2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I responded this morning requesting October 13, and haven't heard back from them yet.
I got in contact with someone and they said send it to [email protected]. They said that we will be contacted tomorrow regarding confirmation.

Members don't see this ad.

Holy cow, it's so expensive to fly to Fort Smith. I don't know If I want to fly to Tulsa or Little Rock, then drive to school.

Holy cow, it's so expensive to fly to Fort Smith. I don't know If I want to fly to Tulsa or Little Rock, then drive to school.

I flew into Tulsa and made the 1 hr 45 min drive, it was really nice and let me see the countryside and scenery while sipping on a big drink I got from the gas station! It isn't that bad!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on August 22nd, they said we will be informed of their decision within 2 weeks, it has now been 2 weeks and 1 day and I haven't received a phone call or letter, wondering if maybe they meant to say "you will be notified if you are accepted within two weeks" and the waitlist and rejection letters could come later?? Wondering if I should send an email or contact admissions? I am assuming at this point that I am waitlisted or rejected.

Definitely give them a call! Better to get confirmation now rather than leaving your concerns linger.

I'm interviewing on October 3rd and I'm trying to get an idea on what to expect? Anyone know if it's a group interview or one on one, etc?!

I'm interviewing on October 3rd and I'm trying to get an idea on what to expect? Anyone know if it's a group interview or one on one, etc?!
It's a 2 on 1 interview. One is a faculty member from ARCOM and the other is a community member from Arkansas (most likely from Fort Smith). It should be 30 minutes.

Got an interview invitation this morning by email! Hoping to get the September 26th interview date, but waiting to hear back from admissions!

Hi everyone! Is anyone interviewing this coming Friday, the 8th? I'm excited and nervous!

Got an interview invitation this morning by email! Hoping to get the September 26th interview date, but waiting to hear back from admissions!
I also received an Interview Invite this morning! I am so excited, as I have skimmed through this year's and last year's ARCOM SDN forums and have read so many positive things.

I apologize if this question was already asked earlier, but I can't seem to find it if it had been - Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted if you are invited for an on-campus interview? Thanks, everyone!

Look at XNA its in Fayettsville and only 55 min drive.

Members don't see this ad :)
9e392ca916fd6ceac08d34708fee5d45.jpg

So sorry! But it is still another option!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also received an Interview Invite this morning! I am so excited, as I have skimmed through this year's and last year's ARCOM SDN forums and have read so many positive things.

I apologize if this question was already asked earlier, but I can't seem to find it if it had been - Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted if you are invited for an on-campus interview? Thanks, everyone!

They interview about 750 and take 150, since it's a new school they interview more people

For you who got an invitation yesterday, did you get a confirmation email yet? I'm waiting anxiously

For you who got an invitation yesterday, diad you get a confirmation email yet? I'm waiting anxiously

I received a confirmation in less than an hour yesterday, but I also copied the email to the director of admissions Mandy Keyes.

For you who got an invitation yesterday, did you get a confirmation email yet? I'm waiting anxiously

Still waiting! Did you reply to the invitation email with your chosen date?

Yes sir! I'm hoping to get October 6

Still waiting! Did you reply to the invitation email with your chosen date?
+1, still waiting for confirmation. Replied to the general admissions email that I received the invite from.

Reactions: 1 users
I replied to the interview email as well as send an email to admissions, but I still haven't gotten a confirmation for my interview date. Let's wait and see.

Confirmed for 17th. Man I wanted the 3rd so I could find out and cancel my WCU-COM interview if I got in. Now I gotta go to both. SMH.

Confirmed for 10/6! Anyone else?

Still (anxiously) waiting on the confirmation email for the interview date.

Got an II on Wed. I emailed admissions for the 26th date and haven't gotten confirmation yet.

Got an II on Wed. I emailed admissions for the 26th date and haven't gotten confirmation yet.
I confirmed yesterday, but emailed them my decision for the 26th a day before that and they told me everything was full until the 17th. So they will probably be calling you asking to schedule for another date. Sorry bud, I was disappointed too.

For those waiting for II confirmation, they called me yesterday and we scheduled the interview over the phone then 10-15 mins later I got the confirmation email. However, everything is full before the 17th. Just wait and they will definitely call :)

I confirmed yesterday, but emailed them my decision for the 26th a day before that and they told me everything was full until the 17th. So they will probably be calling you asking to schedule for another date. Sorry bud, I was disappointed too.
Well, it's alright. I've heard great things about the school. Hopefully, They'll still have some spots left.

Good luck to everyone who recently received interview notices! It truly is a great school with an amazing interview experience!

Anyone who interviewed last Friday get a call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did it take everyone to get the acceptance email after you got the call?

How long did it take everyone to get the acceptance email after you got the call?
They said within 2 weeks, they'll give you a call if you got an acceptance. It's been two weeks for me and I haven't receive anything yet.

They said within 2 weeks, they'll give you a call if you got an acceptance. It's been two weeks for me and I haven't receive anything yet.
Ok. Was about to call them because I got the call on Tuesday and was told they'd send the email Wednesday, but nothing yet.

They interview about 750 and take 150, since it's a new school they interview more people
Is that number for acceptances or matriculants? I guarantee if it's #matriculants, #acceptances will be twice that amount.

Ladies, are y'all bringing a small purse to the interview? I want to bring a small notepad to take notes on..

Ladies, are y'all bringing a small purse to the interview? I want to bring a small notepad to take notes on..
I am not a lady myself but..... you don't need to bring anything honestly. They are super informative and extremely prepared for all interviewees. If you don't have a snack or water, they have it. They'll give you a folder with a lot of the information of the school.

If you really want to take notes then sure. However, I think the presentation that they provided was excellent and are really mission-based. Awesome school and hope I'll get accepted because it really fits of who I am.

I always bring a purse to my interviews (and I always bring extra shoes for the tours haha). Most people do, so I don't think that's something that will be viewed negatively if that's what you are afraid of.