2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Today! OOS, non-URM, Traditional, LM 70-71 Complete 7/12

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II, LM: 71-72 , IS
Complete (7/15ish)

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning!
OOS, LM 71, complete 7/14
They have a bunch of dates available starting around mid September

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!! Complete 7/10. In-state.

II! Complete 8/7, impressively quick turnaround. Non-traditional OOS LM 68

II, nice! OOS, complete 07/10 LizzyM 68-71

Anyone have tips for this interview? Very excited, for sure

does Drexel still give an essay at the interview?

II! This morning. Complete 7/12, non URM. Traditional. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Earliest Interview dates are in mid/late sept

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon! Beyond excited to visit the campus! Secondary submitted July 11, II scheduled for Oct 9.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if Drexel offers a student host program

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if Drexel offers a student host program

In the past they have. Got an email not too long ago about student hosting so i am assuming they're bringing it back.

II, OOS, LGBT, Received 7/10 and completed 7/20. LM 67.

lol this is offensive. I think it's counted as URM at some schools (northwestern comes to mind). Certainly can't hurt.
By some definitions, I am sure being a member of the LGTBQ+ community would be considered "underrepresented in medicine."

And no, you "can't be gay for a little on paper." Quite offensive and insensitive.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on the II!
Does LGBT count as URM?

Thank you very much! :) Very excited for this interview season.

I have received varying answers on whether this will count as URM, but I guess it depends on how different adcoms want to see it and how you talk about your experience being LGBTQ+ in relation to your personal development, background, and/or interest in medicine, which I was able to do in my Work/Activities and secondaries.

I just like to put it down in my II posts on here to give any encouragement to onlookers out there about mentioning it in their app if it is truly meaningful to them, as it was something I was hesitant about even putting down a few months earlier. If it broke my chance for an II at some schools - oh well, there's still hope and a positive direction for more LGBTQ+ doctors in medicine as well as our allies!

Is the application website where you schedule your II down for anyone else?

Just wanted to add myself to the school thread and check on updates. Sent my secondary last week and crossing my fingers :D

Good luck to everyone applying and gratz on interview invites!

Just wanted to add myself to the school thread and check on updates. Sent my secondary last week and crossing my fingers :D

Good luck to everyone applying and gratz on interview invites!
did you end up using the optional essay as a diversity essay? on the fence on whether I should write anything at all in there.. it seems like a prompt for updates

did you end up using the optional essay as a diversity essay? on the fence on whether I should write anything at all in there.. it seems like a prompt for updates

I actually ended up leaving it blank when I submitted. It was one of my first schools I submitted to this cycle, and on hindsight I would consider adding a small "why DUCOM" or diversity essay if you don't have any glaring issues to address. But I've heard mixed things, and I doubt my application will be swayed either way.

Looks like they are making their way through the pile. Hopefully they reach late July/early August complete soon.

I actually ended up leaving it blank when I submitted. It was one of my first schools I submitted to this cycle, and on hindsight I would consider adding a small "why DUCOM" or diversity essay if you don't have any glaring issues to address. But I've heard mixed things, and I doubt my application will be swayed either way.
i personally havent added anything to when schools ask if there is anything you want to tell the school if its optional. if its optional i see it as something that most schools wont care if you put to increase your app with. if they wanted to know why ducom or diversity they would ask. and if they wont care and you put a why ducom or diversity essay it may come off as try hard. i just cant come to terms with looking like a try hard.

I can definitely relate. There are a couple of schools that don't necessarily require any essays (SLU, SKMC) and I would've just felt odd not sending anything to try and demonstrate my interest in the school. With schools that already give you 3+ essays, I didn't bother adding anything extra.

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for this program? How many applicants get interviewed? Thanks.

I can definitely relate. There are a couple of schools that don't necessarily require any essays (SLU, SKMC) and I would've just felt odd not sending anything to try and demonstrate my interest in the school. With schools that already give you 3+ essays, I didn't bother adding anything extra.
didnt write anything in SLU or SKMC either. again i think they asked if u had any additional comments beside the stuff u have on the amcas. which suggests that they are asking for any updated stuff u would have put on your amcas if u hadnt submitted. i think one of them put it really vague as do have any additional comments. which at that point you could write a why this school prompt. but even then the fact they ask u if u want to makes it so they cant judge everyone (those who write and those who dont) on the same standard. so they would have to throw out those why this school essays so they judge each applicant equally.

II OOS. LM 70. Complete probably mid July

does anyone happen to know what the essay is about?

does anyone happen to know what the essay is about?

Nothing strenuous or anything you should worry about. Usually an ethical dilemma like "what would you do if you caught a friend cheating" type of thing.

Nothing strenuous or anything you should worry about. Usually an ethical dilemma like "what would you do if you caught a friend cheating" type of thing.

That sounds like something to worry about lol. Thanks for the info tho!