2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got IIs, did you all do the optional submission?

No, I wrote a small paragraph with some of the things I like to do in my free time. The essay started off with, "I'm not a creative person so I decided not to do the video." haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those interviewing on August 21st - I'm arriving on Saturday, what are somethings/activities to do to get acclimated to Las Cruces and the surrounding area?

For those interviewing on August 21st - I'm arriving on Saturday, what are somethings/activities to do to get acclimated to Las Cruces and the surrounding area?
Same here! I've always wanted to visit a desert-like region like NM. Gonna go on a cool photographic adventure hopefully :)

Same here! I've always wanted to visit a desert-like region like NM. Gonna go on a cool photographic adventure hopefully :)
That sounds really great!

I'll probably do that and see if I can find a local place for grub.

I'll be interviewing on the 21st as well. I'll be driving over from Arizona the day before so if anyone wanted to get together Sunday night we could do dinner or something.

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be interviewing on the 21st as well. I'll be driving over from Arizona the day before so if anyone wanted to get together Sunday night we could do dinner or something.
That would be awesome! I fly in evening of the 20th

Reactions: 1 user
White Sands National Monument and White Sand Missile Range are amazing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary Received ! 2 hours ago, in my spam! :/ Hoping for that II!

II on September 8th! Had to push it out because those flights are $$$ from the PNW! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I will be there sept 8th as well! We will see you there.

I will be there sept 8th as well! We will see you there.

Cool! :) I come in the day before and leave the day after, what about you?

I wonder if they do any meet-ups or dinners beforehand.

II on September 8th! Had to push it out because those flights are $$$ from the PNW! :)

From one PNWesterner to another: Congrats! And I sympathize with your travel $ struggles.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Cool! :) I come in the day before and leave the day after, what about you?

I wonder if they do any meet-ups or dinners beforehand.

I get there on the 7th and leave that evening. Flying in from Utah. I have 2 other II before this so I am hoping to be well practiced.

I get there on the 7th and leave that evening. Flying in from Utah. I have 2 other II before this so I am hoping to be well practiced.
Where at from Utah, Provo or SLC

Thank you, and congrats on your three! :clap: Can I ask where they are at?
Thank you! They're at Lucom, SOMA, and Bcom. 3 interviews in 5 days, it's gonna be a trip lol

Thank you! They're at Lucom, SOMA, and Bcom. 3 interviews in 5 days, it's gonna be a trip lol

Oh man. Yes, for sure! Stay rested and hydrated lol.

Just submitted my secondary, hoping for my letters to be in by mid August or so!

Submitted secondary to BCOM on 7/16, emailed them to ask if they had received everything. They said they have everything and that my application "is in queue" and to keep an eye on my email for a response!
Are you using a committee letter or just individuals? Don't forget to check your spam as well, a few of us had to look through there to get their secondary. Good luck!

I already submitted my secondary, I'm waiting for an interview at this point (hopefully)! I'm using individual letters. I have 5 letters: MD, 2 biology professors, manager from work, & non-profit founder. I have been checking my email, spam and normal, every five minutes. Feels like I'm going crazy!
Right, I too already submitted my secondary but I cant even hope to be invited to interview yet cuz my letters aren't yet put together. The individuals letters are all ready, just a matter of my premed office to put them together. I have 1 DO; 1 Physics prof that I also worked with, 1 Orgo, 2 Managers from a clinical job I held, and 1 more coming from a waiter job I held early college.
Don't go crazy haaha, your II is coming. :xf::nod:

II this morning! First one of the cycle I'm pumped!

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning, also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys!! :)

Thanks! Good luck with your 3 in 5 days! Mine are all spread out with at least a week in between each. I can’t imagine doing that many so quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also got an II this AM! With the way the scheduling is going, I think I may have to be there a couple days early the weekend of September 8th/9th. Anyone else interviewing around then?

II this morning! Scheduled for September 8 :)

sGPA 3.25 - also have lots of ECs with underserved groups and can speak Spanish

Wow, our apps are pretty comparable (my sGPA is a tick lower but my MCAT is higher, I don't speak Spanish but I have student government on my resume)

I submitted the secondary on the 8th. Here's hoping we see each other at an interview soon ;) (and congrats again btw!)

sGPA 3.25 - also have lots of ECs with underserved groups and can speak Spanish
Nice. Congrats. will you be retaking MCAT this year?
I can also speak a bit of Spanish ( i can understand it more haha)

Wow, our apps are pretty comparable (my sGPA is a tick lower but my MCAT is higher, I don't speak Spanish but I have student government on my resume)

I submitted the secondary on the 8th. Here's hoping we see each other at an interview soon ;) (and congrats again btw!)

Thats awesome!! Good luck!! :) this is my first II so I'm super nervous of course!

Thats awesome!! Good luck!! :) this is my first II so I'm super nervous of course!
Prep adequately for the obvious questions, look at the school, prepare your own questoins.. be yourself and not a premed robot haha. You got this!:soexcited:

I wish I had your confidence haha. I have a retake for 09/09

Good luck I'm sure you'll do great! That was my retake unfortunately. The Verbal was my only bad section which bombed my score

Good luck I'm sure you'll do great! That was my retake unfortunately. The Verbal was my only bad section which bombed my score
ohh i see! verbal also caused my demise first time around, but i want to get over 500 .. Thanks for the vote of confidence

I have a few questions about Burrell, if anyone can answer them that would be awesome!

Are they affiliated with New Mexico State? In other words, as medical students do we still have access to all the amenities offered an New Mexico State (gym, library, etc.)?

For third are fourth year will the rotations be held in Las Cruces? Or will the students be moving away to other cities to complete their rotations?

Are there many jobs in Las Cruces? My wife is a nurse and will need to find a job there.

Last question... how soon after Interviews do they offer acceptances??

Good luck to everyone else applying!