2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know the average MCAT is 506, but should 508 be a decent shot for an out of state applicant? I know most accepted come from the surrounding states. I'm from GA, which is pretty far away

Members don't see this ad.

I know the average MCAT is 506, but should 508 be a decent shot for an out of state applicant? I know most accepted come from the surrounding states. I'm from GA, which is pretty far away

Got an II with MCAT lower than 508. GA applicant.

Does CCOM honor AACOMAS fee waiver, if yes, then do you just email them the waiver?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does CCOM honor AACOMAS fee waiver, if yes, then do you just email them the waiver?
Yep that's what I did. Got a check in the mail a few days ago. Took a while but they will refund you.

Yep that's what I did. Got a check in the mail a few days ago. Took a while but they will refund you.

So did you email them your waiver prior to submitting and paying your supplemental or after?

So did you email them your waiver prior to submitting and paying your supplemental or after?
After, but they still refunded the fee so you should be fine. Just send them the approved letter from AACOMAS

So I just have been doing some looking around and came across that approximately ~75% of CCOM Interviewees get accepted. Does anyone know if this is true. If so ppl who get II have great odds.

So I just have been doing some looking around and came across that approximately ~75% of CCOM Interviewees get accepted. Does anyone know if this is true. If so ppl who get II have great odds.

CCOM interviews about 600 applicants and accepts ~400 for a class size of ~200.

Is everyone else getting emails from this school, hyping what they have to offer every morning at around 01:30AM? aja I always wake up to a MWU-CCOM email and hope it's that II but instead it's "Why Consider Midwestern University, Answer: We're Awesome."

Is everyone else getting emails from this school, hyping what they have to offer every morning at around 01:30AM? aja I always wake up to a MWU-CCOM email and hope it's that II but instead it's "Why Consider Midwestern University, Answer: We're Awesome."

The only emails I've gotten have been the secondary and my application complete email. Did you by chance sign up for a mailing list?

The only emails I've gotten have been the secondary and my application complete email. Did you by chance sign up for a mailing list?
Ohhh good question. I didn't sign up for a mailing list, at least not consciously. I did get the secondary and application complete emails though late last week, though, and at the same ungodly hour in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys put hours for activities on the CV? It would be kind of goofy to do on a real one, but maybe it's appropriate on here. Prefer not to as it changes every week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you guys put hours for activities on the CV? It would be kind of goofy to do on a real one, but maybe it's appropriate on here. Prefer not to as it changes every week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I did not. But then again I have no II from here...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I did not. But then again I have no II from here...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I did not and received II. It's a CV/resume. Most people don't usually list that on their CV/resume.

Do you guys know if the character count is with or without spaces?

Anyone else with IIs figure out where they are staying yet? Hotels with shuttles are pretty pricey based on my calls/research and I'm not sure what the uber situation in the area is

Anyone else with IIs figure out where they are staying yet? Hotels with shuttles are pretty pricey based on my calls/research and I'm not sure what the uber situation in the area is
I haven't figured out shuttles yet, but I book a room at Westin about 2 miles away for $60.

I rented a car for about $70 when I booked my airline ticket.

I wonder why I didn't get an II. My GPA is 3.84 with 506 MCAT. I have strong ECs, a publication, etc. Guess I'll just wait and hope!

Be patient. It's very early. Also, this game is competitive as is so you may think you're amazing but there might be 10 others more amazing than you

Reactions: 3 users
if i need to let the school know that one of my science courses was a lab and lecture , aacomas messed it up...how do you think i should go about letting them know?

Has anyone called or emailed to let them know a letter has been uploaded? The portal says to allow up to two weeks for processing of documents but if they have already tried once and it wasn't there will they try again without me prompting them to? Anyone have this experience and had them update your letters after submitting?

For CCOM, where are the clinical rotations usually done? Do you have to travel far for them or are they close by?

For CCOM, where are the clinical rotations usually done? Do you have to travel far for them or are they close by?
Chicago and Chicagoland hospitals. Some a closer than others but rotations definitely require a car.

Examples:
Stroger
Advocate Lutheran General
St James Franciscan
Advocate Christ
MacNeal
Swedish covenant
Advocate Trinity
And more

should I give up hope on this school since I haven't gotten an II from here yet?

should I give up hope on this school since I haven't gotten an II from here yet?
Are you kidding...?
It is SUPER EARLY still! There are people who have not even started applications yet, so chill out, take a breath, and buckle up -- it is a long ride with many more months left in this process!!

Reactions: 3 users
Chicago and Chicagoland hospitals. Some a closer than others but rotations definitely require a car.

Examples:
Stroger
Advocate Lutheran General
St James Franciscan
Advocate Christ
MacNeal
Swedish covenant
Advocate Trinity
And more

Thank you!

Just checking in!

Completed secondary 7/6, hoping to get an II! I love the Chicago area :)

OOS, GPA 3.71, MCAT 506

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted last year, decided to go elsewhere. Very impressed - shoot me interview questions if you'd like

How do you like the school/program so far? Any pros/cons? Was this your first choice med school?
This was my top choice school. As far as Osteopathic schools go, CCOM's history and reputation puts it in the top few. The program is great, but like any other school, there can be some improvement. We use the quarter system with each week being dedicated to a symptom. The didactic faculty are more than happy to take time out of their day to speak with us, whether it's clarification of lecture material or just casual conversation. The school does a great job of bringing in well established practicing clinicians to instruct when lecture has to do with their field of practice.

This was my top choice school. As far as Osteopathic schools go, CCOM's history and reputation puts it in the top few.

Thanks so much for the reply :) Yes CCOM was one of the first schools I applied to, and I would absolutely love to go here! Their reputation sounded great from what I could find online, and I'm really glad to hear the same thing from a current student.

I feel like we are going to get another wave of IIs shortly, they have been quiet for over 2 weeks

Submitting my secondary today. One awesome thing about CCOM is that I can commute very easily lol

I got waitlisted at MWU AZCOM. But when I was rejected from RVU-CO, I was only notified for Colorado, later to find out in the portal that I was also rejected from Utah's campus. Am I also waitlisted from CCOM without being told like RVU did?