2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone that got II this last week.... when did you complete? I have heard nothing :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today. Got the letter in the mail, not too worried as I have plenty of other interviews, but does anyone know if you have a better chance getting chosen off the waitlist if you get put on the waitlist early in the process? Like am I higher up on the waitlist than someone who gets put on it in November?

Also- has anyone received pre-secondary rejections?

Waitlisted today. Got the letter in the mail, not too worried as I have plenty of other interviews, but does anyone know if you have a better chance getting chosen off the waitlist if you get put on the waitlist early in the process? Like am I higher up on the waitlist than someone who gets put on it in November?

They won't pull from the waitlist until they finish interviews sometime next year and before they do that they will rank the waitlist. I don't think it has much to do with when you interviewed though

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So was that when you finished the secondary? I still haven't received a secondary
That's when they email you saying that they received the secondary, letters, and such. I received my secondary on 8/30, submitted it the same day and I was complete 9/1.

is it possible to delete posts? i can't seem to figure it out

Is that number for acceptances or matriculants? I guarantee if it's #matriculants, #acceptances will be twice that amount.

yeah 150 is their class size so i would say they probably send around double the amount of acceptance letters, but that number fluctuates. it really just depends on how quickly they hear back from possible matriculants.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone that got II this last week.... when did you complete? I have heard nothing :(

I was complete on Monday, August 28 (Approximately 2 weeks ago) and received an e-mail inviting me for an on-campus interview this past Wednesday, September 6. I hope you hear from ARCOM soon! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible to delete posts? i can't seem to figure it out
Only with paid membership I believe. The free way is to edit and replace the text with a . or random emoji :cyclops:

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I went to the University of Texas for undergrad.
You still in Texas? Damn, we could have car pooled if we would have chosen the same interview date. I'm at A&M finishing up my degree.

Called in to check on interview status for 10/17, all booked til the end of Oct. Confirmed for 10/31!! Any fellow halloweeners out there?

Reactions: 1 user
Called in to check on interview status for 10/17, all booked til the end of Oct. Confirmed for 10/31!! Any fellow halloweeners out there?
+1. Still deciding which costume to wear for the interview.

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted! Received a call from the Dean today

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed on September 1st also, congrats Lilbird123!
Then you guys know how awesome that place is! By far the staff are some of the nicest people I've met and the facilities OMG!

ACCEPTED!!!! Choked AT WORK OF HAPPINESS!!! Cant event talk right now of how happy i feel rn! 8am call.. early but worth it!!

Reactions: 11 users
Got my interview set for 11/7. You guys were quick with filling up dates. I was hoping for early October.

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone who interviewed can give some feedback on how the stress level for the day was? I have interview here soon and was wondering if it was MMI based or traditional format as well as how many people interviewed you? Thanks!

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone who interviewed can give some feedback on how the stress level for the day was? I have interview here soon and was wondering if it was MMI based or traditional format as well as how many people interviewed you? Thanks!
Stress level is extremely low (they make you feel welcome and already part of the school). It is a 2 on 1 interview (one faculty member and one community member).Again, super relaxed interview

Reactions: 2 users
Also, is ARCOM still enforcing the 125 subsection MCAT score cutoff, because I have below that and I still got an interview very early in the cycle. Also, do they just interview everyone since it is a new program? Maybe their post-interview acceptance rate is very low? I am not sure. I was reading in the thread from last cycle that they strictly enforce the 125 subsection cutoff so I am confused.

Also, is ARCOM still enforcing the 125 subsection MCAT score cutoff, because I have below that and I still got an interview very early in the cycle. Also, do they just interview everyone since it is a new program? Maybe their post-interview acceptance rate is very low? I am not sure. I was reading in the thread from last cycle that they strictly enforce the 125 subsection cutoff so I am confused.
Not sure about the cutoff but I have below 125 in one of my sections and I still got an interview. Does that imply that they will still reject me even after the interview for having a below 125? Hmmmm.

Not sure about the cutoff but I have below 125 in one of my sections and I still got an interview. Does that imply that they will still reject me even after the interview for having a below 125? Hmmmm.
Yeah I am worried about that as well. I really hope not, especially since I am traveling all the way from NJ and I really like ARCOM.

Ok so to ease your nerves and myself lol I called and spoke with someone in admissions and there is no such thing as a subsection cutoff at all, in fact there isn't even a minimum MCAT score cutoff. So we both are okay, and they only interview applicants they are strongly considering.

Reactions: 4 users
Ok so to ease your nerves and myself lol I called and spoke with someone in admissions and there is no such thing as a subsection cutoff at all, in fact there isn't even a minimum MCAT score cutoff. So we both are okay, and they only interview applicants they are strongly considering.
Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey! Just out of curiosity where are you getting these stats from? That does not seem too promising if one receives an II lol

Someone said earlier that 150 is the class size, so the actual acceptance number is much higher

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't received an email after my call from the Dean telling me I was accepted. Has any one else got an email as well?

I wanted the September 26th interview date but got a call from them yesterday telling me the earliest available date was October 30th. :bang: