2017-2018 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody received the secondary for the regular MD program? If so, can you please share the prompt? I would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody received the secondary for the regular MD program? If so, can you please share the prompt? I would appreciate it!
You can go to their website, create an account, and fill out the secondary. No need to wait around to receive an invite.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I found the website. No issues here....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else continued to receive an error message when trying to pay the secondary fee? I tried contacting admissions, as per the error message, and they just sent an automated reply with general FAQs and nothing that could help the situation. Anyone find a solution to this problem?

Question: I want to indicate on my secondary that I'm interested in the MD/MBA program in conjunction with Rice, however, do I need to have taken the GMAT in order to do this? Or can I apply for the MD/MBA program now, get accepted into Baylor, and then apply for MBA program later in my med school career? (the MBA part is not completed until the later years of medical school, which makes me think that GMAT and applying can come later.) Or should I just apply regular MD, and write about how I'm interested in pursing the MBA later? Thoughts?

On the website it says that "all letters must be current from the calendar year preceding proposed enrollement." How strict is this requirement? Has anyone here called/emailed and asked about this?

How do we send updates to Baylor? Is it via email?

How do we send updates to Baylor? Is it via email?
I would advise that it is too early to send updates. Sending one now will make you look as if you had been disorganized and forgot something on your primary application.
If you have something major and new since you submitted your primary, please make note of these kinds of things and bring them up at the time of an interview or possibly on a secondary application. Then it will look more like you are continuing to learn and grow as well as filling some empty space in an interview.

I would advise that it is too early to send updates. Sending one now will make you look as if you had been disorganized and forgot something on your primary application.
If you have something major and new since you submitted your primary, please make note of these kinds of things and bring them up at the time of an interview or possibly on a secondary application. Then it will look more like you are continuing to learn and grow as well as filling some empty space in an interview.
Hmm but I literally just received a pretty significant award this week and I've submitted the majority of my secondaries already so wanted to update you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally disagree. I think it is perfectly fine to send in an application update if you think it will make a difference on whether you get an II. I updated all my schools with a change in my course schedule for the fall (which is more trivial than an award and could be perceived as disorganization, I suppose) and have already received II's from some of those schools.

Question: I want to indicate on my secondary that I'm interested in the MD/MBA program in conjunction with Rice, however, do I need to have taken the GMAT in order to do this? Or can I apply for the MD/MBA program now, get accepted into Baylor, and then apply for MBA program later in my med school career? (the MBA part is not completed until the later years of medical school, which makes me think that GMAT and applying can come later.) Or should I just apply regular MD, and write about how I'm interested in pursing the MBA later? Thoughts?

I am also an MD/MBA candidate. While I did already take the GMAT, I know that it is only required for scholarship consideration and not for admission.

I am also an MD/MBA candidate. While I did already take the GMAT, I know that it is only required for scholarship consideration and not for admission.

So in that case, there is no difference in the prerequisites needed to apply to MD/MBA, we just need to indicate it on our primary/secondary? Thanks!

Anyone heard any II updates from baylor?

Is it okay to abbreviate Baylor College of Medicine to BCM to save space in the secondary?

Do you think it would okay to abbreviate Baylor as the following:
"To supreme leader of the south, and whom may this address to Mr/Mrs/ApacheHeli Baylor from the highest honor and city, I bow down to thee"

I'm not sure if it's long enough. Can someone proofread my essay? I know it only says 2,000 char, but I'm trying to submit 50 applications so that i can reach my 100,000 char limit.

Reactions: 2 users
II through email! IS applicant, LizzyM 82, interview date August 25th. Secondary complete 7/4. TMDSAS transmitted 6/7. So pumpeddd!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
II by email, submitted secondary 7/1

Reactions: 4 users
II by email, secondary completed 7/5. IS.

Last edited:
Anyone OOS get an interview invite?

Anyone doing the MD/MBA get an invite? Also does anyone know if they do all those interviews on one day or are they mixed in with the regular MD interviews? Thanks all. And congrats to those with IIs already.

II through email, OOS, secondary complete early July

Reactions: 1 users
OOS, LizzyM 71.5
UIM
Not sure if I have a shot here but I'm going to take it anyway

Last edited:
II! Received last Tuesday

Here are the stats just published by Baylor for the 2017 entering class (last application cycle)
20476152_10155648878148408_1655256100019622219_n.png

yes, the fresh data was not yet available.
Well I thought I was even better off before, but here's to hoping they will accept a 518 this cycle, but with the growing stat whoring my score might not even be adequate:/

Damn they went from a 515 to a 517 avg.

MSAR reports a median. Not a mean. My guess is the admitted class is statistically no different from the year before, Baylor just wants to publish a 517 mean rather than a 515 median.

Well I thought I was even better off before, but here's to hoping they will accept a 518 this cycle, but with the growing stat whoring my score might not even be adequate:/

lol shh at least you're still above the median. When they were 514 my 516 was above it and now it's below by 1 measly point, so....
But I too am also annoyed by the increasing stat whoring that every mid-tier or above school seems to be doing, not that I can necessarily blame them, as stats do speak for themselves.

Do you have to wait to receive an email for secondary for Baylor, or do you register and then access secondary site?

Do you have to wait to receive an email for secondary for Baylor, or do you register and then access secondary site?
I believe you can do either! (register yourself now or wait for the e-mail)

They don't send you an email, create a Baylor account login and see it on the site.
They do send you an e-mail once they receive your AMCAS with instructions on how to fill out the secondary, pasted below

"Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas, appreciates your interest and hopes you will take a minute to visit our web site at School of Medicine to learn more about us.

We are in receipt of your verified AMCAS application, and if you have not already completed the BCM supplemental application you will find it located at Supplemental Application. BCM uses First Data for the supplemental application fee; you may submit your payment by credit card or e-check. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure both your payment and supplemental are submitted. If you have received an AMCAS FAP approval, follow the instructions for FAP at the end of the supplemental application. BCM no longer accepts check payments through the mail; all application fees must be paid through First Data."