2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
II for Aug 21!! :claps:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Thank you very much. Did BCOM send you something after filling out the secondary? I submitted it a few days ago and haven't gotten anything to indicate my application is complete or under review yet.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much. Did BCOM send you something after filling out the secondary? I submitted it a few days ago and haven't gotten anything to indicate my application is complete or under review yet.

No problem.

I did not receive anything after I filled out my secondary.

Congrats to those with II and commiserations to those who didn't get the outcome they wanted.

When were you people with II complete? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?

AACOMAS Submitted: 5-31-17
AACOMAS Completed: 5-31-17
AACOMAS Verification: 6-01-17

Burrell Application Submitted: 5-31-17
Burrell Received Application (email notification): 6-16-17
Burrell Secondary Received: 6-16-17
Burrell Secondary Submitted: 6-21-17 (written statement)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those with II and commiserations to those who didn't get the outcome they wanted.

When were you people with II complete? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?
Primary 6/15. Secondary 6/23.
3.36 GPA, 501 MCAT. Non-trad, OOS, extensive volunteer work & missions, shadowing DO (majority BCOM target populations), work experience w/ underrepresented groups.

I was complete 6/26. uGPA: 3.93, sGPA: 3.89, pretty low MCAT, great ECs and LoRs though, ORM, OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those with IIs! Got my secondary out last Friday, so hopefully I will be joining you guys in celebration sometime soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody put their immunization records on the secondary? That's not required yet is it

My last mcat score from two years ago was a 499 and I have a 3.42 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA. Should I submit now or wait until after August when I take the mcat again?

I selected August 21 as well. I have 3.43 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 499 MCAT. @Johnny Appleseed......I'm technically a resident of Utah as well. Where are you at right now?

Did anyone call about fee waiver for those that received it through AACOMAS?

Did anyone call about fee waiver for those that received it through AACOMAS?

Just shoot them an email and attach a copy of the fee waiver email AACOMAS sent you and they'll be more than happy to help! They're awesome at taking care of that for you, they turned around my email within a day.

Just shoot them an email and attach a copy of the fee waiver email AACOMAS sent you and they'll be more than happy to help! They're awesome at taking care of that for you, they turned around my email within a day.

Thank you!

Do they honor the AACOMAS fee waiver? Didn't see this mentioned above - haven't seen anything on the thread.

Do they honor the AACOMAS fee waiver? Didn't see this mentioned above - haven't seen anything on the thread.
Yes, they do. You'll have to e-mail them and provide them with the fee waiver approval letter so they can refund you.

I also opted to do a written statement. I just wrote a creative "about me" story.

Doing a vid was my first choice, but the only time I could do it was at work, and when I tried all my older co-workers thought I was making a dating video.
LOOOL!

II just now... but dang this is a long way from Pennsylvania. Going to fork over some serious cash if I go

Congrats! why wouldn't u go?
I didn't say I wasn't going, i'm just strapped for cash so a plane ride and hotel is going to drain me. But i'm overly excited nonetheless!! The campus looks beautiful and i'm grateful for any II

I didn't say I wasn't going, i'm just strapped for cash so a plane ride and hotel is going to drain me. But i'm overly excited nonetheless!! The campus looks beautiful and i'm grateful for any II
Got it! is it your first II? When did you schedule it for?

Got it! is it your first II? When did you schedule it for?
It is my third so far... also LUCOM and ACOM. Didn't schedule yet!! I will probably do so later when I look at my work schedule

It is my third so far... also LUCOM and ACOM. Didn't schedule yet!! I will probably do so later when I look at my work schedule

congrats on all the interviews!

curious if you made a video for Burrell?

interesting. thanks and best of luck on the interview trail!

II! Already signed up for August 21st. So excited!

For those who got IIs, did you all do the optional submission?

For those who got IIs, did you all do the optional submission?
yes, I did the video, but someone just recently posted saying they got an II without doing any of the optional portion. Do what you'd like with that info lol