2017-2018 Case Western Reserve University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II at both college and university tracks!!!!!! omg I can't even right now!
Congrats, man!! You are my hero!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II to the University Program! But declined from the college track sadly, which I was really hoping for.

Also, there are no interview dates available on their portal?

II to the University Program! But declined from the college track sadly, which I was really hoping for.

Also, there are no interview dates available on their portal?

When were you complete? I have similar stats so I'm anxiously waiting.

Sat on this one for like 6-7 wks but I finally submitted, good riddance hahaha

Sat on this one for like 6-7 wks but I finally submitted, good riddance hahaha
Did they tell you they'll be fine with us taking slightly longer than the 2 week recommendation, then? I want to do a good job, but they're really long and I'm not quite ready considering my 2 weeks are up tomorrow lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they tell you they'll be fine with us taking slightly longer than the 2 week recommendation, then? I want to do a good job, but they're really long and I'm not quite ready considering my 2 weeks are up tomorrow lol.

Nah, I just took my chances. If it's a top school for you I'd try and get as close to the deadline as possible

M1 here, I've only got about 5 weeks of school under my belt, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer! For those who haven't heard anything yet, I wouldn't read into it at all. It was a solid 2 months for me between being complete and receiving an II.

Reactions: 5 users
Got an early bird 9 am rejection from the college program.

My first MD II for the University Program!! Rejection from the College Program but still so unbelievably happy! Submitted 7/14, LM 68

Reactions: 7 users
Should I be worried that people who submitted well after me are receiving interviews while I am hearing radio silence?

Should I be worried that people who submitted well after me are receiving interviews while I am hearing radio silence?
Nope, I don't think so. They keep circling back to earlier dates and then later ones then earlier ones again. I assume they just have some way of stratifying apps, or multiple reviewers who take different amounts of time, etc. Based on MSAR data, it seems like they extend interviews to a relatively high percentage of applicants, so if you feel good about your stats then I would just give it some time. Some people have already been rejected or placed on hold, so as long as you're still just 'Marked Complete' I think they simply haven't reached your app yet (which doesn't indicate anything at all about your chances, so don't worry).
(also... you have 4 IIs and a LizzyM of 85... it's all gonna be okay)

Reactions: 4 users

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would say not that worried though. At least from the interview tracker, the average MCAT of their interview-ees as of right now is right around 520, which is 3 points above average for their program. So I'd guess the early interview slots are going to the VERY strong applicants they want to get to before someone else does.

I had plenty of people get IIs before me who were complete after me. I wouldn't worry about it.

I had plenty of people get IIs before me who were complete after me. I wouldn't worry about it.

Do you know how strict the 2 week recommendation is? I got caught up an extra 3 days because I got neurotic about making the secondary really good haha

JUST GOT IIS TO BOTH UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE TRACKS WHAT IS LIFE OH MY GOD
lizzym77 complete 7/21

Reactions: 9 users
II to university track just now!! LM 76 and complete 7/13--so to those of you concerned you've been rejected after being complete early, they still most definitely are looking through the earlier applications!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 4 users
I got an email this morning saying that after preliminary review, my application is being held for future consideration for an interview. Not an outright rejection, but still not a huge confidence builder. Anyone have any idea, historically speaking, how many applicants get notifications like this and how many of them actually get interviews?

Last edited:
I got this an email this morning saying that after preliminary review, my application is being held for future consideration for an interview. Not an outright rejection, but still not a huge confidence builder. Anyone have any idea, historically speaking, how many applicants get notifications like this and how many of them actually get interviews?

+1

Complete 7/17, LM ~74

Do you know how strict the 2 week recommendation is? I got caught up an extra 3 days because I got neurotic about making the secondary really good haha
I don't, sorry. My guess is that the point of that recommendation is just to get people to turn in their apps ASAP and 2 weeks happens to be the timeframe they chose, but that's just conjecture on my part.

M1 here, I've only got about 5 weeks of school under my belt, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answer! For those who haven't heard anything yet, I wouldn't read into it at all. It was a solid 2 months for me between being complete and receiving an II.

Just got II today to both programs and am very excited about the possibilities. Do the admissions folks dole out rolling admissions after 10/15; if so, any ideas about how often. Thinking about scheduling my visit after 10/15 (instead of before) and wondering if this is a mistake...

Just got II today to both programs and am very excited about the possibilities. Do the admissions folks dole out rolling admissions after 10/15; if so, any ideas about how often. Thinking about scheduling my visit after 10/15 (instead of before) and wondering if this is a mistake...

For reference, I interviewed after this date and was accepted about two to three weeks after interviewing.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you should be fine. I interviewed in November, got accepted in December. Im not sure if your chances are necessarily better if you interview earlier, though I just have my personal experience to go off of.

Has anyone that's been complete around 8/3 not heard anything yet?

I wonder if it's bad or good or neutral haha but people have been rejected so who knows
I think it's neutral - I actually posted a few days ago about this (higher up on this page), quoted below:

"They keep circling back to earlier dates and then later ones then earlier ones again. I assume they just have some way of stratifying apps, or multiple reviewers who take different amounts of time, etc. Based on MSAR data, it seems like they extend interviews to a relatively high percentage of applicants, so if you feel good about your stats then I would just give it some time. Some people have already been rejected or placed on hold, so as long as you're still just 'Marked Complete' I think they simply haven't reached your app yet (which doesn't indicate anything at all about your chances, so don't worry)."

As evidence, I received an interview the following day (8/23) despite having been complete earlier (7/21) than many people who have gotten interviews. It's not over until it's over.

To echo the sentiments above, definitely keep your heads up if you haven't gotten an II yet! Still plenty of time in the process!

yea this school is def a reach for me, my GPA is trash although I have huge upward trend and 515 MCAT which is still below the median, I just have like 4000hrs of research with pubs so thought maybe that would help but I don't have any expectations really

Per their website the GPA range is 2.77-4 thats crazy

I've been checking my status a little bit obsessively, but just noticed upon reading the message carefully for the first time, that although it says my application is complete, it also says they have NOT received my letters. I've been complete since mid-July, and I'm sure they should have received my committee letter by now (it was complete with AMCAS before primaries were even transmitted to schools.) Is this the case for anyone else?