2016-2017 University of Utah Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not @LadyinSpain, nor a Facebook wizard, but it says "Members (71) , Admins (2), Invited (41)".
Someone of those people may be current students though.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the group's name is UUSOM Class of 2021 so I don't think current MS1's or anything would be in the group, would they?
I'm in a different schools Facebook group with a similar name and current students post frequently looking for roommates or giving advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So does that mean 110 acceptances have been sent out thus far then?

I guess that could be implied.

I'm in a different schools Facebook group with a similar name and current students post frequently looking for roommates or giving advice.

I don't think anyone in the group right now is a current student. Fairly certain about that.

I'm not @LadyinSpain, nor a Facebook wizard, but it says "Members (71) , Admins (2), Invited (41)".
I can't look at it now that it's private. But back when I could, some of the people under the members were the same as those under invited. Not sure if that's the case, but if an accepted applicant is bored and wants to look through the two lists and see if they are the same people or different, that would help those of us who are bored but don't have access... yet... ;)

I can't look at it now that it's private. But back when I could, some of the people under the members were the same as those under invited. Not sure if that's the case, but if an accepted applicant is bored and wants to look through the two lists and see if they are the same people or different, that would help those of us who are bored but don't have access... yet... ;)

Earlier, when I clicked on the "invited" list it didn't allow me to see the list of names but now it does. It does look like there is overlap. Most of them are unidentifiable email addresses so I can't tell you numbers but mine is on there and I'm already added to the group.

Reactions: 1 users
That makes me feel much better.

I'm not really sure. It does say 41 were invited. The problem is we can't really know. I can definitely see some email addresses listed in the invited members that match the names of current members, so there's no way to tell.

I'm not really sure. It does say 41 were invited. The problem is we can't really know. I can definitely see some email addresses listed in the invited members that match the names of current members, so there's no way to tell.

Sorry. Repeat info. My page didn't refresh, so I didn't see the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, that number of invited member hasn't really moved if my memory serves me right. My gut says that the current number is a more accurate representation of accepted students.

So I'm IS and interviewed in December. And I talked to my premedical advisor today and he said he was told there would be a massive amount of emails sent out on March 15th that will contain acceptances, rejections, and waitlists. I thought we were told we could find out anytime before that date, especially because that is their scholarship deadline, but I dunno... I thought I would pass the information along!

I would really hope they didn't just blatantly lie to our faces about the number of students accepted before March. But I guess you never know

So I'm IS and interviewed in December. And I talked to my premedical advisor today and he said he was told there would be a massive amount of emails sent out on March 15th that will contain acceptances, rejections, and waitlists. I thought we were told we could find out anytime before that date, especially because that is their scholarship deadline, but I dunno... I thought I would pass the information along!

The 15th is a Wednesday and from what someone said above they accept a bunch of people the first Wednesday of March. With the move maybe they postponed it a couple of Wednesdays?

Also, W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet, and the Facebook group has 72 accepted and 41 people invited. 23+160-72-41=70, and 7 is my lucky number, so my best guess is that I'll get the call one week from today. Is that how it works? I've officially driven myself insane.

Reactions: 7 users
The 15th is a Wednesday and from what someone said above they accept a bunch of people the first Wednesday of March. With the move maybe they postponed it a couple of Wednesdays?

Also, W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet, and the Facebook group has 72 accepted and 41 people invited. 23+160-72-41=70, and 7 is my lucky number, so my best guess is that I'll get the call one week from today. Is that how it works? I've officially driven myself insane.
You deserve a round of applause for that.

So based on the trends of the last two years, it's looking like the first Wednesday in March (tomorrow) is when the big batch of acceptances seem to go so good luck everybody.

Also, @LadyinSpain, does it say how many people have been invited to the acceptance group but haven't yet joined? I just saw that that was a fairly large group at this point in time in I believe last year's thread.
This trend may be true! Just got my call about an hour ago!

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else having a hard time joining the Facebook group? I was just accepted today but the links keep telling me I can't access the page.

Also - so excited :D !

Can someone that's been accepted write me a prescription for Xanax?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm at work and don't have my interview packet with me...can someone tell me what the FAFSA school code is? Is there only one for the U?
Edit: got it!

Last edited:
Congratulations! When did you interview?

Thanks! I interviewed in February (OOS, LizzyM low-mid-70s, and the UofU was my #1 top choice).

Also - re:Facebook - if the email address UofU has for you doesn't match an email address that Facebook has for you, you won't be able to see the group.

FYI: Tomorrow the admissions office will be closed due to moving offices.

FYI: Tomorrow the admissions office will be closed due to moving offices.
Ugh make us wait. Has the number on Facebook gone up significantly with today's acceptances or just a few?

Last edited:
Everyone else: I didn't get a call today; it's alright, I still have two weeks. No worries, just stay cool.

Me: I didn't get a call today; totally didn't get in, better throw in the towel and give up on all professional aspirations.

Reactions: 5 users
Everyone else: I didn't get a call today; it's alright, I still have two weeks. No worries, just stay cool.

Me: I didn't get a call today; totally didn't get in, better throw in the towel and give up on all professional aspirations.
You and me... we're one in the same haha.

I think it's more like 25/75 first/second group, lol.

I live in Utah and every day I get 2-3 calls from a random Utah number. I answer every time hoping it's Dr. Chan and it always ends up being someone trying to sell me a cruise or something but I have to keep answering...

I live in Utah and every day I get 2-3 calls from a random Utah number. I answer every time hoping it's Dr. Chan and it always ends up being someone trying to sell me a cruise or something but I have to keep answering...
FYI my call showed up as an "unknown" number :) I had been answering a lot of dumb Utah number calls for a few weeks too

Has anyone heard anything today? Or are they not making any calls while they move offices?

I think they were having spring break last week so maybe there will be more activity this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Any Utahns here that could speak to the commute from the northern suburbs (SO will be working near Ogden so we're trying to split the difference). We're looking at places as far north as Farmington since there's a FrontRunner station there but not sure how dependable or reasonable it is to consider that far of a commute. Driving around seemed pretty easy but I'm not familiar with traffic, etc.

If you're going from Farmington to campus, it's going to be about a 30-45 minute drive with heavy traffic probably taking you about an hour. Taking the frontrunner and then the bus is going to take you about an hour. But I wouldn't say Farmington is the most entertaining place to live fyi.

Any Utahns here that could speak to the commute from the northern suburbs (SO will be working near Ogden so we're trying to split the difference). We're looking at places as far north as Farmington since there's a FrontRunner station there but not sure how dependable or reasonable it is to consider that far of a commute. Driving around seemed pretty easy but I'm not familiar with traffic, etc.

I personally would not like driving that far to the U, buuuut since you are splitting it with your SO farmington wouldn't be so bad I think. Rush hour and the morning are when things get most congested but other than that, it's an easy drive.

Your Ucard for sure will cover TRAX and buses (and I think frontrunner but not 100% sure on that).

I would highly recommend living in Salt Lake. The commute would be about an hour each way for your SO but your lifestyle outside of school/work would be worth it. Just make it up to them with a weekly dinner out or something. If you live in between, or to a lesser extent Ogden, you'll end up moving to SLC before you graduate anyway. It really is that much better. The traffic flow for your SO will be opposite the norm so it won't be too bad. Traffic into SLC is heavy in the mornings and flips for the afternoon commute.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile