2016-2017 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today! Interviewed 9/6. 72 Lizzy M. Don't think I'll be accepting the offer, though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Glad you two finally got your responses though!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys just heard back after interviewing the beginning of September! I interviewed in November and have been getting antsy. Happy things worked out for both of you (both at Toledo and elsewhere)!

Yeah! 5 months seems like a long turn around time! ;) Oh well at least now case closed.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Glad you two finally got your responses though!
I got mine too, also interviewed 9/6 and waitlisted. Oh well. I guess this gives me more clarity as to where I am headed next year :)
Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted, my interview was 1/20. Sigh.

Last edited:
Alternate list this morning. Interviewed 1/5. +1 on the sigh.

Last edited:
Awh man, sorry to hear that. I'm rooting for you!!
I mean I guess I'll just hold onto the blind hope of being that one person who gets in right before orientation starts? But thank you I need all the rooting I can get!

Do they reject post-ii or does everyone go on the alternate list?

Do they reject post-ii or does everyone go on the alternate list?
I remember they stressed at the interview that they DO reject post ii, but haven't seen anything on SDN

I remember they stressed at the interview that they DO reject post ii, but haven't seen anything on SDN
Okay, I couldn't remember. I need to gauge my level of desperation here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 1/30, interviewed in October. (Ohio resident) The Facebook page only has 80 members so far and the class is about 175 every year, so there is still plenty of room! Hope that eases some of the anxiety (if possible).

Accepted 1/30, interviewed in October. (Ohio resident) The Facebook page only has 80 members so far and the class is about 175 every year, so there is still plenty of room! Hope that eases some of the anxiety (if possible).
u da real MVP

Reactions: 2 users
FYI for those of you who are still waiting on a decision:
I interviewed here on Feb. 4th and the admissions staff told me they are quite behind/backlogged in sending decisions out to people. This is because AMCAS made all the schools switch to a new platform for managing applications and they had a number of issues setting theirs up at the last minute. From what I was told, they should be caught up by the end of this month (February). If you haven't heard from them yet it is likely because of this backlog so don't read too much into it just yet.

Very grateful to have received an admissions offer yesterday, 2/14. II in late October and interviewed 1/17. I'm OOS and URM. Receiving a good scholarship would definitely be a game changer for me to attend here, considering OOS tuition is 60k. For those that have applied for scholarships, is there a relatively quick turnaround time?

Very grateful to have received an admissions offer yesterday, 2/14. II in late October and interviewed 1/17. I'm OOS and URM. Receiving a good scholarship would definitely be a game changer for me to attend here, considering OOS tuition is 60k. For those that have applied for scholarships, is there a relatively quick turnaround time?

FYI I think you can apply for ohio residency after the first year and only pay 30k the last 3 years. Not 100% sure

FYI I think you can apply for ohio residency after the first year and only pay 30k the last 3 years. Not 100% sure

You can definitely do this. Many of my classmates have established Ohio Residency and are only paying in state tuition for years 2-4. They said it was quite a bit of paperwork but definitely worth it.

Just so you have all available information. In state tuition is 30kish for the first two years, and 40kish the last two years (summer semester).

But yeah, pretty much everyone does this.

Are they likely done offering interviews? Surprised I didn't receive any IS love from Toledo

Are they likely done offering interviews? Surprised I didn't receive any IS love from Toledo

According to representatives at the AAMC virtual fair, interview invites are still going out. Interviews run through April, and then in May they do interviews for waitlist spots.

II this morning, only open dates were late April

has ANYONE heard any acceptances/rejections who interviewed in 2017? I know they are backed up, I just want to know if anyone has heard anything at all.

has ANYONE heard any acceptances/rejections who interviewed in 2017? I know they are backed up, I just want to know if anyone has heard anything at all.

I interviewed Jan 20 and got accepted two weeks ago

Interview invite this morning. Only available dates to interview are late April though :(

The delay in the decision process at U Toledo is frustrating, to say the least

The delay in the decision process at U Toledo is frustrating, to say the least
It truly is, but don't let it be a reflection on the overall organization of the institution especially the pre-clinical years.

Just got my accepted email! Interviewed 1/6

Can some people post their stats just to see what kinds of scores they are accepting?

Everyone keep your phones on today. Received a call from the med school asking if I still wanted to interview. I am going to decline the offer due to another acceptance, but there is still hope for all of you... maybe send a Hail Mary love letter right now lol

Can some people post their stats just to see what kinds of scores they are accepting?
Interviewed 1/17, accepted 2/14. LizzyM 63.5, bad GPA (3.1) but pretty good MCAT (514). Graduating senior at a well regarded midwestern university. I guess they must have really liked my personal statement and MMIs.

Reactions: 3 users
Everyone keep your phones on today. Received a call from the med school asking if I still wanted to interview. I am going to decline the offer due to another acceptance, but there is still hope for all of you... maybe send a Hail Mary love letter right now lol
Do you remember the phone number that called you?

Is Toledo still sending out II? Will they update you if you're not interviewed

Yes, it's Saturday, March 25!

Btw, does anyone know what the dress code is for Second Look Day?
White tees and Nikes. You a busta if you're not rocking a casual look. No but seriously I think it's meant to be a pretty casual day. So dark wash jeans = fine. Sweatpants = no no.

White tees and Nikes. You a busta if you're not rocking a casual look. No but seriously I think it's meant to be a pretty casual day. So dark wash jeans = fine. Sweatpants = no no.

LOL. Thank you!

Has anyone interviewed in Feb heard back from the admission?

Has anyone interviewed in Feb heard back from the admission?

I interviewed in January and still haven't heard back. All these webinar emails are sufficiently giving me a heart attack each time they pop up in my inbox