trust these phones with receiving calls lol. I've had this issue in the past

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the email also said that they will be scheduling interviews for ED applications starting mid-September, and for general applicants in early October.

Just received the official 'application complete' email! It said that if we're granted an interview, we will be notified via phone. I wish they'd notify folks via email, instead:(. Sometimes I don't trust these phones with receiving calls lol. I've had this issue in the past

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the email also said that they will be scheduling interviews for ED applications starting mid-September, and for general applicants in early October.

+1. The email said they already starting reviewing applications in early August. I guess that's mainly for ED since no one has really heard much from them yet.

That can't be it because I got a secondary and my academic side isn't that hot

That can't be it because I got a secondary and my academic side isn't that hot

I guess they just didn't like me... But they could have sent me a secondary at least. I haven't been rejected pre-secondary from any of my MD schools.

I still haven't received a secondary from here. Does anyone know what they look at when screening? My stats aren't that bad. sGPA and cGPA are both 3.5 and MCAT is 513 (130/127/129/127). I got the "primary under review" email on July 6th and nothing since.