2016 PHAP (Public Health Associate Program) application - General discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from the northeastern regions (excluding NY/NJ)? I am still anxiously awaiting a call, and the NE was in my top 2 regional preferences. Hoping that has something to do with it! Thanks.
I'm waiting to hear from anywhere in New England as well! I know of one person who got an offer in CT but turned it down, and that is the only comment regarding the region. We're in the same boat, friend! Good luck :) Hope we both get placed.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting to hear from anywhere in New England as well! I know of one person who got an offer in CT but turned it down, and that is the only comment regarding the region. We're in the same boat, friend! Good luck :) Hope we both get placed.
Likewise! Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
I've been fighting battles between my head & heart. I've about 6 years of PH experience and an MPH. I had accepted the offer but still kind of wondering whether I've really made the right decision, yet still I wouldn't want to just waste this opportunity. With PHAP being an entry level job position, my greatest fear is the job security post the 2 year PHAP fellowship, besides I read somewhere that PHAP is purposely designed for fresh undergraduates? Thus, my million dollar question is what will be the likelihood for landing a PHA job at for instance - G 12 - after going through the 2 year PHAP program and with an MPH and some of PH experience?

Kindly help me make an informed and wise decision!!!

Thank you.

So first of all CDC does not grantee positions at headquarters but they do offer some positions to recent PHAPs graduating that they see through the resume book. With your experience, you're going to have a significant pay cut and basically start from scratch in this program. You will only be eligible for GS-9 positions coming out of PHAP since you will have completed the GS-7 in your last year of PHAP. From personal experience I recently got a position at headquarters and accepted the offer but I was not given any promotional potential. So again you'll just have to work your way up to a GS-12 after a few years. It also depends what CIO wants you and how much funding they have to give your promotional potential. Feel free to message me again (I think I talked to you last time about this too) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys for anyone who did not get into PHAP I saw this posting online with NIH...

ATTENTION!! We are seeking recent graduates from a Master's Program to be part of a Rotational Intern Program cohort! This program is well-suited for recent graduate students who are interested in a career in human resources staffing in OHR Client Services and have graduated within the last two years. This will be a paid, full time opportunity and would start in September 2016. Interested candidates please send your resume, cover letter, two references, and transcript to (OHRIntern@od.nih.gov). https://jobs.nih.gov/vacancies/student/

Attachments

• ext.jpg
    ext.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 57
Hi everyone! I'm a recently accepted PHAP with a question for current PHAP associates regarding health benefits that maybe can benefit some other incoming PHAPs, too.

Currently I'm planning to postpone electing any health benefits until after the presentation at orientation, but I do want to get a head start considering my options of whether I should stay on my parents' insurance benefits (since I'm only 24) or pursue options via the CDC. Right now I have United Healthcare for health insurance with a broad range of providers and decent co-pays ($25 general office, $40 speciality or urgent care, $150 ER), and I also have MetLife Dental and Davis Vision (which also have providers where I'm relocating to). Are the plans offered by the CDC competitive with that/are the co-pays any cheaper? I'm sure prices and co-pays may be different depending what options you elect into, but generally are the CDC options reasonably priced/about how much do they cost? I also currently don't have a flexible spending account so I'd be interested to hear if anyone has that and how it's worked out for them. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm a recently accepted PHAP with a question for current PHAP associates regarding health benefits that maybe can benefit some other incoming PHAPs, too.

Currently I'm planning to postpone electing any health benefits until after the presentation at orientation, but I do want to get a head start considering my options of whether I should stay on my parents' insurance benefits (since I'm only 24) or pursue options via the CDC. Right now I have United Healthcare for health insurance with a broad range of providers and decent co-pays ($25 general office, $40 speciality or urgent care, $150 ER), and I also have MetLife Dental and Davis Vision (which also have providers where I'm relocating to). Are the plans offered by the CDC competitive with that/are the co-pays any cheaper? I'm sure prices and co-pays may be different depending what options you elect into, but generally are the CDC options reasonably priced/about how much do they cost? I also currently don't have a flexible spending account so I'd be interested to hear if anyone has that and how it's worked out for them. Thanks!

