2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is ridiculous did they seriously not accept anyone? Still waiting here...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Yea did anyone from 1/28 or later get in? I don't know of anyone.

I've been on the IS waitlist since October and this is my top choice school. It's been torture, but judging from past threads there will be a lot of movement in early May and it seems like they start pulling from the IS waitlist first. Who knows though... they're obviously super backed up

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo do we think they're done with releasing decisions today? The rest of us are going to have to brace for tomorrow?

Turns out that email was just a waitlist for the waitlist! Ill be attending another school :) thanks for the laughs today everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted... interviewed 1/28. I have no other acceptances, so I'm getting worried now. I'm on 3 waitlists.

Finally accepted today. OOS. Interviewed 1/28 and had been waiting forever for a decision, but it came too late. I've been accepted at other places since and will not be attending, sticking to my state school. Hope my spot goes to those of you waitlisted--particularly @VTrunnergirl, tomorrow. ;)

Reactions: 6 users
Finally accepted today. OOS. Interviewed 1/28 and had been waiting forever for a decision, but it came too late. I've been accepted at other places since and will not be attending, sticking to my state school. Hope my spot goes to those of you waitlisted--particularly @VTrunnergirl, tomorrow. ;)

Aw, thank you so much! You are awesome! Congrats on your acceptance(s!), best of luck!

Still silence on my end. Interviewed at the end of February. Desperately refreshing my email all day today. Good luck everyone :)

Waitlisted just now - decisions might be coming in for those of you still waiting - I hope acceptances are in the works for you guys!!

Waitlisted as well - hopefully many of us will get good news in the coming weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Additionally they spelled my name wrong in the waitlist email... uncool

What the heck is going on?? Clearly lots of people have withdrawn recently but it seems like very few of us are getting in! What gives?

What the heck is going on?? Clearly lots of people have withdrawn recently but it seems like very few of us are getting in! What gives?

I think they do another full review of waitlisted candidates when spots open up. There will hopefully be some movement over the next couple weeks...

OOS, waitlisted. Interviewed 12/5. Would've been nice to have said I had more than one acceptance, but beggars can't be choosers. Best of luck to everyone!

Yea did anyone from 1/28 or later get in? I don't know of anyone.

I saw from earlier in this thread that you were born and raised in-state, but denied in-state tuition...out of curiosity, were you out of state recently? I had to travel out of state a lot over the last several months, and am worried about how it could have affected my status (assuming I'm lucky enough to get accepted from the waitlist, at any rate).

I saw from earlier in this thread that you were born and raised in-state, but denied in-state tuition...out of curiosity, were you out of state recently? I had to travel out of state a lot over the last several months, and am worried about how it could have affected my status (assuming I'm lucky enough to get accepted from the waitlist, at any rate).

I talked to both the admissions committee as well as the UVM residency officer, and they both told me that determination of residency is for tuition purposes only. If you applied as an in-stater then that's what they consider you, regardless of official classification.

I talked to both the admissions committee as well as the UVM residency officer, and they both told me that determination of residency is for tuition purposes only. If you applied as an in-stater then that's what they consider you, regardless of official classification.

I don't recall a part of the application that specifically asked about in-state status. I mentioned it throughout my application, though. Was there a checkbox or something? If so, I probably checked it and just don't recall...

Last edited:
Waitlisted. This is like if I went on a date and I liked them, but they were like "I'll call you" so I never contacted them, and then 3 months later they were like, "Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm not sure how I felt about our date, so could you wait around for me?"

Actually, Becky, no I can't wait around. *picks up self-respect from floor, walks out of room*

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. This is like if I went on a date and I liked them, but they were like "I'll call you" so I never contacted them, and then 3 months later they were like, "Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm not sure how I felt about our date, so could you wait around for me?"

Actually, Becky, no I can't wait around. *picks up self-respect from floor, walks out of room*
WHO ARE YOU?? I am dying. Marry me.

Withdrew, Good Luck guys, hope one of you get my spot.

Current student, randomly scrolling through this forum (not usually on this website)
UVM takes a fair amount from the waitlist, I know a good chunk of my class (maybe >20%) came from the waitlist. So hold strong and good luck
Thanks!! That's so good to hear! Any in-staters ever get off the waitlist??

Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
HOLY COW just got in off the waitlist!! I hope many of you hear back soon too!!

Reactions: 14 users
HOLY COW just got in off the waitlist!! I hope many of you hear back soon too!!

Just wondering, did they call you or email you? Haha just so I know to obsessively check my email or not have a heart attack when I see a incoming call with a Burlington area code.

Just wondering, did they call you or email you? Haha just so I know to obsessively check my email or not have a heart attack when I see a incoming call with a Burlington area code.
It was an email! Hope you get one too! :)

Hey guys I will be withdrawing my acceptance here.. Best of luck to all of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
So they really only moved 1 person (potentially a couple more not on SDN) off the waitlist so far? Shouldn't more movement happen soon?

So they really only moved 1 person (potentially a couple more not on SDN) off the waitlist so far? Shouldn't more movement happen soon?
Here is all the waitlist movement from last year's thread...

30rqi4m.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
That's it...?
According to MSAR, only ~20 people are accepted off the waitlist each year. Last year, 11 people on SDN said they were accepted. Based on the fact that SDN is not representative of the entire applicant pool, 11 is a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
According to MSAR, only ~20 people are accepted off the waitlist each year. Last year, 11 people on SDN said they were accepted. Based on the fact that SDN is not representative of the entire applicant pool, 11 is a lot.

Awesome data you've compiled there. Any idea how many of those 11 people were in-state vs. out of state? From what I understand, UVM tries to replace a withdrawing OOS-er with someone on the OOS waitlist, and similar for in-state.

Awesome data you've compiled there. Any idea how many of those 11 people were in-state vs. out of state? From what I understand, UVM tries to replace a withdrawing OOS-er with someone on the OOS waitlist, and similar for in-state.
6 of the 11 posted they were OOS. The other 5 didn't say..

Hey guys withdrew my acceptance here about 2 weeks ago. Hope everyone gets in! It seems to be a great school and I had a really hard time deciding where to go :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys withdrew my acceptance here about 2 weeks ago. Hope everyone gets in! It seems to be a great school and I had a really hard time deciding where to go :)

Thanks for letting us know! Were you in-state or OOS?