2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier today! Complete early August. Stats: 4.0 GPA, 524 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
II invite today. LM 76, complete early/mid July! Excited to come to Boston !!

Members don't see this ad :)
II invite today. LM 76, complete early/mid July! Excited to come to Boston !!
Congrats! And nice pic btw- glad Mr. Meaty still lives on

Reactions: 1 user
What dates are available?
@The8
Well the dates disappeared after I scheduled, but they said that they interview M W F. Earliest date was October 18 and latest date was November 3 (wow, serial position effect in action). The list was pretty long so probably most dates within that range were available.

Well the dates disappeared after I scheduled, but they said that they interview M W F. Earliest date was October 18 and latest date was November 3 (wow, serial position effect in action). The list was pretty long so probably most dates within that range were available.
Thanks!

@Welshman I remember seeing September 29th I believe and November 1st.... a bunch of Fridays and Wednesdays were the only days besides one Monday. The only Monday was the 30th of October which I chose. There's a button for those who can't find a good schedule spot as well so I wouldn't fret if you can't make the times given. @bootsandspooky can correct me if I'm off with those dates as they did disapear so not positive!

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday (while I was driving home from another interview, coincidentally)! Complete 7/24, LM ~75, pretty strong ties to BU. Feel free to PM me if you have travel/logistics questions and I can try to help, being from the area!

Does BU have student housing programs for people coming from far away? I couldn't find information on the interview page.

Does BU have student housing programs for people coming from far away? I couldn't find information on the interview page.
They hook you up with student hosts once an interview has been offered, its all on a google doc they share

Members don't see this ad :)
And on the opposite end... just rejected :/ Complete in the beginning of July.

I'm later July so probably on the chopping block

Rejected just now. Complete 7/13

Honestly respect them for letting me know quickly instead of making me wait 6 months

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected just now. Complete 7/13

Honestly respect them for letting me know quickly instead of making me wait 6 months
Ditto. Rejected, LizzyM 71. Appreciate the early notice. Way better than being strung along.

Rejected as well, oh well!

I already have II from a few top 10s (including top 5s), and I think it comes to show you the unpredictability of the application process and how different schools look for different qualities in its applicants (even though all their mission statements sound the same -___- ).

...So at least you can be sure that a rejection from one school doesn't necessarily foreshadow a rejection to your dream school. :)

anyone complete early to mid july that has heard nothing- i.e. no II and no rejection?

anyone complete early to mid july that has heard nothing- i.e. no II and no rejection?

Me, but I'm also a MAMS 2nd year so I'm in a different pool from regular applicants

Last edited:
Rejected!! I forgot I applied to BU to be honest...I dont remember all 38 that I sent secondaries to..

Edit : I think the reason why I was rejected was because I didn't meet their LOR requirement. I did have 2 science letters but they weren't both chemistry, biology, or physics specifically. I argued why it should on the secondary

Last edited:
rejected (complete mid-july, maybe the ~12th?)

Last edited:
uh, for all the people who were rejected today when were you complete? Was complete August 4 and have not heard back

Rejected :/ I was pretty much expecting that but still sad. OOS 515 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, complete 07/20