The health benefits are run through the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB). The plans vary based on location, but can be found here: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/plans/

The plans vary widely based on your needs, and how much you want to pay. (Personally, I have one of the cheapest options at $50 every two weeks).

As with almost all federal employees, the CDC covers 75% of the total plan premiums, leaving you to pay the remaining 25% (automatically deducted from you paycheck, and untaxed). You can additionally sign up for vision and dental if you so choose. through benefeds.com. I wouldn't necessarily wait until after orientation, they only discuss how to sign up; choosing a plan is up to you.

Good luck

Hi All! I received an offer in Tallahassee, FL! I'm excited and thankful. If anyone is familiar with the area and have any suggestion on apartments/living area, please let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi All! I received an offer in Tallahassee, FL! I'm excited and thankful. If anyone is familiar with the area and have any suggestion on apartments/living area, please let me know. Thanks!
Congratulations! You got the offer yesterday?

Got an offer for Alberquerque, NM. On the fence as it is a big pay cut and one of the few states I dont know a soul. Please message me if you work or worked at this location with some thoughts on your experiences and advice on the location in general.

has anyone heard back from the background check yet? or has anyone received an official offer from their HR rep?

Thanks! I'm still waiting for an offer and deciding if I should remain hopeful. It's nice to know that they're still making calls!
Yes, you should remain hopeful. I'll be honest, I kind of lost hope and just put it in my head that all positions were taken since offers began in June. It wasn't until I was able to stop stressing and checking this forum religiously that I got the call. After all, something about you stood out for the CDC to request an interview with you. Keep hope alive and praying. I'm pretty sure a lot of people may turn offers down due to the pay cut, moving out of state, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi-new to commenting but I've been reading the forum for a while. I am still holding out hope that I was placed somewhere (I preferenced the Midwest or Northeast), but I was wondering--will the CDC tell you if you WEREN'T placed? Or do you just have to suffer in silence?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi again Dear Forum! So Denver CO here with a question about the background checks. I did as many of the checklist items as possible (but I waited on electing the healthcare and one other insurance -thrift savings I think because it asked for my thrift savings number, which I do not have obviously)- I requested transcripts etc but with the July 4th weekend I am hoping the transcripts arrive by the due date (tomorrow). The confusing thing is, I got an E-QIP email and I thought it was from the CDC but as I look more closely it seems to be from the VA (a position I am turning down). Can anyone tell me what the E-QIP email will look like when it comes from the CDC? The email I am looking at has contact people listed with va.gov addresses, does anyone know if the CDC E-QIP invitation has cdc.gov contact addresses??? Thanks, and sorry for the perhaps confusing post!

Hi everyone,

I got an offer this week! I honestly had thought my interview went terribly and was seriously not expecting one. It is for a city in my 2nd or 3rd place region (can't remember which). Really wish I'd gotten it a week ago because I accepted an offer for another job and now I have to back out of that one. I know it sounds useless if you are still waiting for your offer but just keep looking for other options and stay hopeful because they are still making calls! From my convo it sounds like they are really trying to place people in locations ideal to the applicants and within your selected regions, so if you haven't gotten an offer it might not be anything personal about you/your interview but that your region didn't correspond to where they needed someone. Still very shocked that I got an offer but am very excited.

has anyone heard back from the background check yet? or has anyone received an official offer from their HR rep?
Yes and I have received my official offer/welcome letter. After my fingerprinting it took about 2 days for the security person to email saying that I was cleared and I just received my final offer letter I was told I was cleared on 6/30 and got the official letter on 7/12. If you have a Facebook there's a group called 2016 phap. There are some of us on there talking about these type of things and exchanging info on out locations

Yes and I have received my official offer/welcome letter. After my fingerprinting it took about 2 days for the security person to email saying that I was cleared and I just received my final offer letter I was told I was cleared on 6/30 and got the official letter on 7/12. If you have a Facebook there's a group called 2016 phap. There are some of us on there talking about these type of things and exchanging info on out locations

Thanks for the update! I had my fingerprinting done on July 1st. The only thing I've heard from the security folks was that I messed up some info on my e-QIP, so I haven't gotten my final offer letter yet :bored: I'll be sure to join the facebook group though!

