2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Auburn Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I know on the VCOM website it says not all applicants who received a secondary will get an interview, but is your chances still high if you receive a secondary?

I know on the VCOM website it says not all applicants who received a secondary will get an interview, but is your chances still high if you receive a secondary?

Everyone gets a secondary. It isn't indicative of whether or not you will get an interview.

Everyone gets a secondary. It isn't indicative of whether or not you will get an interview.

That is false. Not everyone receives a secondary, at least according to their website

That is false. Not everyone receives a secondary, at least according to their website

Thanks dude. Was totally thinking about another school. However getting a secondary still doesn't mean you have a high chance of getting an interview right?

Thanks dude. Was totally thinking about another school. However getting a secondary still doesn't mean you have a high chance of getting an interview right?
From what I have read and from my experience, getting a secondary just means that you passed their pre-screen, meaning that you meet their minimum requirements for admission. Getting a secondary gives you the chance for an interview but does not guarantee an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have a DO or MD letter yet or any contact info I can put for one on the secondary. Should I still submit my VCOM secondary without the contact information or wait until I get a letter from a DO or MD to submit it?

II 9/7, scheduled for 9/20
anyone know how these interviews go? blind? open file?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the complete email this morning, hoping for an upcoming interview.

when were you complete? I am trying to figure out if i should contact them as well! Thanks!

Hey guys! I'm a first year student at VCOM-Auburn this year. As I was applying throughout last year, I would always wish that I had someone with first hand experiences to ask questions. VCOM is an awesome school with a great atmosphere with caring faculty and staff. Having the college within the Auburn University system makes it an even sweeter deal to attend VCOM-Auburn.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask, and I will try my best to answer thoroughly. If you have a more specific question that you'd wish to not be known to others (lol), please feel free to send me a message. Good luck this interview season!

Anyone know how many people they interview??

Hey guys! I'm a first year student at VCOM-Auburn this year. As I was applying throughout last year, I would always wish that I had someone with first hand experiences to ask questions. VCOM is an awesome school with a great atmosphere with caring faculty and staff. Having the college within the Auburn University system makes it an even sweeter deal to attend VCOM-Auburn.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask, and I will try my best to answer thoroughly. If you have a more specific question that you'd wish to not be known to others (lol), please feel free to send me a message. Good luck this interview season!

Did you apply early? When did you interview with VCOM?

Hey Otitis,

Thanks for offering your time and guidance. I have a question about the secondary application. I see they want the college and year of graduation for the physician writing my letter of recommendation - I got that. I am uncertain about what street address they want right below that. Do they want the college address my physician graduated from or the current address where he practices?

I have finished 20 secondaries and this is my last one so hopefuly will be able to submit it tonight!

Did you apply early? When did you interview with VCOM?

I submitted by primary application to VCOM during the summer, but I was not actually complete until late winter (i.e. February). I interviewed with VCOM early March.

Hey Otitis,

Thanks for offering your time and guidance. I have a question about the secondary application. I see they want the college and year of graduation for the physician writing my letter of recommendation - I got that. I am uncertain about what street address they want right below that. Do they want the college address my physician graduated from or the current address where he practices?

I have finished 20 secondaries and this is my last one so hopefuly will be able to submit it tonight!

If I remember correctly, I entered the address of the college my DO letter writer attended, rather than their office address. My DO didn't have a true office address as they do shift work at the hospital.

Either way, though, I can tell you that, that part of the application is so minuscule that I wouldn't even fret over it. If the admissions office finds an error, trust me, they will be in contact with you. They are very understanding and helpful people, definitely not the big bad wolf. If you want a solid answer, don't be afraid to give them a call or shoot them an email.

If I remember correctly, I entered the address of the college my DO letter writer attended, rather than their office address. My DO didn't have a true office address as they do shift work at the hospital.

Either way, though, I can tell you that, that part of the application is so minuscule that I wouldn't even fret over it. If the admissions office finds an error, trust me, they will be in contact with you. They are very understanding and helpful people, definitely not the big bad wolf. If you want a solid answer, don't be afraid to give them a call or shoot them an email.

Sounds good, I find it so odd that they want the medical school address. Really nice to know that they are helpful when contacted.

Do you guys know how many secondaries VCOM usually send out?

II just now. OOS, MCAT 501 (but retook recently for a 507), cGPA 3.88, sGPA 3.79. Complete 9/26. I'm still trying to figure out which date I want to interview on, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this school has to offer!

I was complete on 9/18. 508 with cGPA 3.99 and sGPA 4.0. I also live close to the school, so there may have been a regional preference as well.
Congrats, ur stats are great, U should be able to get into MD program too unless ur set for the DO.

any news for the people who interviewed on september 20th?

Anyone know when the committee meets? Starting to get anxious!!

Anyone know when the committee meets? Starting to get anxious!!

when I was at my interview on the 20th, one of the office assistants said she thought they were meeting the next Thursday, which was yesterday. not sure if this is correct tho but hoping it is. the wait is killer.

Hey guys! I'm interviewing here on Monday and wanted to know if anyone who has interviewed here yet could give info/advice on the interview day. Thanks!

Hey guys! I have an interview on 10/18 here and I was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed has any info on the day. Also is the interview close file or open?

II today! :D Will be interviewing on 10/19

Mind giving stats?

3.88 cGPA, 3.82 cGPA, scary low MCAT that I don't feel comfortable sharing lol
multiple research internships, several shadowing experiences, a few different leadership roles, some other stuff that I don't think it that important

Did anyone who interviewed here feel like one of their interviews was a "stress interview"? My first two went great and were super laid back but the last guy was drilling me the whole time, interrupting my answers with more questions, etc. Did anyone else experience this or was it just me?

Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anyone else that interviewed on 9/20 get an email today saying we should hear back within the next week about admittance decisions?

anyone else that interviewed on 9/20 get an email today saying we should hear back within the next week about admittance decisions?
Yep! Hope it's sooner rather than later.

I did, and it scared me because on interview day they said that they would send emails if you were rejected.