2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@AlteredScale

Two questions:

Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

And a copy of your CV/Resume

@AlteredScale

Two questions:

Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

And a copy of your CV/Resume

1500 word character limit for both questions

Where may I find last year's AZCOM thread?

Complete! It looks like the II is pretty quick turnaround after being complete. That still accurate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recommendations on where to find more information about the school to answer their why us question?

II

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
II!! First time applicant and first interview. Super excited! LizzyM ~65

Reactions: 2 users
cGPA: 3.52 | sGPA: 3.55 | MCAT: 507

CA resident, non-urm, non-trad with extensive life experience

Does anyone know the matriculation stats for AZCOM? How many people interviewed get accepted?

Secondary received! All written up but emailed to ask whether they waive that fee for those of us that qualified for assistance. I read that they and CCOM will waive if you query.

Last edited:
Do you get your II via email or just check the portal

Does anyone know the matriculation stats for AZCOM? How many people interviewed get accepted?
On a thread from another year somebody said 75% of the people they interview get accepted... but take that with a grain of salt, This is a he said, she said, he said, she said, they said, i said, kinda thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted last night. Completed this morning. Hoping for an interview! Good luck to everyone else!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Hm... I've been trying to search for some data regarding this. There's gotta be a site floating somewhere, or even a thread! MD schools have it all transparent.

Fee waived and secondary submitted. Hoping for that sweet, sweet II.

I'm excited about this II. But what does everyone think about the tuition $?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's a concern that I will take into consideration if I receive multiple acceptances. It's so dang steep.
Agreed! Holy crap. But if it's the one that says yes, then YES! Anyone else interviewing Tuesday 8/29??

Drats. Pre-interview waitlist. 3.7 GPA, 502 MCAT.

I am on waitlist as well.
Anyone know how long it takes to get off it from the past?

I am on waitlist as well.
Anyone know how long it takes to get off it from the past?
Looking at last years thread it was around January that they said they would review the file again and then interviews from January all the way until around may. It seems like AZCOM screens for a MCAT cutoff for the first batch of interviews and acceptances but Im not sure what the number is.

Looking at last years thread it was around January that they said they would review the file again and then interviews from January all the way until around may. It seems like AZCOM screens for a MCAT cutoff for the first batch of interviews and acceptances but Im not sure what the number is.

Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully I get an II in Jan.
I can agree with you about the cutoff because my score is quite low. Especially the CARS.

+1 but my MCAT is decent: 512