2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the secondary application received email, hoping for some love by the end of the week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the secondary application received email, hoping for some love by the end of the week!

Just got that too. Does anyone know if the next step is interview decision or if we get another email (such as app complete) in the middle?

You'll get an application complete and in review email then notified within 3 weeks if you receive an interview or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get an application complete and in review email then notified within 3 weeks if you receive an interview or not.

Thanks! Any idea how long the time usually is between "secondary received" and "app complete" emails?

I was received 7/6, complete 7/7, II 7/10

Anyone familiar with the Dothan area know the Uber/Lyft situation there? I might have to get an Uber/Lyft from the Dothan airport to my hotel, depending on which hotel I pick. Is Dothan in the middle-of-nowhere type of situation where there aren't a lot of uber/lyft's available at any given time?

OOS, 3.6 cGPA, 3.4-3.5 sGPA, 501 MCAT

Anyone familiar with the Dothan area know the Uber/Lyft situation there? I might have to get an Uber/Lyft from the Dothan airport to my hotel, depending on which hotel I pick. Is Dothan in the middle-of-nowhere type of situation where there aren't a lot of uber/lyft's available at any given time?

No Uber in Dothan. People have been using cabs to get around if they don't have a car (or if they're going out and don't want to drive). If you stay at the hotel near ACOM, Comfort Inn & Suites, one of the administrators come by in the morning of interview with an ACOM van to pick up interviewees staying there. There may be an ACOM discount with the hotel, but not 100% sure.

There's also a few ACOM students who have airbnbs who rent out rooms to interviewees as well.

ACOM Friendly Home - Houses for Rent in Midland City, Alabama, United States

Perfect Space for ACOM Guests and Local Travelers - Houses for Rent in Dothan, Alabama, United States

Welcome to ACOM and Southeast Alabama - Apartments for Rent in Dothan, Alabama, United States

Last edited:
Hi all I was wondering if anyone in this could help me out and tell me my chances with the school. I received my MCAT score recently and was really bummed out (scored lower than most practice). I was wondering if I had a shot here. I just applied a week ago and received secondaries today. I'm an out of state student, from MA. GPA: 3.59, sGPA 3.27 MCAT 497, ~100 hours hospital volunteering, 700 hours cancer genetics research, 60 hours shadowing, CNA certified, Greek life, Scholars, Honors & Scholars ambassador, many clubs and different community service organizations, leadership positions, organic chemistry TA, some awards, and soon to be on a publication for lab. I think most of my stats are okay besides for my MCAT. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received email today after my final LOR went in! Here's hoping for good news soon, this school sounds absolutely wonderful.

Getting worried, 2nd on 7/7 email for complete, but not app complete yet and no response yet but all the schools I have sent letters to have received them already. Whats going on. sGPA and cGPA over 3.5 and 505 MCAT. Did I submit my 2nd 1 day late.

Is it even worth applying to ACOM if I'm out of state from the Northeast with marginal stats?

Getting worried, 2nd on 7/7 email for complete, but not app complete yet and no response yet but all the schools I have sent letters to have received them already. Whats going on. sGPA and cGPA over 3.5 and 505 MCAT. Did I submit my 2nd 1 day late.
I believe they review applications weekly. It's technically up to three weeks after you're complete before they promise a response, so I think you're okay for now. Guessing we will (hopefully) hear something this week, given how prompt and speedy the ADCOM's here seem to be.

:( Waitlist pre-interview. Complete 07/04

x

**WHOOPS** this is meant for AZCOM- not Alabama. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

IS, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.2 MCAT 505

What does that mean waitlist pre interview? So they want to give you an interview but there's no available dates yet because they're full?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IS, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.2 MCAT 505

**WHOOPS** this is meant for AZCOM- not Alabama. Sorry guys.
DUDE you scared me. I have the same MCAT with lower GPA so I thought this was the end for me :laugh:

How long did it take from secondary to complete? And then to II for y'all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know ACOM's average MCAT and GPA?

** Nevermind, I saw them on the first page of this discussion **

Last edited:
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. I didn't know they were also doing the pre-interview waitlist thing.

Mind if I ask your stats and when you got the application complete email?
Yeah, neither did I! LizzyM: 63ishh
I was complete yesterday, Virginia resident so that could be why. No ties to Alabama

I'm LizzyM 63.5 so I guess this doesn't bode well for me :(
It depends on a lot of factors. Don't sell yourself short. I have gotten one II already, just be patient and let the cycle play out, the more you question your competitiveness, the more stressed you'll be

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with Vin, sorry you didn't get an II yet, but on the bright side you didn't get rejected either!

The admissions process is just strange sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It depends on a lot of factors. Don't sell yourself short. I have gotten one II already, just be patient and let the cycle play out, the more you question your competitiveness, the more stressed you'll be

Congrats on the II! Where did you get an interview from?

I WANT AN II HERE!

I just booked my hotel at the Comfort Inn & Suites! Chose that since they have a shuttle on interview day so it takes some liability off getting there and trying to park haha. If you guys check on the student interview sheet they give you special rates at certain hotels if you just call and request it! Anybody else staying here for the 8/4 interview??

Also my stats are cGPA: 3.37 sGPA:3.17 gGPA:3.69 MCAT 501 OOS ORM

I just booked my hotel at the Comfort Inn & Suites! Chose that since they have a shuttle on interview day so it takes some liability off getting there and trying to park haha. If you guys check on the student interview sheet they give you special rates at certain hotels if you just call and request it! Anybody else staying here for the 8/4 interview??
I booked this hotel also!

I'll be interviewing August 11th, because...II and 11th look the same, therefore I'll utilize my II chance on the 11th. Boom.

Reactions: 4 users
II on August 11th! See ya'll in Dothan.

Reactions: 2 users
I got an II for August 11th!!! WOO!!!!

I'll be interviewing August 11th, because...II and 11th look the same, therefore I'll utilize my II chance on the 11th. Boom.

SDN Friend looks like we're going places :soexcited:

EDIT: I got an II but scheduled for the 11th.

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone getting interviews today, what day were you complete?

Reactions: 1 users