Hey, I'm Denver as well. The CDC e-quip email will say cdc.gov. In the signature of the email, it will have the contact information of the person who does your background check, the physical address and email will reference the CDC. It may help if you called your HR contact, to see where you stand the process. Hopefully, this helps. Best of luck!
Did you join the 2016 PHAP FB group? Thank you for the info!!!

Hi there, I'm new to the forum (I've been window shopping for months but this is my first time posting). I received a tentative offer via email last Thursday and accepted today. I was assigned to the OSTLTS, Office of the Director, located in Barnstable Massachusetts. Any previous PHAP Associates/residents of the area/or anyone who knows previous associates who have served in this area? I will be relocating from Richmond, VA. I knew I'd take a pay cut, but I didn't realize just how expensive apartments are in MA. Anyone want to share how they plan to make the transition?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email that said congratulations on your provisional offer from CDC, the only thing listed in the email is about how to update my mailing address if need be, but nothing else. I'm a bit confused if it is a mistake or if more information will come?

I received an email that said congratulations on your provisional offer from CDC, the only thing listed in the email is about how to update my mailing address if need be, but nothing else. I'm a bit confused if it is a mistake or if more information will come?

Hello there! Had you received a call or any other information from them prior? If not, that is very odd, but I would take it as a good sign! I heard from an HR rep that they are planning to continue rolling out offers until August 31st, so it seems like the process of getting all candidates selected by different sites is taking a bit longer than usual. Good news for the rest of us :) Wishing you all the best!

Hi there, I'm new to the forum (I've been window shopping for months but this is my first time posting). I received a tentative offer via email last Thursday and accepted today. I was assigned to the OSTLTS, Office of the Director, located in Barnstable Massachusetts. Any previous PHAP Associates/residents of the area/or anyone who knows previous associates who have served in this area? I will be relocating from Richmond, VA. I knew I'd take a pay cut, but I didn't realize just how expensive apartments are in MA. Anyone want to share how they plan to make the transition?

Congratulations! This is so exciting, Barnstable is BEAUTIFUL and you will be close to a lot of great cities - Boston, Providence, P-Town, and Hyannis. If I were you, I would look into apartments in Falmouth. It's a very short commute into Barnstable and cost of living tends to be a little cheaper. You might have to swing for roommates, but you'll likely wind up living with one additional person rather than three. Advice - prepare for some intense winters. If you're from VA and haven't experienced a New England winter yet, the cold can be a bit of a surprise, and the Cape gets a good amount of snow (which gets worse as you drive inland, away from the bay). Invest in a really cozy winter jacket and hat! You are going to absolutely love it up here.

Last edited:

I received this exact message as well. I've tried calling my HR rep and the general PHAP number for clarification, and no one has gotten back to me. I'm pretty confused as well. Do you think we have to reply if our mailing addresses are the same as the application, or ignore the email?

Just throwing this out - be extra patient these next couple of weeks. I think that it is vacation time at HQ and they are moving a little more slowly than normal.

Reactions: 2 users
Just throwing this out - be extra patient these next couple of weeks. I think that it is vacation time at HQ and they are moving a little more slowly than normal.

You have no idea how much better this makes me feel :)

You have no idea how much better this makes me feel :)

Honestly government HR is pretty terrible and being patient is the best way to go. I know it sucks especially when most of you are looking for housing right now but every thing will work out.

As a reference, here was my hiring timeline back in 2014 based on my email history

-7/7/14 Recieve call from PHAP and my acceptance into the program
-8/6/14 HR begins my onboarding paperwork
-8/10/14 Receive email on Tentative Offer: PHAP Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-05
-9/9/14 Receive official offer letter from CDC and information on my host site supervisor
-10/5/14 First Day at host site

Hope this helps...

