2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on the 18th and still nothing... emailed admissions and they said letters were sent last week and I should be receiving something shortly. I feel a rejection coming :(

I'm with you lol

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting to hear back on a decision for an II or not. Anyone else submit their secondary in August and still haven't heard back?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call from Dr. Longley! Accepted!!

Reactions: 6 users
DO NOT accidentally indirectly imply that you won't stay in Arkansas
At my presentation they said they weigh three things for acceptance.
1) academics
2) desire to practice medicine in Arkansas
3) desire to serve the underserved

Last edited:
1) academics

well ****

1) academics

well ****
Oh well. You've got other interviews lined up and if I remember correctly, you have a killer MCAT for DO, the best. I'd be very surprised if you weren't a medical student by this time next year ;)

Oh well. You've got other interviews lined up and if I remember correctly, you have a killer MCAT for DO, the best. I'd be very surprised if you weren't a medical student by this time next year ;)

According to the letter I got just now it won't be at ARCOM...

thanks tho, glhf to you too

for other rejected applicants:
lx6qx.jpg

Did anyone who was accepted on the 22nd receive their official letter in the mail? I think the letter may be delayed due to the Labor day weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
received the dreaded "waitlisted" letter today :dead:

My friend submitted his secondary last week and just got an II this morning. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
II through email as well. I was complete 8/16.

First one so I'm pretty excited.

Just got an II as well! First one, so excited!

I sure hope they actually sent the invitation to the right person because my MCAT score is less than desirable lol.

II just now! 3.36/501, OOS. 6/20 primary, 8/14 secondary. Waiting to hear from a couple schools today post-interview then weighing the cost of travel. Otherwise, earliest interview dates at ARCOM are Sept 26 & Oct 3.

II 20 minutes ago. OOS, 499 MCAT 3.01 sGPA, 3.45 cGPA. Secondary Aug. 17.
Attending Oct. 27th

Reactions: 2 users
Also received a II this morning. Submitted late August. Will be attending Oct 31. Dates available for interview: Sept 26- Oct 31 for those who wonder.

II about 30 minutes ago! Should be attending on 10/3 but waiting for confirmation. OOS 3.6cGPA/3.5sGPA/503

II. 8:43am. Last name begins with "R." I picked 10/3.

I got mines just right now!

I got the call and email, but haven't received the letter yet so I am wondering if I should email the school or wait one more day. Perhaps the mail is delayed due to this past holiday weekend.

II just now!

cGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.50
MCAT: 500

II this morning. 3.5 GPA, 504 MCAT, OOS. I am deciding between October 3rd or 6th. Secondary submitted on August 30th.

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page yet?

I got the call and email, but haven't received the letter yet so I am wondering if I should email the school or wait one more day. Perhaps the mail is delayed due to this past holiday weekend.

I haven't received my official letter yet either, you're not alone! So I'm guessing you're right and the holiday is causing a delay.

Any idea on the post interview acceptance rate?

I haven't received my official letter yet either, you're not alone! So I'm guessing you're right and the holiday is causing a delay.

Thank you-that makes me feel a lot better! I just don't want to miss any instructions on the letter. I know there will be a few steps like putting a deposit down and making sure our vaccinations are up to date.

Also about the facebook page, we may be able to ask the previous class (through last years thread) whether one exists for the incoming class or if someone will create one soon!

II this AM.

II this morning as well. Will be withdrawing most likely, so hopefully one of y'all can get it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I received an interview invitation this morning, I'm confused as to how I respond to it? The email it was sent from was a donotreply@ address, so will they get it if I reply to the email I received?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Emily427, thank you for the reply. I went back and looked at it and it was the same address as you said.. for some reason it was something else the first time I looked, must be my phone playing games! How long did it take you to receive a confirmation email after you responded?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II invite this morning! OOS, 3.33cGPA, 3.0sGPA, 500 MCAT. I called Mandy about the donotreply email but it went to voicemail. Hopefully I get the Oct 3 date.

I responded this morning requesting October 13, and haven't heard back from them yet.

Thank you-that makes me feel a lot better! I just don't want to miss any instructions on the letter. I know there will be a few steps like putting a deposit down and making sure our vaccinations are up to date.

Also about the facebook page, we may be able to ask the previous class (through last years thread) whether one exists for the incoming class or if someone will create one soon!

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll get it within the next few days. It didn't have anything important on it. It says all further information will be emailed to us. The physical letter was there just to say congratulations pretty much.

Interviewed on August 22nd, they said we will be informed of their decision within 2 weeks, it has now been 2 weeks and 1 day and I haven't received a phone call or letter, wondering if maybe they meant to say "you will be notified if you are accepted within two weeks" and the waitlist and rejection letters could come later?? Wondering if I should send an email or contact admissions? I am assuming at this point that I am waitlisted or rejected.