2016-2017 Virginia Tech Carilion Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who interviewed today: did they give a date for when the next batch of decisions come out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope. They just said March.

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like I met some incredibly kind (and impressive!) fellow interviewees at this school today. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I felt like I met some incredibly kind (and impressive!) fellow interviewees at this school today. Best of luck everyone!

Everyone I met was great! VTC definitely gets some exceptional applicants. I was a bit intimidated for a while then I realized they'd invited me for a reason too. Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected just now pre-II. Complete mid-August and OOS!

For those that have heard decisions, what has been the timeline? At my interview day they mentioned we would hear in March but I'm curious when in the month I could hear?

For those that have heard decisions, what has been the timeline? At my interview day they mentioned we would hear in March but I'm curious when in the month I could hear?

I was one of the individuals that heard a decision from the October/November cohort in December. I remember I heard relatively late in the Month, which was around the week of the 20th. However, I remember that the admissions committee is also quite nice in posting on SDN when admissions offers go out. I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
The VTCSOM Admissions team will be making acceptance phone calls for the Jan/Feb interview groups starting today! :)

Hey guys! Does anybody know if there's a Facebook group for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad :)
The VTCSOM Admissions team will be making acceptance phone calls for the Jan/Feb interview groups starting today! :)

Hopefully y'all saved one for me! Good luck everyone!

Accepted! I fell in love with this school from the inception! So happy to be going to my number 1 choice school!

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping for that magical phone call! Does anybody know how the waitlist process works?

I had a missed call from Roanoke and tried to call back, but I got a message saying it was a "nonworking number". I'm really hoping it's good news!

Hoping for that magical phone call! Does anybody know how the waitlist process works?

Supposedly they will offer more acceptances after/around traffic day for those who are "alternate listed." I think that means everyone who was alternate listed will get re-reviewed, and they'll send out a survey for updates and such if you want to remain on the alternate list probably in April. Those who are not accepted in the final round will then be on the waitlist.

At least that's how I understood it.

I had a missed call from Roanoke and tried to call back, but I got a message saying it was a "nonworking number". I'm really hoping it's good news!

That's what happened to me! It was so hard to be patient but they finally called me back! :)

Sure sounds like it!

When did they call? It looks like I probably missed the boat...

Sure sounds like it!

When did they call? It looks like I probably missed the boat...
Same.. :/
Though in last year's thread, there were a few that received an email acceptance the next day.

Got a call right as I was waking up. Happy Pi day!

i got accepted a while back but i'm pretty sure i am attending here in the fall. I'm excited to start and meet everyone =)

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!

Just got the email that they have finished all of their calls for this round

Just got the email that they have finished all of their calls for this round

The email also said they do a "April round of acceptances" so there should be some movement in April plus the usual movement in May/June.

This is not usual for a school that has stopped interviewing. Do a lot of people withdraw from VTC?

I imagine that they want to give us a financial aid package before April 30th so I'm hoping April acceptances are early in the month.

The email also said they do a "April round of acceptances" so there should be some movement in April plus the usual movement in May/June.

This is not usual for a school that has stopped interviewing. Do a lot of people withdraw from VTC?

I imagine that they want to give us a financial aid package before April 30th so I'm hoping April acceptances are early in the month.

Last year, the April round happened around the 5th of May.

I would imagine they do things this way because their class size is so small. It is a unique place, so I would think a decent number go elsewhere if they don't fit as well as they'd like.

Last edited:
Last year, the April round happened around the 5th so I would expect it to be early month.

I would imagine they do things this way because their class size is so small. It is a unique place, so I would think a decent number go elsewhere if they don't fit as well as they'd like.

So people who interviewed earlier could be accepted in the April round before the update form goes out?

Are there any current VT students on this thread that could comment on the amount of movement during April/May?

So people who interviewed earlier could be accepted in the April round before the update form goes out?

From what I saw, the "April" round of acceptances didn't happen until early May, after traffic day

From what I saw, the "April" round of acceptances didn't happen until early May, after traffic day

Now that I think about it, it might have been the 5th of May. I'll edit my previous post.

Reactions: 1 users
Just submitted my intent to matriculate form! Anyone else set on attending VTC for medical school?

Got the email from VTC about sending additional info! Hopefully these help us!

Just submitted my intent to matriculate form! Anyone else set on attending VTC for medical school?
Also just submitted! Hoping that a facebook group gets started soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many students typically are selected from this April round of selections, along with (roughly) how many students eventually get pulled from the waitlist?

Also, it seems like in years past, the decisions for this final round haven't gone out until May. Is this to be anticipated this year as well?

Does anyone know how many students typically are selected from this April round of selections, along with (roughly) how many students eventually get pulled from the waitlist?

Also, it seems like in years past, the decisions for this final round haven't gone out until May. Is this to be anticipated this year as well?
Not at all. I'm not sure if you've read/received the email regarding updates, but it does clearly state that they "anticipate contacting applicants who are selected in our April round of voting during the week of April 17-21," so even if they're a week late, decisions would still go out in April.

Any current students watching this thread who can provide this years match results? It doesn't look like that info is available on the VTC website. Thanks :)

Any current students watching this thread who can provide this years match results? It doesn't look like that info is available on the VTC website. Thanks :)

If you go to YouTube and look up VTC match day 2017 you will find it. I just skipped ahead to the actual match announcements part and I have to say, I thought the list was pretty impressive. Check it out!

If you go to YouTube and look up VTC match day 2017 you will find it. I just skipped ahead to the actual match announcements part and I have to say, I thought the list was pretty impressive. Check it out!

Thank you! I just watched it and I recommend others do as well. Pretty impressive!!

Also just submitted! Hoping that a facebook group gets started soon!

So awesome! Glad to meet a future classmate! Hope you enjoy some time off before the school grind begins.

Well, I just got accepted to another DO school with a $1000 deposit due in 2 weeks. Hopefully VTC will give me that call on that timeline they gave us!

Can anyone comment on the amount of financial aid offered? I remember a student at my interview saying everyone automatically got a certain baseline scholarship but don't remember the amount...

Good luck to everyone this week as we wait for them to make their calls!

Good luck to everyone this week as we wait for them to make their calls!

I feel like in past threads it's always been later than what they originally said so hopefully it actually is this week

I feel like in past threads it's always been later than what they originally said so hopefully it actually is this week
Just looked at the thread from last year. They gave the calls a week and a half later than what they were saying on the thread so maybe next week or something, unless they do stick to the week of the 17th like they mentioned in the email.

Just looked at the thread from last year. They gave the calls a week and a half later than what they were saying on the thread so maybe next week or something, unless they do stick to the week of the 17th like they mentioned in the email.

I wish I could call but I don't wanna be annoying or anything! The anticipation is wild!

A Facebook groups been made! Does anyone know if it's okay to join it?

A Facebook groups been made! Does anyone know if it's okay to join it?

I just know they said they would send out a link - I'm sure it's fine to join, I want to as well! You're sure it's the official one?