Hey! I also got an offer in Albuquerque. Did you end up taking it?

Anna
Got an offer for Alberquerque, NM. On the fence as it is a big pay cut and one of the few states I dont know a soul. Please message me if you work or worked at this location with some thoughts on your experiences and advice on the location in general.

Hello there! Had you received a call or any other information from them prior? If not, that is very odd, but I would take it as a good sign! I heard from an HR rep that they are planning to continue rolling out offers until August 31st, so it seems like the process of getting all candidates selected by different sites is taking a bit longer than usual. Good news for the rest of us :) Wishing you all the best!
No I hadn't heard anything before the email and nothing since. I tried to call the general number for PHAP and all she could tell me was to reply that my contact information is correct. She sounded like she thought it was weird I had not received a call yet either. Hoping it is a real offer and not that I accidently got an email :)

I received this exact message as well. I've tried calling my HR rep and the general PHAP number for clarification, and no one has gotten back to me. I'm pretty confused as well. Do you think we have to reply if our mailing addresses are the same as the application, or ignore the email?
I replied with my information saying that what they had was correct. The difference is that I don't have an HR rep because this is the first I've heard/received anything.

Congratulations! This is so exciting, Barstanble is BEAUTIFUL and you will be close to a lot of great cities - Boston, Providence, P-Town, and Hyannis. If I were you, I would look into apartments in Falmouth. It's a very short commute into Barnstable and cost of living tends to be a little cheaper. You might have to swing for roommates, but you'll likely wind up living with one additional person rather than three. Advice - prepare for some intense winters. If you're from VA and haven't experienced a New England winter yet, the cold can be a bit of a surprise, and the Cape gets a good amount of snow (which gets worse as you drive inland, away from the bay). Invest in a really cozy winter jacket and hat! You are going to absolutely love it up here.

That is very helpful. I have to admit I felt like I was spinning my wheels there for a second. I'm actually originally from NC, only been in VA for about a year and a half, so thank you for the disclaimer. I can't wait for the experience. I'm so excited!

Honestly government HR is pretty terrible and being patient is the best way to go. I know it sucks especially when most of you are looking for housing right now but every thing will work out.

As a reference, here was my hiring timeline back in 2014 based on my email history

-7/7/14 Recieve call from PHAP and my acceptance into the program
-8/6/14 HR begins my onboarding paperwork
-8/10/14 Receive email on Tentative Offer: PHAP Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-05
-9/9/14 Receive official offer letter from CDC and information on my host site supervisor
-10/5/14 First Day at host site

Hope this helps...

Thank you for posting this! This is what I was waiting for someone to post. This is helpful. Can anyone from 2015 and 2016 post a timeline similar to this?

Received my welcome letter and placement today! Here's my timeline. I tried to be pretty detailed because when I lurked on these boards in search of help/guidance, these timelines were pretty useful!

6/20 (around 3pm CST) – received call from HR rep offering me a position
6/21 – received a follow up email from HR rep with the tentative offer
6/22 – replied back to HR rep accepting the tentative offer
6/22 – received a series of Onboarding Manager emails with registration directions, registered later that evening and started completing some forms.
6/24 – completed the Declaration of Federal Employment form (which jumpstarted my background check)
6/24 – emailed official transcript to HR rep
6/26 – received an email from the Security Services Offices with directions for the background check
6/30 – completed all e-QIP forms
7/1 – got fingerprinted
7/5 – notified that my HR rep received my emailed transcript
7/14 – got an email from a senior security specialist saying that I filled out one of the e-QIP forms incorrectly and asked me to send in some additional info
7/15 – sent in that additional info via email
7/21 – emailed HR rep for a background check status update, received reply a couple hours later saying that I was cleared and to expect an official welcome letter soon
7/22 - received official welcome letter

EDIT: spelling errors

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Received my welcome letter and placement today! Here's my timeline. I tried to be pretty detailed because when I lurked on these boards in search of help/guidance, these timelines were pretty useful!

