2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also interviewed 1/28 and am checking my portal every 20 minutes haha. No changes yet!

Members don't see this ad.

So... Anyone else get background check confirmation without ever submitting Certiphi?

Don't worry Grace8822! Crickets for me too and same interview day. Nothing in the portal or email. Our time will come this week, I'm optimistic!

Your positive words are much appreciated! Only two and a half days left in the week....basically any minute!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the 12/5 interview date? It's been almost 3 months and I haven't heard anything.

Has anyone heard back from the 12/5 interview date? It's been almost 3 months and I haven't heard anything.

No you've been waiting almost 4 months! That's awful, I thought I had it bad waiting to hear from the 1/28 interview.....

I interviewed then. Was waitlisted a couple weeks ago, don't remember the exact date. Haven't heard anything after that.

No you've been waiting almost 4 months! That's awful, I thought I had it bad waiting to hear from the 1/28 interview.....
You're right, it has been almost 4 months...On the upside, I haven't been waitlisted or rejected yet. I called the other day and the response I received was "probably soon".

You're right, it has been almost 4 months...On the upside, I haven't been waitlisted or rejected yet. I called the other day and the response I received was "probably soon".

Yep, I emailed the other day and got a similar response. Hitting my head against a wall until further notice...

oh my goodness this makes me so nervous. I was 1/28 and (as I have commented ) not heard anything either. That is a really long wait for you!

Also haven't heard from 12/5, and there are people who interviewed in February who have found out? Makes zero sense.

It looks like UVM is going to require the CASPer test for the next admissions cycle. what a bummer! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wishing all of you 2/25 (and other) applicants luck this week! If I remember correctly, they said we would hear this week. Fingers crossed for Larner! Saw a few of you haven't gotten in anywhere. That was the story for me last cycle. Try to endure all the frustrating platitudes and remember you can always reapply. I did so with great success this year. I would be happy to chat with anyone who is curious what my method was after the madness.

Reactions: 3 users
Wishing all of you 2/25 (and other) applicants luck this week! If I remember correctly, they said we would hear this week. Fingers crossed for Larner! Saw a few of you haven't gotten in anywhere. That was the story for me last cycle. Try to endure all the frustrating platitudes and remember you can always reapply. I did so with great success this year. I would be happy to chat with anyone who is curious what my method was after the madness.

I interviewed 1/28 and have yet to hear anything so it may be a bit longer for the 2/25 interviews as well. Thanks for the positive sentiment !

Reactions: 1 users
From what I gathered they do very few, LARGE, interview days throughout the cycle. each interview day will have about 50 applicants.
Don't feel bad about having to wait! They have to sift through 50 new interview evaluations every few weeks!

Also check your junk mails

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping they send out mass acceptances tomorrow before we hit April :)

... ok well my optimism for hearing back this week has entered the gas form and left the beaker of my consciousness.

Reactions: 2 users
... ok well my optimism for hearing back this week has entered the gas form and left the beaker of my consciousness.
Agreed... seems like they may be a week or more off from what they told us on interview day. The suspense.....

Agreed... seems like they may be a week or more off from what they told us on interview day. The suspense.....

As someone who interviewed 1/28 and was told we would hear "late February to early March", I'd say they are most certainly more than a week off from what we were originally told :eyebrow:

Along a similar vein...anyone from 12/5 still not heard? Or have you all heard back at this point?

As someone who interviewed 1/28 and was told we would hear "late February to early March", I'd say they are most certainly more than a week off from what we were originally told :eyebrow:
Really hoping it speeds up soon... does anyone think the April 1st notification thingy will speed up the process? Anyone have any inside insight as to how this affects things?

Really hoping it speeds up soon... does anyone think the April 1st notification thingy will speed up the process? Anyone have any inside insight as to how this affects things?
What's the April 1st notification thingy?

Ohh. UVM has definitely taken longer than April 1st in the past, so I'm not sure that that would speed things up, unfortunately.
Darn. I figured it seemed logical that they might make a few decisions based on that data... otherwise I am unsure of the purpose for such a database.

Interviewed 12/3. Total silence except for the financial aid email.

[hQUOTE="adr1an, post: 18811810, member: 797228"]Interviewed 12/3. Total silence except for the financial aid email.[/QUOTE]

Have you called or anything? 4 months seems absurdly excessive

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
This wait is getting a little ridiculous... Anyone called them lately? Or heard anything?

Got an email this morning:

"Thank you for your patience. We know you have been waiting many weeks--in some cases even months--for a decision from the Admissions Committee. We now are asking for you to be patient just a little bit longer.

We will send you an update about your status on or before Friday, April 28th."

"Thank you for your patience. We know you have been waiting many weeks--in some cases even months--for a decision from the Admissions Committee. We now are asking for you to be patient just a little bit longer.

When did you interview?

When did you interview?

Got the same email. Interviewed 1/28. Wow we won't hear back until the end of April. I hope they have aid packages if we're accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, that is ridiculous. That's AFTER second look day. How is anyone supposed to make any decisions or plans???

I'm sorry, that is ridiculous. That's AFTER second look day. How is anyone supposed to make any decisions or plans???

I interviewed 1/28 as well and did not get that email ..... Its hard to plan for the fall with this delay. If I am going to another school I need to rent an apartment. Hmm

I interviewed 1/28 as well and did not get that email ..... Its hard to plan for the fall with this delay. If I am going to another school I need to rent an apartment. Hmm
It's completely crazy. I was born and raised in VT and this makes me not want to attend this school. It really shouldn't take them this long.

It's completely crazy. I was born and raised in VT and this makes me not want to attend this school. It really shouldn't take them this long.

Same. This is really disappointing. I'm not sure what could possibly be taking this long...

At this point there is no question that I will be attending another institution regardless of whether I get into UVM. Pushing back decisions until practically the beginning of May (six months from when I interviewed) shows a level of incompetence on the school's part, but also a lack of respect for applicants. How am I supposed to know that they would treat their students any differently?

My condolences to those for whom this is their only option, but I'll be taking my money elsewhere.