2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for that bit of advice. Just found out I got the secondary this morning...in my spam box.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Weren't the earliest II's sent out on July 1st last year?

Weren't the earliest II's sent out on July 1st last year?
Yes, but "calendar-wise" it was this Friday (last year's July 1st) that the first IIs were sent out. So we'll find out if they go by date or perhaps day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either and I submitted my secondary 10 days ago

Ah I see. Hopefully it is today; it'd be exciting to receive a II this early!

If not, I'm guessing it'll have to be the 3rd or the 5th of July because of the weekend and the holiday coming up.

Ah I see. Hopefully it is today; it'd be exciting to receive a II this early!

If not, I'm guessing it'll have to be the 3rd or the 5th of July because of the weekend and the holiday coming up.
I'm hoping it will be today. If they did it before the 4th last year hopefully they will do the same this year....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Does anyone know BCOM's minimum MCAT requirements? I swear I've tried looking it up, but I think their website is broken, every time I try to click on it I keep getting the 404 page. I'm just trying to see if I should bother applying or not. Thanks

Does anyone know BCOM's minimum MCAT requirements? I swear I've tried looking it up, but I think their website is broken, every time I try to click on it I keep getting the 404 page. I'm just trying to see if I should bother applying or not. Thanks
493, 3.0 GPA are their min screens

For those who have submitted their secondary, what did you do for the optional portion?

For those who have submitted their secondary, what did you do for the optional portion?
Opted for the written statement, took time to explain a special experience/circumstance that wasn't present on my primary.

Hopefully we can hear something back regarding IIs soon! Going off last year thread people received another batch of IIs around the 7th. Time will tell...

Reactions: 1 user
I also opted to do a written statement. I just wrote a creative "about me" story.

Doing a vid was my first choice, but the only time I could do it was at work, and when I tried all my older co-workers thought I was making a dating video.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted a video for the optional portion. Talked about some hobbies, meaningful EC's, etc.

Hopefully we can hear something back regarding IIs soon! Going off last year thread people received another batch of IIs around the 7th. Time will tell...

Same! I don't think anyone has received a II from BCOM yet. I guess they're a bit late this year.

Reactions: 1 users

Decided to send in a video. Short vlog Q&A format. Went into it thinking, "How in the world are we gonna fill 2 minutes?"...ended up being 5 so had to slice it in half. Talked about my background, interests, and why DO.

Thank you to those who mentioned the junk mail issue. Just looked in my spam today and saw they sent me a secondary 6/16. Pretty upset because I feel I actually have a decent shot for an acceptance here given my stats. Does anyone think submitting secondary this late after invitation to complete it will negatively affect their chances? Or do you think that BCOM adcoms are aware of the issue and it won't count against you?

Thank you to those who mentioned the junk mail issue. Just looked in my spam today and saw they sent me a secondary 6/16. Pretty upset because I feel I actually have a decent shot for an acceptance here given my stats. Does anyone think submitting secondary this late after invitation to complete it will negatively affect their chances? Or do you think that BCOM adcoms are aware of the issue and it won't count against you?

This early in the game, it won't matter. I submitted in 24 hours and haven't heard anything.

This early in the game, it won't matter. I submitted in 24 hours and haven't heard anything.

Thank you! I assume you didn't opt for the video then lol

Thank you! I assume you didn't opt for the video then lol

Haha nope. I had an essay from a previous secondary written out so I chose to submit that.

I think that they prefer videos because they can get to know us better, but they give the option of doing other things just in case that's not possible. I did a video, but I know nothing about editing so I don't know how much they'll like it.

Reactions: 2 users
I think that they prefer videos because they can get to know us better, but they give the option of doing other things just in case that's not possible. I did a video, but I know nothing about editing so I don't know how much they'll like it.
Same lmao

Finally submitted my secondary last night. Video took forever to make. Did anyone receive an email stating their application was complete?

Emailed admissions to check status of an LOR. In the reply they said apps are going through scoring process.

Finally submitted my secondary last night. Video took forever to make. Did anyone receive an email stating their application was complete?
That's great! No email here

Emailed admissions to check status of an LOR. In the reply they said apps are going through scoring process.
This might or might not be a stupid question...but what is the scoring process?

This might or might not be a stupid question...but what is the scoring process?

Many medical schools give each applicant a numerical score derived from a variety of factors such as MCAT, GPA, EC's, etc. that indicate the competitiveness of that particular applicant. They then set cut offs and send out II's/acceptances above the cut off score.

I assume they are in the process of doing this.

Nope, no completion email.

I wonder when interviews will be sent out then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I sent in a video too :) good luck everyone! Hopefully we hear about interview invites soon!

I received my secondary on 6/16 as well and just submitted it yesterday. I feel that since it's still early it should hopefully be fine!

I submitted a video for the optional portion. Talked about some hobbies, meaningful EC's, etc.

I did the same thing, talked about some hobbies and interests outside of school.

I'm surprised they haven't sent out any interviews yet. Latest they've been since they openened

I'm surprised they haven't sent out any interviews yet. Latest they've been since they openened

Could be a combination of more applications than in years past and/or they're implementing a different review process. Perhaps a current student can chime in on the current admissions process, other than what's available on their website?

I'm waiting anxiously on hearing back from them as they're one of my top choices.

Just received a II about 10 minutes ago. Have not yet scheduled it yet. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my first II SO EXCITED!!! Love this school amd wishing the best for everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II rejection :(, but congrats to those w/ II's. I wish you guys the best of luck!

Congrats on the IIs! Silence for me, but I wasn't complete until 3 days ago.

Congrats to those with II and commiserations to those who didn't get the outcome they wanted.

When were you people with II complete? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?