2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The accepted applicant checklist is now appearing on my portal with the matriculation agreement, technical standards and the option to put down my deposit, but still have not received an acceptance phone call or email! Anyone else in the same boat? Not sure if I should start celebrating yet! Interviewed on 9/1
Congrats, you're in!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II for December 7th! I got the email at 4:17 AM EST on Friday. Weird? But anyway, happy to finally get those interviews rolling in :) Any other Dec. 7th interview people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also Interviewed on 9/1, but still nothing on the portal, accepted or applicant checklist... I guess I am getting rejected. Oh well, thought the interview went okay. Congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Also Interviewed on 9/1, but still nothing on the portal, accepted or applicant checklist... I guess I am getting rejected. Oh well, thought the interview went okay. Congrats to everyone who was admitted!
Don't give up. My stuff didn't appear for like 2 days after most who interviewed with me!

I don't remember a financial aid/scholarship discussion on interview day. Has anyone reached out to the school about what their scholarship opportunities are?

Anyone know when the rotation ranking emails go out?

If anyone is at the springhill suites or right around that area for interview tomorrow morning I have a rental van if you need a ride in the morning

do they accept updates if you were placed on the interview waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
People who interviewed Thursday (9/21): they said we should hear back by end of upcoming Friday, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the accepted student checklist items!! Does that really mean I'm accepted?!

Reactions: 1 users
9/21 interviewees -- check your portals!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! You're gonna be doctors!

To those who haven't seen an update in your portal yet, don't give up hope! Mine came ~2 days after most of the group that I interviewed with

9/21 interviewees -- check your portals!!

Same for 9/22 interviewees. I can access the accepted student checklist as of this morning but no email or call

Not sure exactly what it means though as it says my matriculation agreement is still processing and they have my undergrad listed as the wrong institution lol

interviewed on 9/21 and accepted checklist is up for me. This turnaround is way too fast that it's hard to believe it's legit but I called and confirmed so woohoo! If the timing for calls/emails is anything like the II, I bet it won't be coming for a week or two.

Congrats to everyone else who also got accepted!

Oh man. Interviewed 9/21 but nothing on my portal yet. I know some people get their acceptances later but man I can't help but feel a bit ancy!!

Interviewed 9/21 and have accepted checklist. Crazy fast turnaround time - 2 business days. Amazon Prime level...

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 9/21... Leeeetttt meeeeeeeee innnnnn. How I feel checking the portal for the 30th time today:diebanana:

I think too many are doing the same because the site keeps crashing :laugh:

II this week! LM ~70 and OOS. Dates were in late Jan.

Edit: Complete mid Sep.

Last edited:
Has there been any II wait list movement? The fact that interviews in January are filling up this early is a bit terrifying. I spend half my week on this campus as is x.x

Has there been any II wait list movement? The fact that interviews in January are filling up this early is a bit terrifying. I spend half my week on this campus as is x.x
Don't worry there will be movement and interviews from the waitlist. Applicants that get accepted this early to AZCOM have borderline MD stats so some might get into their MD choice. Also, those same applicants can be competitive for the other top DO schools, so with the tuition skyrocketing I know a lot of accepted students will reconsider paying that much for AZCOM.

Any 9/21 people out there who haven't heard back? Starting to get nervous.

9/19er who also hasn’t seen any change in the portal...does that mean flat out rejection or that they haven’t gotten to me yet?

I called the admissions office and they said no decision has been made on my application (I interviewed 9/19) so I think there is still hope

Has anyone paid the deposit? Are there new items that appear on the accepted student checklist once the deposit is paid? i.e. on-campus housing application, rotation location preference, etc.?

Has anyone paid the deposit? Are there new items that appear on the accepted student checklist once the deposit is paid? i.e. on-campus housing application, rotation location preference, etc.?
So I called about the rotations and that appears after deposit is paid

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I got my first II here and I'm Canadian. Originally I scheduled for January since those were the only dates available, but I keep checking and earlier dates are available end of October and mid November. I want to have enough time to prepare since this is my first time interviewing and I don't want to screw it up. Is it better to keep the January interview or does interviewing later in the cycle significantly hurt my chances? I appreciate any input.

Thank you!!!

Just submitted my primary, are my chances low at this point?

Hey guys, I got my first II here and I'm Canadian. Originally I scheduled for January since those were the only dates available, but I keep checking and earlier dates are available end of October and mid November. I want to have enough time to prepare since this is my first time interviewing and I don't want to screw it up. Is it better to keep the January interview or does interviewing later in the cycle significantly hurt my chances? I appreciate any input.

Thank you!!!

Take one of the earlier dates! You still have plenty of time to prepare by then and it definitely increases your chances of being accepted.

Thank you!!!

As mentioned above, take one of the earlier dates! No need to overdue the preparation - just be yourself, answer honestly, smile, show enthusiasm, and you’ll do great!

Accepted! Interviewed 09/21

Interviewed 9/19 and am able to see the Accepted Student Checklist. Guess that means I'm in?!

Interviewed 9/19 and am able to see the Accepted Student Checklist. Guess that means I'm in?!
I think so! I got the accepted student checklist but no call or email yet.