2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an email saying their primary application has been received?

Reactions: 1 user
I got it about 2:15 pm today. I wouldn't worry, I am sure it is coming! I submitted and was verified the day it releases to schools.
thank you...i also submitted the very first day as well. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

50% off VCOM secondaries for applying early! Thanks :D

If I want to apply to all of VCOM's campuses do I select one or all of them in my primary? I ask this because in previous years you could select one, and you'd be considered for all three.

FINALLY GOT THE SECONDARY! YAY!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I want to apply to all of VCOM's campuses do I select one or all of them in my primary? I ask this because in previous years you could select one, and you'd be considered for all three.

You apply to all of them because each one is considered it's own school.

Secondary received Wednesday around 2:00 PM. 50% off for being early is a pretty sweet deal considering you're already getting 3 secondaries for the price of one. My invitation came from a Virginia campus email address, is this the school they have delegated my primary application to? I know that we get to rank all three in the secondary, but I read somewhere that they go ahead and assign your best fit campus based on your primary application before your personal preference is taken into account.

Secondary received Wednesday around 2:00 PM. 50% off for being early is a pretty sweet deal considering you're already getting 3 secondaries for the price of one. My invitation came from a Virginia campus email address, is this the school they have delegated my primary application to? I know that we get to rank all three in the secondary, but I read somewhere that they go ahead and assign your best fit campus based on your primary application before your personal preference is taken into account.

If I'm not mistaken, everyone should receive the secondary invitation from the VA campus, as I believe that's the main one.

Are the secondaries all the same for all campuses?

did you check again if you can access them? I got it today and I will have to wait 48 hours. It will be nice to know the questions

You can log in. I got it today and was able to log in just fine.

Received my secondary today! So happy they offer the 50% discount with early submission of the secondary!

I got an email saying my primary application will undergo a committee review before they send me the secondary, is this normal? (I'm Canadian if that makes any difference)

I got an email saying my primary application will undergo a committee review before they send me the secondary, is this normal? (I'm Canadian if that makes any difference)
I got an exact same email and I'm not a Canadian, so there might be something else that they're taking into considerations here.

Can someone explain the campus ranking section of the secondary? Is this just for ranking where you want the interview to be conducted or ranking where you actually want to attend?

Also, I'm a bit confused because you can put "High" for all three of them. If you were ranking them, why wouldn't they set the options in the same manner they did for the specialty interest section?

Long time lurker here. How long did it take for your AACOMAS application to get verified? Looking to apply to VCOM just hoping my application gets verified ASAP.

Can someone explain the campus ranking section of the secondary? Is this just for ranking where you want the interview to be conducted or ranking where you actually want to attend?

Also, I'm a bit confused because you can put "High" for all three of them. If you were ranking them, why wouldn't they set the options in the same manner they did for the specialty interest section?

I also had a question about the ranking thing! I sent them an email asking about it, will let you guys know what they say as soon as they reply!

Reactions: 2 users

+1

What are the secondary essay questions?

1) Describe the top three reasons you have chosen osteopathic medicine as your professional choice in becoming a physician (Please use your own description and not one that widely describes the profession).

2) Professionalism and the ability to gain respect in the community in which you live is of utmost importance as you embark upon a career as a physician. What three professional qualities do you feel a Student Doctor must be able to demonstrate as he/or she makes the transition into the study and practice of medicine. How will you demonstrate those qualities as a medical student at VCOM?

3) Please describe a volunteer or service activity that played a large part in your decision to become a physician.

4) In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?

5) If you have not completed all the prerequisite coursework, please state how you intend on completing it prior to matriculation.

6) Have you had any lapse of 2 years or greater in taking full time college-level coursework?

I haven't received the secondary yet! How long did it take you guys after submitting your primary?

The ranking is basically your wish list for which campus you would like to attend. The campus at which you interview is the campus you would attend if accepted. I think that VCOM looks at your permanent address from your primary app to make a determination for your interview campus. I am sure that they you OWN ranking into account; however, I ranked the VA campus first and SC campus second last year...got an interview in South Carolina (NC resident). It is what it is, but you may be able to contact them after being offered an interview and request to change if you have a compelling reason.

Do you guys receive submission email after you submitted the secondary? I just only received the paypal notification of sending payment. When I log in the secondary, the submission button is still active, and I able to add/change information in the box, but I have the submission date. So I'm not sure what's happening.

"In the event you submitted an application to VCOM last year, what improvements have you made to your application?"

I submitted my AACOMAS primary to VCOM last year but not the secondary. Do I need to answer this question?

Do you guys receive submission email after you submitted the secondary? I just only received the paypal notification of sending payment. When I log in the secondary, the submission button is still active, and I able to add/change information in the box, but I have the submission date. So I'm not sure what's happening.

Same for me, so I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

So they got back to me and said to rank the schools if we have a preference, even if we only had our primary sent to one of their schools. But.... I'm still a little confused. So did we really, essentially, get a 'buy one get 2 free' type deal? Where we only paid the primary app fee for one of their schools, but we're still basically applying for all 3?

So they got back to me and said to rank the schools if we have a preference, even if we only had our primary sent to one of their schools. But.... I'm still a little confused. So did we really, essentially, get a 'buy one get 2 free' type deal? Where we only paid the primary app fee for one of their schools, but we're still basically applying for all 3?

Yes you are exactly right.

What? Are you serious? Why didn't they mention this anywhere? I wasted $90 on the primary applications for Auburn and Carolinas when I could have just applied to the Virginia one.

What? Are you serious? Why didn't they mention this anywhere? I wasted $90 on the primary applications for Auburn and Carolinas when I could have just applied to the Virginia one.

It doesn't say it anywhere. I only sent my primary to the VA campus last year and ended up getting accepted to Carolinas. Only reason I knew about not having to send primaries to each campus was looking through old threads on here and confirming with others from my undergrad who also applied.

i applied to the Auburn campus and have yet to hear back with a secondary, should i submit to the virginia campus?