2016-2017 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got rejected today for 2018 class after secondaries Good luck every one

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I'm applying for the 2018 cycle. I got an interview invite and I scheduled the earliest in November. I was wondering if this is too late for WVU MD? I'm OOS, LizzyM: 71. I want to schedule earlier if they have openings in September. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. MS1 in WVU Med currently.

Most of the students here do have WV ties or ties to the region. There are some individuals from distant locations of the country, in my class.
A couple of people from Utah, Florida, Wisconsin, the North East. Everyone else is from Appalachia.
It is possible to get in even if you don't have ties.

I have an interview in October with WVU Med, I am starting to prepare but am pretty nervous, can you tell me some of the questions that you were asked during the interview? How many people were on the interview panel, was it a relaxed setting, etc.

I have an interview in October with WVU Med, I am starting to prepare but am pretty nervous, can you tell me some of the questions that you were asked during the interview? How many people were on the interview panel, was it a relaxed setting, etc.

Two interviewers total. I think they currently do one interviewer at a time now. The questions are low key and usually about you. This will be the most laid back interview that you have. Best advice is to be you and give them a reason to like you and want to advocate for you when they go before the committee that makes the big decision.

Last year, it was two 1-on-1 interviews at 20 (or 25) minutes each. I wouldn't say it was the most laid back interview I have had (one interviewer grilled me pretty hard) but they did try to keep it conversational. As long as you know why you want to go to WVU, your motivations in medicine and your activities, you'll be A-okay :) Amusingly, the admission staff told us that our interviewers could not advocate for us while the interviewers and medical students told us they could :confused:

Rejected_stamp.png

No idea when I was complete, OOS.

Reactions: 1 user