2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg wtf i see the same thing......every other school has gotten my committee letter bruhhhhhh
Just looked and mine says the same thing. They wouldn't have marked you complete without your letters though. It's surely just a glitch.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just looked and mine says the same thing. They wouldn't have marked you complete without your letters though. It's surely just a glitch.
It wasn't like that before though. I remember reading that they have received all my letters when my status was marked complete in July. But when I just check the message, it says they have NOT received all my letters...wtf?

Dude, its def an error, I have that too and literally, every school took my letters without issue.
It wasn't like that before though. I remember reading that they have received all my letters when my status was marked complete in July. But when I just check the message, it says they have NOT received all my letters...wtf?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a new error. I remember seeing they had received all of mine too when I was marked complete, and now my portal simultaneously says 'complete' but also 'we don't have your letters' but also 'invited to interview.' I'm sure the iApply guy will be here soon enough. If they had your letters before, they didn't lose them now.

It's a new error. I remember seeing they had received all of mine too when I was marked complete, and now my portal simultaneously says 'complete' but also 'we don't have your letters' but also 'invited to interview.' I'm sure the iApply guy will be here soon enough. If they had your letters before, they didn't lose them now.
The portal adds on to information that was already there. For example, I saw the information about not receiving my letter right after I submitted the secondary. The next day when I was marked complete they added the information about being complete but did not remove the previous status I received right after my submitting my app. So I think there's no reason to worry. It's simply building on previous information without deleting prior app status updates.

Thanks everyone! Sorry for any unnecessary anxiety I may have induced!

A bit late, but II on Tuesday. =D Complete on 8/9 LizzyM 66

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Do you have a very high MCAT? I'm curious as to how they stratify apps as a lot of people complete before you (including me) have heard nothing so who knows

I am URM, but I'm not sure if they take that into account. This only the second school I've heard back from.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the research question, can we talk about multiple research experiences or just one research project?

Got a call this morning for an II for MSTP. They said system was glitching. I never got the email I should have received regarding the II. Thankful they called! They are very kind. Excited to interview here!

Reactions: 4 users
For the research question, can we talk about multiple research experiences or just one research project?
I have zero research experience and I got an II, so honestly do whatever is best for your narrative. The character count is pretty generous, so if you can fit in multiple diverse research endeavors, go for it. If one project is far and away the most important and meaningful for you in terms of time worked, publications attained, or whatever other metric, then maybe focus the majority of your time on that one. If you can connect one or more of your projects to other parts of your application/future goals in medicine that could be beneficial as well. Just my take on it

Yep, scheduled for 9/11. How about you?

Throwing in the towel today, just received my first rejection of the cycle at 6:00 AM PST. A bit disappointed, thought I was a decent fit for the school. ORM, LizzyM 70-75, 3k hours research, 1 pub.

Best of luck to everyone else, CWRU is a great school.

Just curious when people say LizzyM and provide a broad range what does that mean? Is that to be anonymous or like pending mcat score

Has anyone else complete before 8/1 still not heard anything?

Reactions: 6 users
Complete yesterday and nothing. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 users
II to the college and university tracks today! LizzyM ~80, complete 7/30. Glad they thought my research essay was comprehesible, haha

Reactions: 10 users
I'm curious to people getting IIs here...did you not apply to Lerner/get your decision on Lerner at the same time as your II? Has anyone gotten a decision at one without a decision at the other?

I'm curious to people getting IIs here...did you not apply to Lerner/get your decision on Lerner at the same time as your II? Has anyone gotten a decision at one without a decision at the other?

I got rejected from Lerner a while back and got an II for university track yesterday

Last edited:
I got rejected from Lerner a while back and got an II for college track yesterday
Thanks! I was just wondering if it was possible that case wants to interview me but Lerner hasn't decided yet. Just being the typical neurotically hopeful applicant :)

I've been trying to distract myself with other activities, but this silence is killing me. 5 weeks feels like 5 years!

Reactions: 6 users
II today! LizzyM 77. Just curious to know if anyone has more info on the student hosting system. Do I need to schedule an interview first before being able to look for a student host or have they not released that info yet?

Reactions: 1 users
II today! LizzyM 77. Just curious to know if anyone has more info on the student hosting system. Do I need to schedule an interview first before being able to look for a student host or have they not released that info yet?

Student host info can be found on iApply on the status page after you get the II!

II Case + The Clinic :biglove:
Complete 7/26

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invitation :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Also got an II earlier today. LizzyM 63-65, Complete 8/8. Excited to be interviewing here!!

Reactions: 5 users