2017-2018 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone still not have a green checkmark?

Is AMCAS having trouble sending them our committee letters, or LORS?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the complete email
even tho i submitted my secondary like 20 or so days ago
started with 'we are pleased to inform you' so i had a heart attack thinking it was a II

Reactions: 2 users
just got the complete email
even tho i submitted my secondary like 20 or so days ago
started with 'we are pleased to inform you' so i had a heart attack thinking it was a II
That's is me pretty much every time I get an email :sour::confused:

Reactions: 1 users
That's is me pretty much every time I get an email :sour::confused:

I work at a medical school now so I get like 3 emails a day with announcements that start with "SCHOOL OF MEDICINE" and I have a near heart attack. Not good for my health.

Reactions: 5 users
has anybody else still not gotten a secondary yet..?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, for the letters of recommendation, would they accept a letter from a MD as a substitute for a non-science faculty letter? I graduated college 2 years ago and it would be hard to find professors to write that letter for me.

Hey, for the letters of recommendation, would they accept a letter from a MD as a substitute for a non-science faculty letter? I graduated college 2 years ago and it would be hard to find professors to write that letter for me.
Just email them. I have done this for 3 schools because I also graduated a while ago. All have said yes it's fine. Honestly it seems like letters don't matter that much...

Just email them. I have done this for 3 schools because I also graduated a while ago. All have said yes it's fine. Honestly it seems like letters don't matter that much...
Yeah I went ahead and emailed them but posted here in case someone already found out.

Does anyone know when Drexel or any of the Pennsylvania schools start reviewing applications/sending out initial IIs?

worth applying here with 3.44/3.19 gpa/sgpa 519 MCAT and extensive research. OOS but i have a clinical reserach job in philly during my gap year

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they give out II even if you have not sent your LOR's to the school? I am waiting on my third letter but I have submitted the secondary.

worth applying here with 3.44/3.19 gpa/sgpa 519 MCAT and extensive research. OOS but i have a clinical reserach job in philly during my gap year

That is a killer mcat plus ties to Philly, I would definitely apply

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey applicants! I am a rising MS2 and will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Hey :) I am hoping to apply for the next cycle :) what are some things I should pay more attention to? When is he best time to start applying? Thanks!!

Can anyone familiar with the school help me out? This was under the accelerated programs sections but makes it sound like its requirements for all students. Are these really their admissions requirements?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 12.53.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 12.53.39 PM.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 220
Can anyone familiar with the school help me out? This was under the accelerated programs sections but makes it sound like its requirements for all students. Are these really their admissions requirements?
These seem more strict than the regular admissions requirements..

****, I hope not. So they're saying the minimum acceptable MCAT is a 511? Seems ungodly strict

****, I hope not. So they're saying the minimum acceptable MCAT is a 511? Seems ungodly strict
ya see thats what I'm sayin. And it couldn't be unbalanced either. Tried calling admissions but of course they closed at noon hah

ya see thats what I'm sayin. And it couldn't be unbalanced either. Tried calling admissions but of course they closed at noon hah
I think they're just for the accelerated track. If you look on MSAR they totalllly accepted people with varied/lower scores

I think they're just for the accelerated track. If you look on MSAR they totalllly accepted people with varied/lower scores
thats what I figured. just the "starting in 2018" kinda caught my attention

Is that not when the program starts? Im not familiar with it so :)
I was just saying the wording made it sound like starting with the 2018 acceptances those were their expectations

Hey applicants! I am a rising MS2 and will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Hi Ciestar, thanks for reaching out!! Would you know if Drexel is open to in-the-area emails? Thanks for your help :)

Has anyone not received a secondary yet? I was verified two weeks ago and this is the last school that I have not received one from.

Has anyone not received a secondary yet? I was verified two weeks ago and this is the last school that I have not received one from.

Try calling the school, I've read on threads that schools with automatic secondaries will send one if you call.

I called and they told me it was sent out on 7/10 but I never received it so they sent a new email out right away

Anyone get an II or rejected? I was complete 8/2

does this school send out a separate completion status email? or is our 'complete' the same as when we submit the secondary?

does this school send out a separate completion status email? or is our 'complete' the same as when we submit the secondary?
I received separate emails when I submitted and when I was complete

Sorry a bit late, Interview Invite yesterday morning! Complete 7/17

Reactions: 1 users
II just now :soexcited:. Submitted my app on 7/16.
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
Got an II today! completed 7/17

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
II today! Complete 7/9. Lizzy M~67. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Drexel has student hosting available?