6/20 (around 3pm CST) – received call from HR rep offering me a position
6/21 – received a follow up email from HR rep with the tentative offer
6/22 – replied back to HR rep accepting the tentative offer
6/22 – received a series Onboarding Manger emails with registration directions, registered later that evening and started completing some forms.
6/24 – completed the Declaration of Federal Employment form (which jumpstarted my background check)
6/24 – emailed official transcript to HR rep
6/26 – received an email from the Security Services Offices with directions for the background check
6/30 – completed all e-QIP forms
7/1 – got fingerprinted
7/5 – notified that my HR rep received my emailed transcript
7/14 – got an email from a senior security specialist saying that I filled out one of the e-QIP forms incorrectly and asked me to send in some additional info
7/15 – sent in that additional info via email
7/21 – emailed HR rep for a background check status update, received reply a couple hours later saying that I was cleared and to expect an official welcome letter soon
7/22 - received official welcome letter
Thank you! This is so helpful, I am sure that this will help current and future candidates. Thanks again!

Hey guys, I was hoping that someone can help me with this. After accepting my offer, I was given the forms to fill out on the Onboarding Manager site, which I did (except for the benefit forms, which we have until 6 weeks after our start date to complete). I received a call saying that reciprocity applies to my background check from my previous internship, so I never received a call or email about fingerprinting or e-QIP. I was told on Monday (7/18) that offer letters were being sent out this week, but I have yet to receive anything else. Am I missing something or do I just have to wait for my offer letter in the mail? Thanks!

Hi all,

I recently received an offer for the PHAP program, but have had essentially zero communication with the PHAP program managers. Nobody is answering my emails or calls. Tomorrow is my last day to decide whether to accept or not, and I am beginning to lose hope of my questions being answered. I am hoping that someone here will have the information I need.
- What is the start date of the program? What is the end date?
- Are these dates flexible? My main concern is that I want to go to medical school after completing the program and I am not sure if the end date will accommodate this.
- Have they put any of you in contact with the person you are replacing? I think that would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I recently received an offer for the PHAP program, but have had essentially zero communication with the PHAP program managers. Nobody is answering my emails or calls. Tomorrow is my last day to decide whether to accept or not, and I am beginning to lose hope of my questions being answered. I am hoping that someone here will have the information I need.
- Are these dates flexible? My main concern is that I want to go to medical school after completing the program and I am not sure if the end date will accommodate this.
- Have they put any of you in contact with the person you are replacing? I think that would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

So, the start date is October 3rd and I believe the end date will be October 3rd (or around there) in 2018. I would say that the start date is most likely not flexible. However, I have heard from past PHAPs that the end date can be flexible especially if you have plans of attending medical school that fall, so I would not let that deter you.

As for your last question, in this fellowship you are not necessarily replacing anyone because there may not have been somebody at your location before you since host sites must apply to receive a fellow just like we applied to be fellows. For example, my host location is Denver but my host is Denver Department of Environmental Health and they do not currently have a fellow so there would be no one for me to contact.

Hope this helped answer your questions and best of luck with you decision!

I got an email offer today for Oklahoma City. I am stressed and excited at the same time. Although, I am not certain, if I'm going to accept. I will have to sleep on it. My head is all over the place.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

-The start date is the Monday of the first pay period in October, in this case October 3rd 2016. This date is not flexible baring some sort of extreme extenuating circumstance.

-Similarly the end date is the end of the first pay period in October. (This hasnt been set for 2018 yet) This date is much more flexible, generally you're considered to have completed the program in May of your second year. At that point most associates look for other jobs or look to school. If you're hired by the CDC they will make an offer by July and you will convert to the new position after the official end date in October. If you were to resign in Aug of your second year to attend Medical School, then no one would fault you. People leave the program all the time, a 2014 assocaite at my host site left last month for a similar and better paying position at a health department in her hometown. Two people from my team (2015 cohort) have already left for other jobs, one in the private and one in the public sector, and no one was upset and they can still put CDC on their resume.

