2017-2018 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi I'm interviewing September 29th. Anyone wanna split the cost of a hotel room with me that has two queen sized beds? If so, PM me for more details :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they will review an application without having CASPer results? I just took mine last week..

Hi I'm interviewing September 29th. Anyone wanna split the cost of a hotel room with me that has two queen sized beds? If so, PM me for more details :)

Kinda wish I had a car to share with someone to drive to Mt.Pleasant for the 29th interview. Going to be a lot renting one on my own :/ but its whatever

Hey guys so I just added this school to my list a couple days ago and just received the secondary. However, I didn't realize they require the Casper test and am hesitant to sign up for it seeing as the next available date is Oct 19 and that would be a late complete date for my application (since they won't review it until they receive the Casper test). Do you guys think it would be worth it to do the Casper test if I wouldn't be complete until late October? Seems like a long shot and I am contemplating not submitting the secondary for that very reason.

II! First one, I'm so excited :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just a quick question, I haven't really found it scrolling through the pages. But for the people that have the "App is complete but an interview decision is pending" (paraphrased), do you also have the next 3 fields of II, Interview Scheduled, Interview Completed?

Just a quick question, I haven't really found it scrolling through the pages. But for the people that have the "App is complete but an interview decision is pending" (paraphrased), do you also have the next 3 fields of II, Interview Scheduled, Interview Completed?
Yeah, I had that whole section from the very beginning.

II!!! I was notified this morning through email. I was complete in 7/27/17. My app was ready to be reviewed on 8/21 and completed review around 8/28.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LizzyM 68. IS and Complete 8/1. Been pending interview decision for a few days now.

II

Lizzy M 69, 3.8/511, ORM, In state

Good luck my homies!

To our SDN friends that received interviews last week, would you mind sharing your experience and overall impression of the school?
Congratulations to everyone who has an interview!

Hey everyone!

Is anyone going to be interviewing on 8/6 and want to carpool/split the cost of a drive up to CMU from Detroit's airport?

Is there any info floating around on the post-interview acceptance rates?

Is it worth calling the school if I'm still not under review and have been complete since 8/11?

It just went from under review to review complete + decision pending. Does anyone know how long it takes to get some sort of decision?

Have you checked out MSAR? They should have really good unbiased stats for both instate and out of state.
Yes, but MSAR only lists those who matriculated so I was curious how the number of acceptances compared.

I am in shock!!! II :) Anyone know the interview:acceptance ratio?

Reactions: 4 users
still waiting to be under review :( complete 8/25

:biglove:Finally under review!!! Complete 8/9

Reactions: 2 users
for anyone that interviewed Sept 22, I can't recall what day they said we could have an offer by. Anyone remember?

It just went from under review to review complete + decision pending. Does anyone know how long it takes to get some sort of decision?

Would also like to know - is this an "old hold" sentence?

Would also like to know - is this an "old hold" sentence?
I am pretty sure all applicants pass through this stage before an official decision is made (interview vs rejection), so I don't think it is a negative sign. Some people have gotten interview invites just weeks afterwards in previous years, while others end up stuck in this phase pretty much all cycle. I have had this status for awhile now

for anyone that interviewed Sept 22, I can't recall what day they said we could have an offer by. Anyone remember?
It would be October 15th cause that’s the earliest date available!!

^retweet, I think it looked like 2-3 weeks from what I saw scrolling thru quick but...

^retweet, I think it looked like 2-3 weeks from what I saw scrolling thru quick but...
Just looked back through my notes and I had the "pending decision" status for 6 weeks before my II.

Is anyone else's portal link not working?

Hey all, I'm a current CMed student (just finished M1, headed to M2 in August). If anyone has any questions about the school, curriculum, the town, or anything else please ask away. I may not be as helpful with specific application questions, however.

Best wishes to everyone applying this year!!

Could you share with us what a weekly schedule look like? I live about 2 hours away from CMU and was wondering how often I would be able to go home. Does the curriculum lend itself remote learning, or do they basically expect you to be in class M-F 9-5? Thanks!

Could you share with us what a weekly schedule look like? I live about 2 hours away from CMU and was wondering how often I would be able to go home. Does the curriculum lend itself remote learning, or do they basically expect you to be in class M-F 9-5? Thanks!

Hey! So, we have a couple people commuting from places like GR and Lansing, but it really isn't recommended unless you are sure you can handle the workload with the loss of study time. My family is about 2.5 hours away, as a non traditional I don't get to go home very often as I need to study quite a lot, yet I know of other students who drive to Battle Creek every or every other weekend, and they are fine.

Honestly, you will most likely need to be at school every day during the week, some for half days, some for whole days. There are times during the week you'll need to be at school 8-5 because of classes, group work, lab or clinical skills. My schedule is basically half days M/W/F, and full days T/Th, with variations depending on other assignments or clinical skills things I also need to do. You can watch the lecture recordings, but the group activities are required attendance (and they generally occur nearly every day).

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone! A little late to the party, but I’m a current M1. More than happy to answer any questions you might have. Best of luck to those applying and to those who will be hearing back soon! :)