2017-2018 ADEA Official Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krvstak

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just curious if any of you know if/when the online version would be available for purchase. Currently only the printed version is available.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them about it a few days ago and got a response a couple of hours ago. Here's what they said...

"Based on feedback we’ve received about the previous online edition, we are developing a more robust online version of the Official Guide and the anticipated launch is this summer. The new online version is a database containing the content from the dental school profiles in the print edition, and will feature searchable and filterable data fields and a responsive, mobile-friendly format. When we have a more firm launch date we will update the Official Guide webpage (adea.org/officialguide) and make announcements on the GoDental website (adea.org/godental)."

Not sure how this will help those of us trying to apply early in this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them about it a few days ago and got a response a couple of hours ago. Here's what they said...

"Based on feedback we’ve received about the previous online edition, we are developing a more robust online version of the Official Guide and the anticipated launch is this summer. The new online version is a database containing the content from the dental school profiles in the print edition, and will feature searchable and filterable data fields and a responsive, mobile-friendly format. When we have a more firm launch date we will update the Official Guide webpage (adea.org/officialguide) and make announcements on the GoDental website (adea.org/godental)."

Not sure how this will help those of us trying to apply early in this cycle!

:-/ I was really hoping to get the online version as I am (hopefully) applying early this cycle as well.... They also increased the price of the print version so I could only imagine that the online version would also be more expensive.... haha yay.

Yep...same. I'm bummed that it won't come out until after I need it!! I guess I'll be biting the bullet and buying the print edition. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that is very expensive.

I have a question, what are the benefits of this book?

It gives you a ton of useful information about every dental school: how many people apply, get accepted, the stat range and averages for the matriculating class in terms of DAT and GPA, any specific course requirements, class size, contact information for people at the school (useful when you need to call someone in admissions), in state and out of state acceptance rates, # of acceptances from each state, basically almost any stat you can think of that will help you narrow down your list of schools to apply to.

Reactions: 1 users
It gives you a ton of useful information about every dental school: how many people apply, get accepted, the stat range and averages for the matriculating class in terms of DAT and GPA, any specific course requirements, class size, contact information for people at the school (useful when you need to call someone in admissions), in state and out of state acceptance rates, # of acceptances from each state, basically almost any stat you can think of that will help you narrow down your list of schools to apply to.
Thanks for explaining this to me, but I saw that we have something similar on SDN, is it outdated