-Finally, you will most likely not be replacing anyone. Your host site might not have had a PHAP before you, they may have other PHAPs that you will work concurrently with. or you may replace a PHAP but work in a completely different area. As such they don't put you in contact with anyone, that said when they tell you where you are feel free to look up on the PHAP website if there are other PHAPs at your host site and reach out to them on your own.

Hi Incoming 2016 Associates,

If you have accepted, but are still uneasy about your decision. I HIGHLY recommend that you reach out to your CDC supervisor and request a copy of your host site application. Knowing the kind of work you will be doing over the next two years will save you time and heartache. As a former associate noted: PHAP is what you make of it and flexibility is key. With that said, if you use your resources here and glance over that application it may give you a better idea of your next two years!

Hi Incoming 2016 Associates,

If you have accepted, but are still uneasy about your decision. I HIGHLY recommend that you reach out to your CDC supervisor and request a copy of your host site application. Knowing the kind of work you will be doing over the next two years will save you time and heartache. As a former associate noted: PHAP is what you make of it and flexibility is key. With that said, if you use your resources here and glance over that application it may give you a better idea of your next two years!
This is a very valid and good point! At what point do we find out whose our CDC supervisor? After receiving a final offer? Will that then be too late to back out? I'm just curious.

-The start date is the Monday of the first pay period in October, in this case October 3rd 2016. This date is not flexible baring some sort of extreme extenuating circumstance.

-Similarly the end date is the end of the first pay period in October. (This hasnt been set for 2018 yet) This date is much more flexible, generally you're considered to have completed the program in May of your second year. At that point most associates look for other jobs or look to school. If you're hired by the CDC they will make an offer by July and you will convert to the new position after the official end date in October. If you were to resign in Aug of your second year to attend Medical School, then no one would fault you. People leave the program all the time, a 2014 assocaite at my host site left last month for a similar and better paying position at a health department in her hometown. Two people from my team (2015 cohort) have already left for other jobs, one in the private and one in the public sector, and no one was upset and they can still put CDC on their resume.

-Finally, you will most likely not be replacing anyone. Your host site might not have had a PHAP before you, they may have other PHAPs that you will work concurrently with. or you may replace a PHAP but work in a completely different area. As such they don't put you in contact with anyone, that said when they tell you where you are feel free to look up on the PHAP website if there are other PHAPs at your host site and reach out to them on your own.

Though I haven't yet received an offer from PHAP, I'm optimistic about the possibility of receiving an offer in August (HR has informed me that they're rolling out offers until August 31st). That said, I am starring in a community theatre production of The Little Mermaid, with final shows the weekend of October 14-16th. Do you think that will be "extenuating circumstance" enough? I've dreamed of playing Ariel since I was a child and would be really heartbroken to give up either of these opportunities. Musical Theatre is what gives me the joy to keep approaching work that can be challenging and stressful in an upbeat and determined way. Life goal = do both.

Though I haven't yet received an offer from PHAP, I'm optimistic about the possibility of receiving an offer in August (HR has informed me that they're rolling out offers until August 31st). That said, I am starring in a community theatre production of The Little Mermaid, with final shows the weekend of October 14-16th. Do you think that will be "extenuating circumstance" enough? I've dreamed of playing Ariel since I was a child and would be really heartbroken to give up either of these opportunities. Musical Theatre is what gives me the joy to keep approaching work that can be challenging and stressful in an upbeat and determined way. Life goal = do both.
In a word- no. I love music and the arts and applaud that you will get to do this, but you have to be present at work on October 3rd to be sworn into federal service. Extenuating circumstances here is probably limited to deaths in the family and jury duty or other required civic obligations.

