2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I am an M1 at Case. Congrats for those who have already received interviews, and don't worry if you haven't yet, there's still time! I got my interview invite in early October and know people who interviewed well beyond that so don't give up hope yet! Feel free to message me if you have any general questions about the school or interview day! Good luck with the whole process, I know how much it sucks waiting and not knowing whether you're in or not, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Reactions: 11 users
Just threw my app in out there today to see if anything will stick. 505->511/3.61c (upward trend of 3.8+ last 2 years)/ORM/LGBT. Just started my research assistant job so I wanted to wait so I could actually write in the research question a bit. IS and from NE Ohio with shadowing at CC so hopefully I will see a lil love, tho not expecting much.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well it looks like you are super competitive so I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks -- I do appreciate the reassurance. However I'm in a weird situation where my GPA and MCAT are wildly unbalanced and I am concernicus that my high MCAT score won't weigh as heavily as I initially thought

Rejected this morning from the University program. Nothing back yet from the Lerner College program.

I'VE PEAKED IN LIFE! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I've been offered a phone invite from Lerner WOW

Reactions: 6 users
congrats!!! I'm assuming you're not one of the "legacies" mentioned before correct? and what was your complete date if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry I'm having a brain fart. Do you mean legacy in regards to if I have alumni connections to the program? I was complete on 07/28!

I'VE PEAKED IN LIFE! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I've been offered a phone invite from Lerner WOW

Congrats!!

Did you guys get the email about the Case Western PRIME program? "Raise your GPA with our post-bacc program.." hmm.. not sure if this is a hint about my sucky gpa or just an ad for a lucrative premed program.. :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!

Did you guys get the email about the Case Western PRIME program? "Raise your GPA with our post-bacc program.." hmm.. not sure if this is a hint about my sucky gpa or just an ad for a lucrative premed program.. :laugh:
Yes, I got that 3 hours post rejection. I'm not looking into it.

yeah that was sketch af... I have a high sGPA so I think it was a generic email sent out to all other applicants :(
Indeed it is. I got one from them earlier in the cycle as well. Just an ad I'm afraid.

in the lerner thread, someone posted the above regarding phone interviews but who knows if that's correct. But yes, legacy in terms of having alumni connections to case western's med school.

Ahh, thank you for the clarification. No, I don't have any alumni connection to the medical school. However, I have several relatives who work for the Clinic and have attended Case for other programs. Hope that helps!

in the lerner thread, someone posted the above regarding phone interviews but who knows if that's correct. But yes, legacy in terms of having alumni connections to case western's med school.

To be fair, I think the user who posted in the thread is an adcom. Or at least, has posted as an adcom in several years' worth of the CCLCM threads!

II from the University Program this morning!
LizzyM 73ish, IS, complete 8/31

Reactions: 8 users
II from university program this morning, OOS, LizzyM 71, complete 7/26, interview dates available in late october.

Reactions: 9 users
Thanks -- I do appreciate the reassurance. However I'm in a weird situation where my GPA and MCAT are wildly unbalanced and I am concernicus that my high MCAT score won't weigh as heavily as I initially thought

I'm also pretty unbalanced with high MCAT and not so fabulous GPA. I just interviewed on Monday, so stay positive!

anyone with high mcat but lower CARs score get II

Is it known that they focus on CARs in particular? I have a somewhat lower CARs score with high mcat and haven't heard back :O
no but I saw in another thread someone with an unbalanced mcat who indicated he thought everything else in his app was very good except for that and he got the boot.... so was a little worried here

II this morning! LizzyM score 75, IS, had problems with LOR's and wasn't even complete until 9/7

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected yesterday, this was a reach school but still disappointing! Good luck to everyone else!

no but I saw in another thread someone with an unbalanced mcat who indicated he thought everything else in his app was very good except for that and he got the boot.... so was a little worried here

If it matters, my MCAT score was a 515, but a little unbalanced in the other direction (126/131/128/130), and they offered me an II.

Just got rejected complete 8/3. I know they're separate committees, but haven't heard from college track yet, not sure if they take longer

Welp. Got my rejection letter today. It's all good I expected it. Good luck to everyone else!