That said - maybe you can work it out. I don't know your rehearsal schedule or where you would be placed, but you may end up close enough to travel to rehearsal and shows.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that, but the federal government doesn't mess around :/

Hi everyone- I have a question about the e-QIP stuff! So does our work history need to match the resume we turned into USAJobs or are we emailing them a different, non-USAJobs resume that the work history needs to match? Also, do we send our transcript again to the security person or is the one we sent to our HR person what they are looking for?

Hi everyone- I have a question about the e-QIP stuff! So does our work history need to match the resume we turned into USAJobs or are we emailing them a different, non-USAJobs resume that the work history needs to match? Also, do we send our transcript again to the security person or is the one we sent to our HR person what they are looking for?

Hi,

I can't exactly answer the question regarding the work history matching that from the USAjobs account. I think that as long as you cover the last 5 years of employment, and that it also reflects what is in the application you should be fine. My work history in my USAJobs resume was not as exhaustive as the work history that I added to e-QIP.

As far as your transcript - I sent my transcript to the HR person that sent me my tentative offer. The request for the transcript was included in the position offer. I sent my transcript immediately, but she has yet to download it. I actually called last week just to confirm that she did receive it. Apparently she has a pretty big backlog and is getting an assistant to work on downloading transcripts.

I second what many have said thus far about the waiting process. Get started on this requirements now because the wait is already long enough...

Hi,

I can't exactly answer the question regarding the work history matching that from the USAjobs account. I think that as long as you cover the last 5 years of employment, and that it also reflects what is in the application you should be fine. My work history in my USAJobs resume was not as exhaustive as the work history that I added to e-QIP.

As far as your transcript - I sent my transcript to the HR person that sent me my tentative offer. The request for the transcript was included in the position offer. I sent my transcript immediately, but she has yet to download it. I actually called last week just to confirm that she did receive it. Apparently she has a pretty big backlog and is getting an assistant to work on downloading transcripts.

I second what many have said thus far about the waiting process. Get started on this requirements now because the wait is already long enough...

Thanks for your help! :) Did you put down any volunteer work as work experience? I had a volunteer internship but am not sure if it counts as work experience or if I should only put down paid work.

Thanks for your help! :) Did you put down any volunteer work as work experience? I had a volunteer internship but am not sure if it counts as work experience or if I should only put down paid work.

I actually can speak to this issue. My security specialist said I got my e-QIP form wrong because I only listed my paid positions. The instructions said to chronologically list each period of paid employment, so I interpreted that to mean that I shouldn't list my unpaid internships. Instead I listed my dumb waitressing and sales associate jobs because those were the places that paid my bills while I did those unpaid internships. Then I got a call from the security specialist saying that my e-QIP didn't match my resume because, of course, I only listed my professional (unpaid) internships on my resume. I ended up having to send my security specialist the addresses/phone numbers of those unpaid internships.

So the point of this story is, list those unpaid internships/volunteer work if you wrote them on your resume. I think their main concern is consistency with the information you provided! I can't say whether or not you should list part-time retail or restaurant jobs like I did, but I'd air on the side of caution and list them.

I actually can speak to this issue. My security specialist said I got my e-QIP form wrong because I only listed my paid positions. The instructions said to chronologically list each period of paid employment, so I interpreted that to mean that I shouldn't list my unpaid internships. Instead I listed my dumb waitressing and sales associate jobs because those were the places that paid my bills while I did those unpaid internships. Then I got a call from the security specialist saying that my e-QIP didn't match my resume because, of course, I only listed my professional (unpaid) internships on my resume. I ended up having to send my security specialist the addresses/phone numbers of those unpaid internships.

So the point of this story is, list those unpaid internships/volunteer work if you wrote them on your resume. I think their main concern is consistency with the information you provided! I can't say whether or not you should list part-time retail or restaurant jobs like I did, but I'd air on the side of caution and list them.

dang it, I ended up turning it in last night because I was getting close to the 3 day deadline and was nervous. I asked my security specialist right after they sent my email and tried calling them but they've never responded. Guess I'll have some corrections to make lol